FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 936937938939940 1037>
Author
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 10:43pm
Jaycee, when Mac was in cast they said just to take him back in and they would redo it if it got too mucky etc at DC. Did they offer you that as you could take her in on Monday and get a new sand free one.

Sponsored Links

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 6:33am
Aww Yay for both girls being dry yesterday JC Hope you have a good trip. Looks like everyones supposed to have rain all weekend so you might be in luck

LB, with the x-rays marked urgent I wonder if you might even get some results back today. Fancy little Ollie crawling already ... that time has gone so quick!

LOL at the shopping list TA, when DP and I first started living together, all he knew how to cook was steak, eggs and chips. And the other day he did some shopping and came home with Whittakers White Chocolate with Macadamias.

Have to do our shopping this morning, we have nothing in the house. We've got our cg combined birthday tomorrow aftrernoon and I got allocated "nibbles" for the bbq. I'm not quite sure what that entails though, I was thinking of sausage rolls, potato chips, that sort of thing.

Edited by Freesia
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Freesia Freesia wrote:

I got allocated "nibbles" for the bbq. I'm not quite sure what that entails though, I was thinking of sausage rolls, potato chips, that sort of thing.

You could take everything thats left over from our's

LB - its a long weekend in Wellington as Wellington Anniversary Day is on Monday.

Morning ladies .. well cookies are done, got the caterpillars iced and half the butterflies, so tonight its onto cupcakes then doing Isabelle's cake.

However,

Today I'm having my hair done! Woohoo! So ive come into work to check the bank accounts then will jump on a bus to Newmarket about 9ish (tis about 5 mins away) and leave the car here so I dont have to worry about parking.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 7:58am

Morning!!

Freesia I would think along those lines too for nibbles.  Z has an obsession with sausage rolls at the moment, he would eat them for all 3 meals a day if I let him lol!  Have fun at the combined party!

Crossing fingers for rain for you Julia! Otherwise have a great weekend!!

Arent the hospital gowns glam Jane! Hope you get results back fast!  I got my appt yesterday, it is on the 4th Feb (isnt that Chloes bday??).  Little bit nervous and it isnt the most pleasant experience but Im sure it will be fine.  Let us know as soon as you hear anything ok!

Nothing too exciting planned for today, cant believe there is only ONE more week of school hols left! Have been busy organising next term, I am going to be a bit of a taxi driver! Mon morning Drew at Porse, Leo at morning kindy (Mummys free morning!) and same again Tuesday.  Weds Leo is going to change days and go to his carer in the morning and I am going to take Drew to Kindy Gym which is a kiddies gym class, he will LOVE it!  thurs leo at morning kindy and d and I will go get groceries,  Friday there is a playgroup in the afternoon.  I also need to fit Zs swimming lessons in there somewhere. 

I love that Drew is a little boy now and seeing him play and interact with his brothers, he is such a joy I do miss my little baby though! No chance whatsover of DH coming around to another one though, he turned 40 last year and thinks he is getting a bit old for more lol!  I'll be 35 the year D goes to school so I guess the skies the limit, I need to start thinking about what I want to be when I grow up!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 8:01am

ooh have fun getting your hair done Julia!! a bit of pampering sounds lovely.  Cant wait to see Issys cake and the cupcakes sound gorgeous!

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 8:55am
LOL at "when you grow up" Char

Yay Julia, hope you feel pampered after your haircut! Before and after photos please

Haha Freesia, when DH and I got together it was me that didn't have a clue how to cook, and he was a chef! I think I lucked out there

The kidlets are being little angels this morning - thank goodness, because Ollie had me up just about every hour with teething pains. Poor chappy. I woke DH up around 5.30 and asked him to go get Ollie some more pamol, and when Ollie started crying again at about 6ish, DH was like "it's your turn"... little did he know I had been up about 12 times in the night! Bah, men. Lol.

Chloe keeps saying "sorry" to everything.
Bangs into something - "sorry Chloe."
Spills milk on herself - "sorry Chloe."
Trips over something - "sorry Chloe."
Drops Daddy's watch - "oh sorry."
Drops her vitamin - "oh sorry."
And all in a genuinely concerned voice
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 9:49am
thankyou so much for whoever was secret baby ...he loves it!:)

hope mine has got there by now too!!
Mum to two amazing boys!
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:15am
Char, what's that saying "you're only as old as the woman you feel" Bit of a bummer that DH doesn't want anymore kids because you're such a great mum, but you have 3 wonderful boys to watch grow up already so you've done well.

I've splurged and used all our visa money on booking Livvy into a gym type class for this semester too. We've had no activities on for ages so I'm sure she's going to love getting out and about and I'll be 35 weeks when it finishes so it's my last chance to do something like that specifically with her.

Enjoy the haircut LF. You deserve a bit of a pamper after all the working out and party preparation you've been doing. And that's the good thing about parties, you can live off the leftovers for a few days afterwards usually

I hope the kids stay good for you today LB and that Ollie sleeps a bit better tonight. That's so cute Chloe saying sorry for everything. Livvy has said it probably 3 times and 2 of those times we were sitting there with her for about 10 mins trying to get her to say it. She's like her mum and HATES to say sorry

It's really windy here and making things nice and cool ... thank goodness.

Oh Char, I forgot to tell you that I got the book yesterday thanks so I'll get stuck into it and get it back to you ASAP. Thank you so much
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:18am
Cute LB! Jack apologises a lot too, except atm its because he's actually done something naughty, like banging Ava over the head with his toy hammer (although he did it to himself this morning haha)

JC - you are evil! Pretty sure you'll prob get rain. Well done to the girls for a dry day

Julia - lucky getting your hair done. I really need mine done. Mum has just bought me some stuff to try and help regenerate it as its started falling out a bit too much again (did it when I was a teenager too).

Well we have had a TT breakthrough! Mr doesn't like doing anything on the toilet, but he went the other day (after nearly half a jar of jellybeans!) and today I told him as I was going to check on Ava if he needed to wee to go on the potty. Lo and behold I came back into the lounge and he's getting up off the potty and pointing to his wee, then clapping Fingers crossed he just keeps improving from there.
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:28am
yay for Jackson using the potty on his own, that is great.

Emz - about a year after I had Sophie my hair was a real mess - so much fell out starting when she was about 4 months and the regrowth was terrible. I hadn't had it cut for about 10 months and it was way too long so just after Easter (once mum & dad were in Welly) I chose a new hairdresser from the phone book and took the plunge. She just off about 10 inches and totally re-shaped it. She also put a colour in it - that was a great idea as it conditioned the hair and gave the wispy re-growth some body.

That reminds me - I am about 3 months overdue for a cut and it is getting too long for summer. *must book in for next week*

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:35am
Unfortunately our budget stretches as far as an internet connection so I could teach myself how to cut and layer my hair myself (And don't do a bad job either, just haven't done it since before Ava was born). Maybe once I'm working more I can afford Just Cuts
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:43am
does the budget stretch to a supermarket hair die? I have always used them to die my hair a darker/richer chocolate brown and found that they made the condition of my hair so much better as it tends to be a bit dry if I don't get it cut regularly (which I never seem to manage to do!!).

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 11:14am

YAY for the toilet breakthrough Emz!!  Go Jack!  Luckily I have a friend who is a hairdresser and she does mates rates cause man is it expensive to go to a salon!  Last time I went to a "proper" salon before I had Drew it was over $200! Shocker!

You are welcome Freesia! Honeslty take your time, no hurry for it back. 

LOL at Chloe Jane that is precious! Funny girl! Gah at the teething night, you must be knackered today!  Hope those teeth pop through for Ollie soon so you can all get some sleep

Julia hows the TT going last few days? 

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 1:28pm
Wow that's so clever emz. I'm far too chicken to have a go myself so I just wear it in a pony tail all the time. Very boring.

Go Jack! That's so clever.

Looking forward to tomorrow Julia. Man I can't wait to see you guys IRL

We had a shocker day here yesterday. Been following the Plunket Lac Consultant's advice and dropping the morning bottle but it's not working at all. So I've decided the bottle stays until the shields are gone. Doing both at once is doing my head in.

She had a horrid day yesterday. 2 hourly feeds from 2pm and pulling off and screaming at me. The LC had said if she got bad then to give her a bottle top up. Unfortunately she wouldn't take that either. Finally got her down at about 10:30pm only to have her wake at 2am for a feed rather than 4am and then wake at 4am to grizzle. So I slept in 2 hour bursts.

So this morning started off the same. She didn't have a good feed so I said to DH to give her a top up immediately but she's still really unsettled (not as bad as yesterday yet) so that's it as far as I'm concerned.

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 1:30pm
Yay for Jack's breakthrough, emz That's awesome! Hopefully now he has got the idea.

My hair has just grown long enough to get messy again (about an inch). It goes all funny when I sleep on it. It's going to be an awful growing out phase.

Meeting up with my friend, H, this afternoon. If it stops raining and being miserable we will go and visit the ducks and park at the Botanic Gardens... otherwise I think we will just go grab a coffee at the museum cafe, there is a little glass room with toys in where we can plonk the kids while we catch up It's so nice that she's feeling well enough for us to do stuff like this, finally.

Feeling quite drained today, but that's to be expected after a crappy night I guess, let alone the whole random fever thing.

I miss the sun
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 1:31pm
Hugs Bobbie Sounds stressful! You have done so well to BF her this far.
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 1:44pm
Yay Janey that sounds so nice I'm so so glad your friend is getting better. Make sure you take it easy though.

ETA: Rowan says "I don't mind" for everything. She falls over "I don't mind". She sees a mess - "oh no! messy! I don't mind" etc. etc.

ETA again: I just found the buddy list function after how many years? How lame am I? lol!

Edited by Bobbie

Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 2:12pm

It must have been a night for little sleep....  Silly me went to bed at 12.00, and Ashlee woke at 4.30  I gave her a bottle but she just wasn't happy.  She had also wee'd through so trying to change the cot with her screaming and Daniel asleep was not happening.  She went back to sleep at 9.00 this morning.  I'll be in bed early tonight!

In the limited sleep I did have I had the most vivid dream, I was pregnant and in labor but for some reason we were at the shopping centre, i went to go to the toilet and ended up delivering...  I can still picture it all.  And the baby was just beautiful. 

Gosh I haven't had a haircut since March last year.  I just cover with supermarket colours...  One day I will find the time.

Bobbie, so is Morgan not happy with boob or bottle?  It must betough, doesn't everyone always say give it time.... How old was Rowan when it all sorted itself? 

Janey, your outting sounds like fun.  Tis great that your GF is able to join you in mummy outtings now.

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 2:16pm
Don't you hate that Verena? And yet if you have an early night they'll sleep right through.

ooh you're getting clucky again methinks

That's the frustrating thing. First we were told it would come right by 6 weeks, then by 2 months, now by 3 months (which is only a few weeks away).

Rowan was really fine from the get go. She needed shields but she did fine otherwise and weaned off them no probs at 3 months.

Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 2:16pm

I sent my secret baby present off earlier this week, but it won't be too much of a secret because of the declaration I had to fill out :) and the fact that it is coming from Australia.  If I was clever I should have sent it to one of the other mummies and got them to send it on...  Next time.

Right my little ferals are at the cherry tomoatoes again.  Picking all the green ones off.  Monsters!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 936937938939940 1037>