FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 933934935936937 1037>
Author
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 1:46pm
KA - They do a little bit (if you are TTing already), but its not a concerted effort like it is in the over twos.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Sponsored Links

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 3:14pm

Originally posted by emz emz wrote:

Char - with TTing, did your boys have any issues actually going on the toilet? Jack refuses to walk around in a wet nappy or undies (which is good) but also won't go on the toilet. We're not pushing it at the moment but it means we have to have him in undies and he just has accidents all the time (tells us he needs to go, then refuses to do anything on the toilet, and does it as soon as he gets off (will hold on until he's off the toilet). Is rather frustrating but I'm TRYING to be patient

I actually never used a potty Emz, got one of those insert seats for the toilet and a step stool and only ever used the toilet.  Good old fashioned bribery might work well here! See if you can get him to sit on the loo and when he does make such a song and dance and give him a lolly/sticker or whatever is currency for Jack and hopefully he will decide it is worth it to sit there after all.  He sounds alot classier than my poo bum baby who walks around in a dirty nappy lol!  Its a bit of a trial and error process with the whole thing really!  Is he ok about sitting on the potty?

All is quiet at my place!!  Going to head off to the library (in peace!!) and then go pick up the boys at 4.  Hope everyone is having a lovely day!!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 3:16pm

oh and stink about DH KA!  You will be fine though hon!! 

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 3:25pm
Rowan sounds a lot like Chloe. Plus I have to sometimes physically drag her to the change table. So definitely not ready here.

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 3:36pm
Livvy's been quite obliging with nappy changes since I've started laying out her Itti Bitti's and letting her choose which colour she wants. She's right into her colours at the moment so it's working really well.

KA, I hope DH isn't too badly hurt. That sucks that he won't get the extra money you were planning on. The moving house is probably going to be a big enough change for Ethan, I agree with you, not too much all at once for the little guy. Are you still going to be ok to move with DH hurt? What unfortunate timing!
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 4:01pm
Daniel is also no where near tt'ing, during the day he hates having his nappy changed I've given up on trying to change him on the change table.. His morning nappy and just before bed nappy are the only changes he doesn't fight. And after a couple of random wanting to sit on the potty he now goes ballistic if you even show him the potty!
Our other big fight at the moment is shoes, he will wear them if we are going in the car or pram (like Rowan he still takes them off) if he is going outside to play he absolutely won't wear them?!?!?!
KA bummer about your DH I hope it's only a minor injury!

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 4:06pm
Where is Charly lately? Or have I just no-brained about her posting recently...? Hope you are okay MP

I agree KA, it will be quite a lot of change at once for wee Ethan. What happened to your DH? Hope he gets better quick!

I just did a small tidy and some groceries and now I feel like conking out, I'm like a zombie. I would go lie down but I have to leave to pick DH up in about 5 mins.

Groceries are so *blah*. We just got WFF today and it's all gone again and I feel like we got the bare essentials. We didn't even need to buy nappies or formula this week. Scary how pricey things are now. We basically got meat, milk, fruit, bread and a couple of other small things.

Better go pick DH up before I fall asleep at the laptop
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 4:07pm
V, Chloe is the opposite... she just goes nuts if you take her shoes and socks off!
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 4:18pm
Janey I totally know what you mean about grocery prices. Doesn't help that we're buying disposables at the moment but we used to get our groceries for under $150. $150 was our budgeted amount and I would routinely buy Christmas Club vouchers with some of the surplus to get us through Dec/Jan and still come out under budget.

Now we spend between $150 - $180 if we buy meat as well. I have stopped going to the Mad Butcher for our meat which will be part of it but most of it is due to the outrageous cost of wholegrain bread and fruit and veges.

Thus the vege garden as my birthday pressie. All going well I shall no longer pay $2 for a small head of brocolli.

Also & to lilfatty since you seem to be getting beaten up a bit in other threads.

Edited by Bobbie

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 4:38pm
Charly has her mum visiting for a while so she's probably just hasn't got the time to jump on to post.

I know what you guys mean about the groceries. Fruit is my major . Veges we can handle frozen but fruit is so expensive. And our meat we're basically living off mince and precooked sausages. The shop we go to didn't have any bread on special and they were mostly about $4 odd for 1 loaf. Our dairy actually has the same ones for less!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 6:16pm
lilfatty- ah ok! we used to have to do it whenever the parents wanted!!

char- yeah hes off work all week again.. just means we may not have any time with him after bub born..i was hoping for at least a week!:) hope you had a nice day!

E struggles unless something on tv he likes.. we change on the floor now for ages though and mostly time out threats work..lol.. thats what is great about Muzz being off work...he changes nappies and feels like he should still do all he can with Ethan...brilliant timing:)

freesia- yeah we hired a truck when normally we wouldnt.. Mum paying for it which is nice..so hopefully he wlll take it easy..it's 30th so hopefully he will be better then.. ?

the ED doc said torn cartilage but will be confirmed at MRI next week..:( guess at least its not broken leg like my friend's hubby when they had their bub!

i think its just an injury from work aggravated..he reckons it got worse boxing day ..yeah it took 6 weeks to settle him in and even though it's 15 mins further its doable..just hopefully he settles in the car a bit better.. if he's tired he grizzles!

yeah things cost way too much these days:(

hugs about the other threads..(which ones) so i can read them without trawling:) !
Mum to two amazing boys!
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

Also & to lilfatty since you seem to be getting beaten up a bit in other threads.

Am I? I best go searching ..

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 8:55pm
Oh will have to search too LF you know we all love you though xx

KA stink about DH! Hopefully he recovers quickly though.

Char - no Jack won't go on the potty, he prefers the toilet. Hmm bribery might work, we do have jellybeans ready and waiting for a wee or poo but nothing's happened, maybe I need to take them into the toilet We've started taking bubble mixture in to blow bubbles while waiting, but today he held on an extra 10 mins from when he told me he wanted to go, just because he didn't want to go on the toilet or while I was looking That's some staying power!

Grr food prices are driving me nuts. We have a $200 a fortnight budget, which includes 2 tins of formula (no nappies or anything) and we are only just coming within it. This time last year it was $150 (no formula though, but lots of milk and yoghurt).
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 9:35pm
Wow thats still ok(ish) we have a budget of $150 per week - suppose thats Auckland prices (oh and I find it REALLY hard to keep to it)!

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 6:50am
We have a $150 budget, too.
I'm having to resort to tinned fruit again I buy bananas and apples fresh, and I'll grab a few nectarines if they're nice, but at $4.95/kg I resent it!
$4.95! In the middle of January!!
The vege patch is seeing us through with courgette, tomatoes and capsicum, so we just buy carrots, onions and potatoes and the rest os frozen stuff..
It's crazy stupid how expensive things are!

Sorry I've been AWOL (thanks for asking after me Janey ). Freesia's right, Mum's here so I'm trying not to be too antisocial

TT'ing isn't happening here, either. I'm not fussed though, she'll be ready in her own time. Preferably before August, though

Sorry I've missed lots.
Have a good day

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 7:11am
And everything is $4.95/kg, even the apples! Maybe we should go back to tinned fruit also. We also aim for $150 but it's pretty rare that we can stick to it for the whole week. We may get it in the first shop but then still need to get more bread, luncheon, etc throughout the week. I hope I can successfully bf this bub full time, the formula costs are killers too. You're doing really well to keep within your budget after those Emz.

We had a not so great night with Livvy. She was really grumpy again. I'm really wondering whether it's the heat. We can cool the house down pretty well with the aircon but because it's portable, noisy and the pipe is hanging out the window we have to turn it off at night and as soon as we do the house gets hot again.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 7:21am
Freesia - could you not get her a fan? Elias seems to really hate the heat so at the moment he has two .. (we stole Issys as well), but Isabelle seems to cope ok.

Charly - I hope your having a fantastic time with your Mum around.

The only fresh fruit we have is the stuff I take home from work (I take stuff the night before our new delivery comes in) Mum usually has fresh fruit at her place though, so Issy eats it there.

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 7:55am
We've got fans but they're too cold if directly on you all night and don't do anything if you have it pointing elsewhere in the room, it just circulates the hot air. I think it's our house, it gets heaps of sun and is really hot in summer and almost no sun and is freezing in winter.
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 8:10am
Oh and Happy Birthday Daniel! Hope you have a great day over there and that it's not too hot.
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 10:16am
Happy Birthday Daniel!

I don't know how Rowan sleeps in this heat. Last night she was just lying on the sheets. Not under any sheets or blankets and her hair was almost drenched This morning she doesn't have any curls just straight hair with flicks at the end because it got 'reset' during the night.

Also at the moment we get the great choice of swaddling Morgan and cooking her or not swaddling her and having her wake up. Well swaddling her in muslin which ends up the same as not swaddling her. She's such a Houdini she's even made it out of the miracle wrap twice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 933934935936937 1037>