FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in Dec

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252253254255256 443>
Author
sunshine08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 1:54pm
Regarding birth plans....is that something we work on with our midwives of do we do these ourselves? Im a little worried that Im now nearly 34 weeks and dont have one!

Due to financial reasons I am having to come straight back to work after my paid parental leave (baby will only be 3 months old). Is anyone else is the same situation and what are you thinking of in terms of care for baby?
Sponsored Links

RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 2:46pm
Sunshine, I'm not going over a birthplan with mw until I'm 36 weeks and I having an hour long meeting with her at home.

I'm having approx 6 months off work and coming back to work in June (unless we win lotto or DH gets a promotion). I've already enrolled bubs into a daycare close to my work. I figure it can always been cancelled if need be. It's a awful feeling though, especially as I always wanted to stay at home with my babies until they were older.

mrshouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 3:12pm

Hi everyone......

havent been on since last week! who ever thoughti could last that long?

it was great meeting you roksana and drama!

sorry i only skimmed through the last couple pages-

sorry dagster to hear all your house problems

drama glad bubs is a good size- and boy you look great! bubs is hiding in there!

motherof6 my birthplan is just like yours in that i dont really have one- I told MW id like to just see how it goes....and walk walk walk.....then gas....then push.....but am open for whatever-lol-except CS! lol

sunshine im not going to start work til baby is about 6- 8 months......il think about childcare next year-lol

debsb i know what you mean about having hormonal days...sucks!

How you doing motherof7? roksana?

Ane and I have been staying at my parents place......just another stupid DH thing that is making me think id rather do without his male stupidity and stress! either its that or im just being really hormonal!-lol- hes begged us to come home but im fine here for now

yeay its nearly the end of the week!

[/url]
sunshine08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 3:19pm
I so know what you mean DebsB, I feel so guilty having to send him off to a child care centre at only 3 months. I may see how things go and see if we hang out until he is at least 6 months.

I wasnt going to start thinking about day care yet either - however Ive phoned only a few places and their wating lists are huge!
dramateyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dramateyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 3:49pm
Thanks Mrshouse - was awesome meeting you too.
Sorry to hear your hubby is being silly - hope you sort things out soon!

I dont plan to dream up some ideal of how my labour will go. I just want to be informed and make some decisions before hand e.g. I dont want gas/pethidine but I want an epidural, I do want baby to have the vitamin K shot etc. Obviouslt if I need to change plans e.g. an unexpected c-section then I will just have to go with the flow.

I think mine will be done at 36 weeks too - My Obs said to book a longer appointmnent for that one so guess he wants to hear what I have in mind. Im also not opting for a c-section.

Dagster if youre looking at monitors around that price range you might like to consider the respisense. Its a breathing monitor that your baby wears rather than the matress so it doesnt go off when you lift baby out of the cot and forget to turn it off, it monitors babys breathing regardless of where they are and has far less false alarms than the other breathing monitors. However you dont have the luxury of hearing if your baby wakes but as you said he will be with you most of the time anyway. Im getting one because even though baby is sleeping in my room if he does stop breathing I could sleep through it and not know.
If youre interested here is the website
http://www.respisense.com.au/Default.asp
and theres a thread on the forum about them too.

Well Im off to have my growth scan and 4d scan now - cant wait!

Edited by dramateyz
BeLoved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeLoved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 4:28pm
Hi Everyone

It has been quiet in here thats for sure.

I am not going with a birth plan either, I have written down things like, I want to keep the placenta and will get the vit K shot for baby. Open minded about epi etc. and CS if its needed and now that I will possibly be induced early due to the GD I am even more open minded, I had been keen on a water birth, but since they will most likely be monitoring me & baby, and I dont know if Akl Hosp does water births I am already going with the flow in regards to things not going as expected! I have been talking to baby and telling her to come approx 2 weeks early on her own so we dont have to be induced, fingers crossed! LOL

I had been looking into monitors but all the good ones are so expensive and I liked the look of the respisense one best but then would need a sound monitor as well in case I was outside while baby was sleeping as our property is quite large I would not be able to hear the crying or even the alarm going off. I am so undecided???

One thing I am going to get is a good front pack, as I go out to the beach near home alot and its not the place for a pram (its the west coast and very rugged) I have been looking at the baby bjorn ones but they are all over $150, but they do look really good and get the best reviews. Anyone used a good one???

Had the funeral yesterday it was very sad but a really nice service, just so hard to see our friend saying goodbye to his girlfriend they had been together 7 years and she was only 24.

I am finding the GD meal plan quite difficult and feel like I am always hungry, which cannot be good when your pregnant, its more strict than being on a diet to lose weight. The MW calls me tomorrow to check in and get my latest results, so I will tell her then and hopefully I can eat more.
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 4:46pm
Re daycare - I will be finallising that next week, I am going with Kids Inn, I dont have time to search anymore for anywhere else.

Arianne will be going to daycare at 7 months, still will be heartbreaking but will need to go back to work.

Drama - Thanks for the link to the baby monitor. Hope your scan goes well. I hope I have another scan later. .

Aimstar1 - So sorry about your friend passing, I am glad it was a good service.
dramateyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dramateyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 6:36pm
Hi again,
Aimstar I think youre right - I might try to buy a second hand sound monitor from trademe or borrow one from my sis otherwise i may buy a new one - i dont think theyre much. That way I can accurately monitor the breathing and hear baby if not right next to him.

Well I had my growth scan and 4d scan and baby is growing fine. Slightly small abdomen but nothing to worry about and long legs apparently. (I was praying he wouldnt get cursed with my height!!!)
But he wouldnt behave and wouldnt remove his hands from his face so we didnt get any got pictures at all, so they didnt charge us for it - we only paid for the growth scan not the 4d. Was really good of them!

Im off to get dinner started bbl
solitairediamond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solitairediamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 6:42pm
Hi everyone! Its been a long day of studying today! But I feel so satisfied with the amount I have done!

Sunshine- I went to midwife today and thought that we might be talking about birth plans but she said we will next visit- just over 36 weeks. My little girl is also going into an early learning centre at 3 months- when I go back to uni. Well hopefully- cos at the moment she is 44th on the waiting list ! The centre is on campus so its nice and close. She won't be going every day of the week tho- some days she will go to work with her Dad and she will also stay with great grandma and also I will have some time when I'm not at uni.

Apparently my lil girl is measuring BIG! Well very long at least lol. Hmm I hope she's not a giganta-baby. lol.

Hmm I've been wondering what kind of monitor to get too- might look in to that respisense...

I hope I have a better sleep tonight- she was making me SOOOOOOOOOOO uncomfortable!!!

I wonder how many of our babies are gonna come early...
[IMG]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/9p2jp12.png [IMG]
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 6:55pm
hi guys just popping on here quickly had a full on week and man i'm tired, suppose its only gona get worse when bubs is here so i should just get use to it lol

hope everyone is ok sending *hugs* to those of you who need them and 'hi's' to everyone else

mamazozo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamazozo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 11:32pm
Hey im with noodle, im also just popping in to let you all know im still alive lol ive had such a busy week im so glad im finally home and getting to relax!!

Nothing exciting happening though, lily is great shes been a very active little thing the past few days, my ribs and organs have had quite a hammering! Off to have a scan 2moro so will be good to see how shes doing in there and how big she is, and also to make sure she really is a she lol.

Anyways hello to everyone! Sorry no personals will catch up another time

Motherof7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motherof7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 7:55am
Morning Ladies

Well already had my crack up for the day lol

Miss 4s Birthday today and all the kids came down stairs and gave her a cuddle and wished her a Happy Birthday....She told all of them to Shut Up...Ahhh typical female doesn't want to be reminded that she's a year older pmsl

Shayd, Sheneen, Shaymin, Shaydin, Shevannah, Sheleeah & Simeon
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 9:22am
Morning ladies,

Wow really quite here, everyone must be very busy sorting baby stuff .

Motherof6 - Happy birthday for miss 4.

Not much happening here, Farmers have got 50% some underwear so now may be a good time to stock up if anyone needs to.
Kiwibubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwibubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 9:42am
Yay off to the beach this afternoon for a long weekend- cannot come soon enough!

Hope everyone is well!

TTC #1 2005-2009 (PCOS)
Clomid x 4
IVF #1-BFP!
EDD- New Years Eve 2008!!
DD born 11 January 2009.
TTC #2 FET (3 embryos)

BeckyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeckyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 10:34am
I hope everyone has a great long weekend, I have baby shower tomorrow YAY!! looking forward to it, so i'm off home this afternoon to make cupcakes.. .oh and have a nap ofcourse hehe

RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 10:52am
Morning everyone

Happy birthday for Miss4, Motherof6. I hope she has a good day.

I hope everyone has good plans for the long weekend and are feeling good!

Good luck with your BS Becky and your cupcakes turn out well

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 11:20am
Hi guys,

Havnt been on here for couple of days...as I have had Drama's with Bubba and me...well ME!!

On Tuesday I felt like my BP was high as I was feeling headachy and grumpy, went to pick DD from parents and asked mum for her BP machine. Took it home and checked and it was 158/105...CRAP I thought. Even after a shower and all that my BP was really high. Had a big spat with DH (like I knew I would)...Told him to FO....called MW and left a msg....then at 9.30pm called health line. They told me to go to the nearest Doc...I had 15 min. DD was asleep so I got dressed and told DH to look after DD and that I am going to DOC...and took off.

Docs looked at my BP it was 145/97...and there was protein in my Urine...not much but there was some. He told me to rest up and go to middlemore if I have any other problems. I txt MW to let her know on Wed...and she called back and said go to middlemore NOW!

So I pack DD and myself and go to middlemore. spend 5 hours on the monitor...had bloods and urine test done.....DD was soo good but really bored! I was hungry!! Any who the lef me go and told me to rest yesterday so I want at work...and my Comp is still crook...

I had another checkup with docs yesterday, BP is still highish but not bad enough to put me on meds. My Urine came back fine on Wed but again showed Protein yesterday....they will monitor me closely every week with a quick scan next Thursday.

Bub is ok tho...happily moving around...they actually kept me for 5 hours because the little miss wouldnt stay put and kept moving so the heartbeat monitor couldnt pick up a continuous reading...but they were happy that she has enough energy to move that much!

I am trying not to stress about it...because I might end up with pre-eclempsia (sp??) but until that happens I dont wanna panic!

Sorry for lack of personals!!

MrsHouse - MEN!! Thats all I have to say!

Dagster - Its ok hun...I am sure you will sort out the living issues. Just try and not stress I know its hard!!
Oh and nice bump!!

And then I cant remember who said what!! Sorry!

Have a great day all!!

BeLoved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeLoved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 11:33am
Just dropping in quickly. Roksana fingers crossed that you dont get PE and try and take it easy this long weekend, they say its going to rain so rest up and watch some DVD's

I have just heard that I will be starting meds tonight as they rang for my results this morning and diet is not controlling it so I start an oral med tonight, have read up all about it and they have supplied me with lots of info so feel good about it and know its the best thing for baby, just hoping I dont get any of the side affects.

Have a great day everyone.
mrshouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 12:01pm

roksana! hope you do rest up this weekend and mustv been scary!.....

aimstar that sounds scary as well but i guess with lots of information youre well prepared

becky good luck for BS 2mrw- hope you get lots of great stuff-mind you all baby stuff is sooooo cuuuuttte!

happy birthday motherof6's miss 4!

was going to camp out at the beach this weekend but unlikely with the rain-so mayb retail therapy and movies will do- still at parents house and not really in a rush to go back to DH......

hope everyone has a good weekend!

[/url]
mrshouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 12:04pm
oh and my ohbaby weekly update reminded me im 34 weeks! and this is my last week to travel by air- darn!! pmsl

[/url]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252253254255256 443>