FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 935936937938939 1037>
Author
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 11:29am
I love those scan pics. I was getting all clucky looking at them on FB. I being pregnant (haha you guys can go back a few pages and prove me wrong )

I'm soo annoyed at DH. He went shopping last night and spent $250! If that wasn't bad enough I found out today that the only fruit he got was bananas.

So I did the budget last night to figure out what we could spend and I've managed to up the groceries to $165. Today both girls are in cloth because a big proportion of our costs are nappies. Unfortunately while I was prepping them I realised my sis still has my prefolds and covers so I only have 6 fuzzi bunz for Morgan.

Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 11:44am
Wow thats a big grocery bill! I just did ours this morning (although it did include nappies) and lucky I do it online because it took copious amounts of taking things out and trying to find cheaper alternatives to come anywhere near our budget .. although we did have things for the party on Saturday so at least those are one off costs
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 11:44am
Hi all, thanks fir Daniels birthday wishes. He had a great day, loves getting presents and the look on his face when he got his bike was priceless :)
Bit disappointed with the IL's not even a phone call... They were here at Xmas and kept trying to give me the guilts about taking their son and grand children away. I'll never feel bad again!
LB good luck today, and as for lazy - get out of here!!!
Liz glad youre feeling better today, I'm sure hearing from your me that all is well will ease your mind.
Charly love the scan pics love the bobble heads... So you'll have brainy kiddies.
Julia I needed that hot mumma comment!!!! It just motivated me to get out of my pj's!!
Poor Sophie mustbe frustrating for her and you jayc
Beautiful sunny day here ( sorry char) melb heat is a dry heat which is much more manageble than akl heat.
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 11:46am
Julia from now on *I* shall be doing the shopping online. Can't believe it!

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

Julia from now on *I* shall be doing the shopping online. Can't believe it!

Yeah I love SD to bits .. but I do cringe at the thought of him doing our grocery shopping.

I actually went to a the supermarket last weekend to do the groceries .. and that alone made me decide its worth paying the online people to do it for me

Edited to add - I have always used online shopping, but was trying to be frugal lol

Edited by lilfatty

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 12:23pm
Funny, it's the opposite in this house - DH does the shopping, and spends less than I would. It's the same with my parents, my dad always does the grocery shopping too!

Well mw appointment went well, baby is already engaged D2! Mw said 'wow he's right down there'. Explains the pressure I have down there. We figured the bit of show was from when I ran and everything loosened up and baby probably got further down too. So I'm only measuring 28 weeks although I'm 30, cos he's so far down. He has been since the beginning though, must be a 2nd baby thing.

Glad Daniel had a great bday V! Grr at the ILs, glad you won't be feeling guilty anymore

I'm getting stuff ready for party time on Sat morning too Julia - guttered we couldn't come to Issy's, hope you all have a fab time! We've got 12 or 14 kids aged between 2 and 5 coming (all Harry's little friends who he loves playing with) and just having morning tea. I made a cool little drumkit to go on his cake, I'm very proud!
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 12:55pm
Glad you are feeling a bit better now, Liz! Gosh, bubs is well down... hope you don't get too much pain throughout the last trimester. YAY for DH being home!

Charly, your scan pics are fantastic!! Sooo cute. I love that you can see fingers waving around in front of the face LOL at bobble-head... Chloe had a massive head, Ollie was the same length when he was born but had a much smaller head which must account for him being lighter at birth. So I have one bobble-head and one lean-bean. Ollie is so tall and skinny.

Speaking of Ollie, is hair is getting ridiculous again... DH thinks we should try and find a cheap haircutting thing so that we can just give him a number 4 or something. I don't want to think about my little baby having a buzz cut!

Hope DP's feet are getting better, WRX.

at Soph biting her cast! Lol. Probably wasn't funny at the time but I can't get the image out of my head It sounds like she is doing really well at TT though!

I have a splitting headache today.

It's lovely and sunny here though for once! Better get out and hang some more washing up, I'm outta dry nappies.

Goodness, is that really the time!? Better get myself organised for my hospital appointment too, got to drop Ollie off at a friends.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 1:38pm
We haven't introduced lollies or any other drink other than water to Daniel ( aren't we mean) his birthday cake had quite a bit of icing on it, the peice daddy gave him yest didn't have any icing on it. I just gave him a piece and he just handed me the left over bit minus all the icing :) he is terrible drinking from a cup but discovered his cousins fizzy drink and managed to nearly polish it all off without spilling any.
Ashlee needs some of Ollies hair :)
Liz Ashlee was engaged at 32 weeks for me she put pressur on my siatic (so) nerve which meant some mornings (oncei got moving it got better) dh used to have to practically carry my weight while I got moving. Doctor told me I'd have to have physio once she was born but it cured immediately after she was born.

Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 1:40pm
Oh and there is no way I would let DH do our shopping
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 1:44pm
Love the scan pics Charly They're so clear! Even if it is another little bobble head then you know it'll be a really cute one. I'm looking at the heart-rate on your FB ones and thinking "hmmm, girl!". Livvy's was always over 160bpm.

JC, we're the opposite here. We've been having stinking hot days for a few weeks and it's finally raining today. A welcome relief. Just wish the rain would stay and cool everything down rather than stop and start. Poor Amy won't hear the end of it from Sophie when they're older if she toilet trains before her. Yay for Sophie doing so well though. Oh man, how on earth do you keep a toddler from getting sand in a cast? Would those plastic covers for the shower work with sand too?

I'm glad you're feeling much better Liz and things seem to have settled. Hope bub doesn't move any further down for a while, that must be quite uncomfortable. I wish DP would make me pancakes one morning. I was desperate for some on the weekend so went to McD's and got some hotcakes

LOL at getting clucky again Bobbie. Funny how quickly you forget all the bad things once you have a few good days. It must be some inbuilt mummy thing so we don't stop at 1 child

Livvy is back in cloth now too unless we go out and sposies at night time. Trying to cut down our expenses as well. Wow, DP goes silly when he does the shopping alone too and comes back with hardly any of the essentials.

Aw Verena that's really stink of the IL's. Livvy's ones failed to acknowledge her birthday also. Only 2 out of DP's 8 immediate family members even text to wish her happy birthday let alone send a card or call to talk to her. Daniel did well to finish his first fizzy drink. Livvy would take a sip and scrunch her face up for ages. She helped DP finish his McD's coke the other day but he said it'd lost most of it's fizz and was quite watered down. Scary how easily they take to junk food eh?

LB, Ollie could probably work any type of haircut, he's such a cutie. All the best for your x-rays

Had cg this morning and it was so hot. Had to sunscreen the kids and everything and then it started raining on our way home. Livvy thankfully went down for a nap with minimal fuss. I feel quite knackered after all the sweating there. I had to wear pants for the first time in 3 days and I was so hot.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Freesia Freesia wrote:

I had to wear pants for the first time in 3 days and I was so hot.

The first thing that sprung to mind was Freesia wondering around literally without pants on for the last three days ..

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

The first thing that sprung to mind was Freesia wondering around literally without pants on for the last three days ..

Lol and in England, pants are undies!!
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

That is literally what I've been doing! Undies and a singlet ... I'm roasting! Luckily we haven't had any people knocking on our door lately
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 2:55pm
Aww poor Freesia .. that is one thing I dont miss about being pg!

Although im freezing .. Ive put a hoody on and have the heater turned on, all the boys are looking at me funny.

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 3:15pm
Man its so hot here im sitting in short and t-shirt in front of the fan. Its been like this since friday its awesome!!! Although the stupid weather lady keeps saying we will get rain.

Hope scans are going well LB

Hope bub being so far down isnt going to be too uncomfy Liz

I hope i get cool scan pics like you MP my scan is next wed cant wait.

DP shopping on his own scares me we would get tomatoes, cheese, steak, sausages, chips, silverside, bread, eggs, Whitikars chocolate, choc chip bikkies, mallow puffs and a few other packs of bikkies.

Um i forgot everything else i wanted to say and should really be washing the stain out the back of the van like DP asked
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 7:41pm
Lol Freesia I often run around in undies too, on warm days, although I've been getting a bit nervous about that lately since my neighbor's DH often pops over to use our wireless internet now, and doesn't usually knock. Which I don't mind about, I just have to be more aware and not run around in undies

DH is pretty good with grocery shopping, except he always gets hash browns and chips, and a packet of fruit jubes. Which we can't afford. But other than that he's pretty controlled But last time he went grocery shopping was months ago. I usually ditch him with the kids at some stage and do the shopping, it's a nice break

X-rays went okay I guess, the hospital gowns are horrible as usual! I hate standing/lying there with my back/bum/legs showing to the world, lol. The x-rays have been marked Urgent, so hopefully the results are back with my Dr for my appointment on Monday.

Ollie got up on all fours today and managed to do a few little crawls, proper ones! He looked so impressed with himself. He's been commando crawling for a week or so, gosh he's going to be zooming along once he gets the hang of proper crawling.
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 7:50pm
OMG he only arrived the other day, he can't possibly be on the move yet . Glad the x-rays were ok and they are looking at them soon. FX for some helpful info soon.

No way am I wondering around in undies - our house backs onto a sports field and all the local primary schools use it for athletics at random times during the day. You never know when there will be 50 eight year olds standing over the fence

Well we had a good day - two sets of dry undies ALL DAY and they both ate their chicken enchiladas - last time Sophie didn't have one bite!

Anyway, must go and fold the huge pile of washing so we have some clothes to take away with us tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well.

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 8:18pm
Haha JC, I'm sure the sight of you in your undies would be rather a good story for 50 eight year olds to go home and tell their parents

YAAAAAAAY for the dry undies, that's awesome! Go Soph and Amy!! Good job Mummy

Where are you going tomorrow JC?
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 9:04pm
up to the beach for the long weekend with DHs family - just where I want to go with a child in a cast . My MIL likes to have an annual family weekend away with both her boys and their families so there is 10 of us going. It is good fun, just rotten timing (I am hoping for rain )

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 10:00pm
Oh wait, you already said that, didn't you? Sorry, I'm not a thinker atm! Gosh, trying to keep sand out of a cast will be a mission.

Is it a long weekend this weekend?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 935936937938939 1037>