FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 932933934935936 1037>
Author
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 5:54pm
How do you guys go with the pulling clothes up and down independently? Rowan can never get her trousers up or down over her nappies. They always get stuck at the back.

Just went for a walk to Starbucks with the girls for a fluffy. Morgan was good but awake the whole way there and she started to get really tired when we got there but wouldn't settle. Popped the dummy in and she was asleep in about a minute. So I'm thinking the sleep association may have already started. She only slept for 30 minutes (woke when we got home) but it's still a good start.

Sponsored Links

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 6:15pm
freesia- yeah and even if we spilt neither for us want more kids so it works out great..

re TT we aren't starting E due to the baby arriving and he's also just not ready. I'm just trying not to feel behind when he is still in cot, and has dummy and not TT:) but two is quite early amongst the DC kids I've taught so i feel better about that..at least his speech is coming along now:) and his motor skills/co-ordination and receptive language skills are great so i feel ok:) taken me this long to stop comparing:)

E was really early with sleep association with his dummy too...
Mum to two amazing boys!
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 6:38pm
It is pretty hard not to make comparisons with other kids. I just try to keep in mind that some are ready for things really early, others just aren't, no point in worrying about it.

Bobbie, Livvy can take her pants off if they're not too tight. She just keeps yanking them down until it pops over the nappy but if they're too tight they just can't quite make it. She doesn't have a clue how to put them on again (unassisted) yet.

It sounds like Sophie is just going to stick to using the toilet all on her own.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 7:27pm
Yay for Sophie's little breakthrough with TT! Is the Gina Ford book worth a look, you reckon? I might have to make a trip to the library.

Bobbie, Chloe can take her pants off, with a bit of a struggle, and tries to put them on again but can't do it unaided.

KA, don't feel behind... Chloe still has dummy, cot and yet to TT... and to be honest I wouldn't even be thinking of TT yet if my Mum wasn't pressuring me to. I just don't feel like she's ready. I am really happy she's still in a cot and has a dummy too, TBH, after hearing about some of the antics from other toddlers! Lol Although I would like to see the end of the dummy.

I didn't end up doing housework took your advice and rested. Plus my counsellor gave me the hard word this afternoon about needing to cut myself some slack, and the way she described me made me think she might have a point.

I accidentally opened a can of worms in the general thread again oops.

It's lovely and sunny here this evening Wish it had been like this all day! DH and I just had a nice sit outside on the seat-swing and a chat and cuddle before he goes to play soccer... it was nice.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 8:01pm
Good on you LB. You need more days like that I think
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 8:01pm
It's not a race guys The only reason we started TT'ing Jack is because he's been showing signs for ages, and it was a good time to just let him run around in undies. If he doesn't get it for a while, it's no biggy. Whereas you guys might hold off and your wee ones might get it in a week - all kids are different. I just know I couldn't keep Jack in nappies as he was ready to start the process.

As for cots - I wish I still had him in one! Esp with both kids in the same room.

Well I start work on the first week of term - only 1 day relieving is permanent but will pick up a lot more, and 20 hours at the law firm, as well as cleaning my sister's house. I have a feeling I'm going to end up being rather busy once relieving picks up I meet the teacher I'm releasing next week, so it'll be interesting to see what areas I get to teach.

Good on you LB for resting. Off to check general thread, I like a good debate lol
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 8:20pm
Don't worry about starting yet if you are not ready. The only reason we are with Sophie is because Amy would not go and my Mum had a theory that Amy would not be dry until Sophie was out of nappies . I found the Gina Ford book useful just to see how to go about it logistically - I had no idea.

KA - Amy was quite happy in her cot and only moved into her big girl bed in August, so she was 3 years and 3 months. The up side of that is she has never got out of bed in the evening once we tuck her in . We were worried that she would actually out-grow the cot before her bed arrived!

I am having to do Sophie's clothes (even before her arm went bung) but with Amy, when she had her first go at TT this time last year I just made sure I had lots of track pants and leggings. Even now she can't manage anything with buttons.

eta: off to find LB's *can of worms* Glad you had such a nice evening and took our great advice

Edited by jaycee

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:22pm
What age will the kids be Emz? Are you excited to be getting back out to work? The photos you just put up on FB are so cute. Jack has the most amazing smile and the cake came out awesome! I love the photo of Ava in the pink snowsuit thing, how cute.

We want Livvy out of her cot so the next baby can use it and we're not going to push Livvy's tting either. She's happy doing her one wee on the potty and we'll leave it simple like that until she's telling us beforehand, etc. I really don't want to be tting for long with a newborn so I'm not worried if she's still a while off.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:39pm
It's only 2 weeks away Freesia So yeah, kind of freaking out. I've been on the phone all arvo to WINZ and the IRD to figure out childcare sub (will have to ring up every week) and student loan repayments. Such a PITA not having a permanent job to go to but hey it's income that's desperately needed.

Also, we just re-fixed out mortgage today so have an extra $60 a week now and have consolidated our CC debt with a loan at a lower interest rate from my dad, so at least we will survive with paying DC bills this year

Bummer is, I think I said about going to get my eye checked? Well I'm on a week of AB's and if it doesn't clear up then I have to have minor surgery to get it cut out Thank god for medical insurance. It's not that bad though, it just hurts like hell and I look like the hunchback of notre dame (or better still the guy from The Goonies ).
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:40pm
Oh Freesia, we were told not to do anything dramatic 2-3 months either side of the baby arriving, so Jack was in a bed at (I think) about 18 months? The best thing we did was put the bed in there for a while before we started the transition and talked about it being a big kids bed, and that only babies sleep in cots. He was so excited to finally be a 'big kid' and sleep in his bed!
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 8:23am

Morning all!

Stink about your eye Emz!!  Hope the ABs zap it away!  The holidays have gone quick huh, the kids go back on the 2nd here kindy and school, 2 weeks today!

Drew will be staying in his cot for a few years yet lol ok maybe not years but he will eventually move into the toddler bed that Leo is in and I will have to pack up the cot and get rid of it so no hurry He is no where near TTing and I am in no hurry for that one either, I learned with the other 2 that it was easier to wait til they were showing signs like Jack has been, Drew is far too lazy and likes walking around in a pooey nappy lol!  Him and Leo are both in large ittis now, Leo still wears one at night just in case and Drew is in them full time, they have certainly been well worth the money.

So I am getting back into reading, I havent really had the time other than the odd gossip mag and I am really enjoying it I have finished the lovely bones and several Danielle Steeles and I am now on a John Grisham.  So would love some ideas for authors to look out for at the library?  Anything easy read, I am a power reader too so it only takes me a day or 2 to get through them.  Freesia did you want to borrow the lovely bones?  Off to post office today so let me know if you do and I will pop it in the post

Jane, glad you had a rest day hon!  You DEFINETLY need to cut yourself some slack, it is so hard to function when you arent feeling well, must be so horrid with the constant fevers  Take care ok and take it easy on yourself!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 8:42am
Is it a Pinguecula Emz? DP has got little bumps on each of his eyeballs but the optometrist said his are fine to leave unless they're bothering him. My BIL had something similar cut out of his eyes.

Char that would actually be really awesome if you don't mind. Let me know how much postage is too and I'll slip it in when I send the book back. I've been feeling a little lost at night with nothing to read. I'll PM you my addy. I'm not a power reader though sorry although I'll try to get through it quick smart.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 8:56am
Ow .. i skim read the whole eyeball surgery part, but im hoping you dont need anything done Emz

Char - Ive reverted to reading magazines, something quick n easy as whatever I read Isabelle tends to want, she has a real thing for books at the moment! I think the last thing I read was the book Bobbie lent me with Atticus in it oh and the John Grisham one with the Pope, that was good, but you could see what was coming a mile away!

With Issy, we are just being lazy really in regards to TT .. I *think* she is ready, but we would like to wait till she is in the next room up at DC where they start TTing them so that its a full force mission.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 10:13am
Good thought Julia, about waiting until Issy has jumped up to the next room at DC. Chloe is mostly in the over 2's area now, they have been slowly getting her used to it. I talked to one of the other mummies and apparently they are really good with TT at our daycare - if the kids are in undies. The kids that are in pull-ups don't get seen to the same... but the kids in undies get taken to the toilet really frequently. So that sounds good.

Chloe barely even knows when she wees yet... like she weed on the floor having no nappy on before her bath last night, and she just looked really surprised that it happened. Also she only says "poos" when she has a sore bottom and wants some cream - even if there is no poo in there. I just don't think she's ready yet so I'm not going to push it.

Sounds like you have the same taste as me in books, Char! I have no recommendations though, I haven't really had the concentration for books recently. Although I'm slowly working my way through "Sisters" by Danielle Steel - I'm finding it quite repetitive though.

Ouch about the eye Emz Hope that the ABs clear it up so you don't need surgery.

When are our Secret Baby pressies due by?
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 10:22am
Well the party is on Sunday 31st, so by then?

LB - Our dc is really good at TT'ing apparently .. Issy is transitioning at the moment, so can come and go between the rooms as she pleases. The teachers in her room were saying that they make a concerted effort in two year old room to TT the kids, she said often the kids are out of nappies within the first month of being in there!
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 10:25am
Julia, wouldn't it be awesome if they did all the TT work for you I would so be up for that!
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 11:25am

Now that would be awesome, sounds like a fantastic daycare Julia!

My SB pressie will be in the post today Freesia book all packaged up and I will send that off as well.  Drew is back at Porse now, his caregiver has been on holiday so he started back yesterday.  He is starting Monday/Tuesday mornings with her at the beginning of the term as Leo is starting morning kindy!  She will be taking him to Porse playgroup both mornings which he will absolutely love! Leo went with him yesterday and is also going today, he loves it there as well and Z and I are going to go get his school books and have some Mum and me alone time He will be 9 in March seems hard to believe!  I also have my MRI next month, wow where has almost 6 months gone?!?

I think I remember reading sisters LB.  I like the fact her books are easy to start reading.  Will have a look out for other John Grishams Julia, the one I am reading is called The Broker, its pretty good so far!

I know at least one of you (Freesia, Julia?) have Pandora bracelets for your girls?  Am thinking of getting my sister a lookalike one from Pascoes for her 30th next weekend, thought it would be a neat thing to add to and she loves her jewellery.

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 11:45am
Z is 9??? OMG, he's going to be a teenager soon!

It's so funny that you bring up the Pandora bracelets Char because Livvy found hers this morning and was playing with it. And surprisingly enough she'd always put it back in the box when she was done. Livvy's was about $90 for the bracelet (silver, the gold ones are EXPENSIVE!) and the charms (silver again) seem to be about $30-40 so far. We're only getting her one each year so it doesn't work out too much for us. When we were looking in Taupo they actually had a system where the shop keeps a record of all the charms bought so that if people want to buy one as a gift, they can go in and check on the system if they already have it, no double ups. Neat idea I thought but that's easy in Taupo where only 1 shop sells them.

A lot of the charms from Warehouse and other jewellers are all interchangeable though so there are heaps of options out there for which charms you want.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 12:28pm
Char, have you read the Bronze Horseman trilogy? I loved it (can't remember who wrote it, might be Paullina Simons, but prob not lol). I love WW2 books though (set in Leningrad).

No freesia its a Chalazion (don't google it lol, gross images). Same family is a sty but a lot worse. Am going a couple of days without my contacts in to see if that helps too. Ab's 3 times a day and hot compresses 4 times a day. Fingers crossed!

Char - with TTing, did your boys have any issues actually going on the toilet? Jack refuses to walk around in a wet nappy or undies (which is good) but also won't go on the toilet. We're not pushing it at the moment but it means we have to have him in undies and he just has accidents all the time (tells us he needs to go, then refuses to do anything on the toilet, and does it as soon as he gets off (will hold on until he's off the toilet). Is rather frustrating but I'm TRYING to be patient
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by LittleBug LittleBug wrote:

KA, don't feel behind... Chloe still has dummy, cot and yet to TT... and to be honest I wouldn't even be thinking of TT yet if my Mum wasn't pressuring me to. I just don't feel like she's ready. I am really happy she's still in a cot and has a dummy too, TBH, after hearing about some of the antics from other toddlers! Lol Although I would like to see the end of the dummy.

good to know its not just me!:) jaycee- ditto..:) E is very long though and i think thats why he wakes all the time but its the less of two evils having him in there atm:) we wanted him out of cot before bub but then bought Kandice's cheap so solved that.. hope your eye gets better soon emz !

emz i know not a race just i read this thread and think omg..my son is so far behind the others:) but the paft lady said he's fine and the doc so I'm all good.. and I know he is fine..I'm ECE trained..I'm just hormonal:)

and now the money Dh is working for this week and last week so he can stay home with us two weeks isnt coming in cause hes hurt himself so it will be straight back to work after baby:(

he is like(DH) why cant we do stuff just beofre bub comes..like changing beds....he even wants changing of schools..we are already moving house and giving him a new brother..lol..the poor kid needs some stabilty!
reading is awesome eh char!:)
lilfatty they wont train her in the unders? :( I'd be a bit grumpy bout that! !

i already sent my SB present!!emz you deserve a medal TT with a baby too!:)

Edited by Four_eyes
Mum to two amazing boys!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 932933934935936 1037>