FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 938939940941942 1037>
Author
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 8:48pm
Charly looks like Hannie had a great party!! Love the cake too.

LB please please take it easy!!!! I always feel rotten when I have a temperature and can never actually do anything, do rest up when you can. Is it tomorrow you have the appointment and get your results back?

Happy birthday Issy!!!!!! Glad she had a great party too. Yeah it never got really fine here - it stopped raining but was still grey (and the ground was wet), but the kids didn't care and still had a ball playing in the dirt and water.

LB what does 'gennel' mean?

Harry's finally really getting into the 2 word sentences which is cool, most of what he says are 2 words now. So funny this morning, he was telling me something in gobledee gook about daddy, so I asked "What did daddy do?" and he said "did farties!!!!" and cracked up laughing lol. He's so loving having him back.
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by arohanui arohanui wrote:

LB what does 'gennel' mean?

I *think* she was telling him to be gentle
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:09pm
Ohhhhhh yes of course! I was trying to figure it out, should have said it out loud then I would have got it..
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:14pm
Wow full on at the Pickle's and Fatty's places!

LB good luck for your appt.

Sorry can't remember much else, will catch up properly tomorrow night but must pack bags for Dc and work tomorrow.
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:18pm
Gentle would be my guess, too.
SO cute!

And LOL at Harry and his "did farties"
Poor DH, can't get away with anything now
Are you doing anything special for DH's birthday on Tuesday?

And I agree, take it easy, young lady! Mind you, pottering about outside on a nice day is pretty relaxing. Just make sure you get time for yourself

I have my MW tomorrow at 1. I'm looking forward to it. Not the palpation, that's just uncomfy, but I'm looking forward to the doppler coming out

Bed time for me!
I hope you've all had nice weekends!
I've posted more than most of you, after saying I wouldn't be onlline for a few days

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:30pm
Happy Birthday Issy

Sounds like the parties have been good all round. Roll on next weekend for the next set

Liz, we get 'Daddy fart' here too. It's so cute.
Speaking of cute they took over an hour to settle tonight. Thankfully it just meant they recapped their day to each other, lovely to listen to through the door. Then they fell asleep on the floor next to each other
I know it's said at every stage but I do love this stage
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:37pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISSY!!!!

I love Eimear and Aoife!!

Tehe, farties, Maddi just calls it 'noise!"

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:48pm
Oh Tishy that is just so gorgeous!!

DH's bday - We're short on cash so I'm just cooking him dinner at home and then we're using a voucher we got for Christmas to go play mini golf. Should be fun! What about for Hannie on Tues, any special plans? I told DH he can meet his birthday buddy on Sunday

When Harry farts he does this funny pursed lips face and goes "ooo, farties!" and puts his hand over his mouth lol.... thanks to DH for that one And burps get "oooo, bup!". The other day DH farted and said "mummy, you farted!" and Harry goes, "Nooooo, Daddy farties!!" lol it was awesome.
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:51pm
Aww cute! How cool it must be to be a twin

When you have a baby you can get away with farties. Well if you have a baby like mine at any rate. Her's can match an adult's ones any day.

We got the vege garden today so now I'm planning what to plant in it. So exciting (I'm sure that will wane later) but I can't wait to get going with it.

Off to look at FB photos.

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:01pm
Oh how exciting about your vege garden Bobbie. Lol @ Morgan's farties, awesome!

I've been feeling a bit guilty lately about the c-section. I know it's best for me, but I'm worried it's not best for baby. I know I have a body that actually births quite well - apart from the tearing thing. I would happily go through the surgery and recovery again like I did with Harry, but I can't face the risk fecal incontinence for life, that would be so awful. When I was at the mw the other day she said it was such a shame I'm going for c-section as baby is so low and ready for a VB. I know she wasn't trying to make me feel bad but I'm feeling like I'm making a selfish decision.
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:07pm
That wasn't very tactful of your MW given that you don't have a choice.

It is hard to think of it this way but you know that it definitely wouldn't be best for baby if something bad happened to you.
I think it's really good to recognise you feel this but also don't forget it would be selfish to risk your baby and Harry not having a mum - what if you bled out?

Hmm I'm probably not being very tactful or helpful either. Sorry I don't quite know how to put it.

But I do understand the feelings of guilt. Lord knows I've had them with this baby although I'm happy with my birth.

Edited by Bobbie

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:13pm
I technically do have a choice - I could go for a VB if I wanted to. There's just a risk of about 1 in 4 that whether I tear again or not, I could be left incontinent. There's ladies who go for another VB who are absolutely fine and don't any issues, but yeah I would not be a good mum if I was one of the 1 in 4 and was left crapping myself.

I totally know what you're saying Bobbie. Thanks.
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:24pm
Oh I didn't realise you could still do a VB. I thought they were pretty much making you do a C. Still 25% is a pretty high risk.

I'm probably not the best person to even say anything about it given I never had a VB but trust me I'm not bias toward C-sects.

When I had to decide whether to try flipping Rowan prior to birthing her I was really undecided about what to do but I found talking to an OB, my MW and people who had been in that situation enabled me to make what I felt was a very informed decision and I think that helped me not to feel guilty as I then felt I had done everything I could to reach the decision I did. I felt really empowered in the end.

Could you talk to some people about the risks/ benefits and then weigh it up from there?

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:32pm
The OB strongly recommends I have a c-section, but if I wanted to have a VB it would be my choice.   I don't think the mw actually realises how things were when Harry was born (it was a different mw who delivered him).

I guess I'm having inner conflict cos I like the whole natural thing IYKWIM. I just know it would be so awful if I was left fecally incontintent and I'm not prepared to take that risk.

Edited by arohanui
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:35pm
A friend of mine tore really badly with her first child (3rd degree) and less so with her second (2nd degree) and now she's having a home birth for her third which I think a lot of medical professionals would be upset about but her MW is supporting her with her decision.

She probably wasn't quite as torn up as you - I don't know what the ratings are - but if you wanted to speak with her about it I know she'd be happy to.

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:47pm
Thanks heaps. As much as I desire to have a natural birth though I just could not handle the possible consequences. I know a c-section is what I wanna have and I know it's the best thing I just need to get over feeling so damn guilty!!!!
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 7:04am
Hugs Liz. I had an emergency c-sect and I still feel guilty about it so I think regardless, you'll probably feel a bit guilty to some extent. It'll get easier once bub is actually here.

I'm just picturing how freaked out and stressed you'd be feeling about the labour and birth if you were going to try for another natural birth and that could probably be worse for both you and baby than anything.

I don't think I'd want to be risking fetal incontinence at that high a possibility either. You wouldn't be much fun for you kids if that happened.
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 8:22am
*hugs* Liz.
I can't speak from experience, but I agree with Freesia. I think you'll feel a degree of guilt no matter what you decide (that's what Mummies do best! ) but at the end of the day (and FWIW I think you're making the right choice) you have to do what's best for you and your family

Tishy, that's such a gorgeous mental image
Not long until you head off overseas, isn't it?

Bobbie, YAY for the vege garden. You'll have to let us know what you plant.

LOL at all the fart stories. Hannah doesn't have a word for them (or burps). But she says "Oh, pardies!" if she burps/farts. If it's us, or the dog, she says "Mummy!/Daddy!/Phoebe! gross!"

Hmm...I think I need new tickers. My pregnancy one isn't ticking over each day.

Edited by MamaPickle

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 8:33am
Livvy thinks they're funny but still calls them poos.

I'm having some Monday morning blues. I slept alright but still feel really tired and blah. Think it might just be a come-down from the busy weekend.

We went looking for a bed for Livvy after swimming yesterday just to price it up and we're looking at about $800 for a trundler one. My thoughts are that the second child can use the trundler bed as it's bed when the time comes We're not going to be able to save that up for a while though so will probably have to HP it. But I really think Livvy will sleep better once she has a bed. She only has an inch or 2 at her head and feet when she's laying down flat in the cot.

eta, Charly, my lilypie pregnancy ticker was always a day behind also even though Livvy's one was always right. I got sick of it and that's why I ended up with the BabyGaga one, at least it's right each day.

Edited by Freesia
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 8:39am
I second the trundler
Our trundler pull-out has a basic mattress on it, so you can feel the springs. I think it's really only designed for a one-off night sleep. So if we want to use it for #2 we'll have to purchase a proper mattress.

If DH gets his own way #2 will end up with a trundler bed of it's own for sleep-overs and things.
I guess that's a cost we don't have to worry about for a while - but definitely more expensive than a proper inner-sprung mattress

I hope your day picks up Freesia

Edited by MamaPickle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 938939940941942 1037>