FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in Dec

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 259260261262263 443>
Author
xox6Girls1Boyxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 1:58pm

Hi Aimee, glad you've got things under control now with your GD....

I just won a Avent Isis breast pump of Trade Me for $5 LOL, I dont think the owner will be to happy but oh well. I didnt want to buy brand new yet just in case I cant express sufficiently enuf.  I had one of those angled tommi tippie ones and that got nothing but drops out of me so hopefully this one will do some wonders.  Im soooo not looking forward to the first few weeks of Breastfeeding so I hope this pump helps....

Sponsored Links

mrshouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 3:09pm

Hi everyone!

Thanks Motherof7, motherof6, Beckyb,Debsb,Nictoddie,Roksana, phatcat & Supazo (hope ive remembered you all) for the birthday wishes!!!!!

ive had an ok day.......had to come home as Ane has been coughing and has a runny nose.i dont know why i thought i would be ok taking her out this morning to shop for an outfit....it was too much of a workout! my sisters took me to lunch at this thai restaurant and im waiting for DH to take me to dinner.....

sorry for lack of personals.......motherof6 woohoo plug!

Aimstar thats great youre doing well with GD and supazo thinking of you and lilly-hope shes fine and its just big genes!

im excited for everyone whos counting down to the end of work- i dont know how you guys do it!

have a great day everyone- i cant believe its my birthday!!!! yeay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said to DH at midnight "wouldnt it be great to start my bday off with a nice glass of bourbon?!"- so he got me a glass of water instead!........

[/url]
BeLoved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeLoved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 3:11pm
Happy Birthday Mrs House!

Thats so funny about the glass of water! Not quite a bourbon huh?!!?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 3:58pm

Lol, Mrshouse, A bourbi would definately go down nicely right about now. My B'Day is the day before my sons EDD so if Im unable to drink for my B'Day I'll have to wait for either Xmas or New Years, even then I wont be able to drink much if my breastfeeding is going well.

Glad you had a lovely day ohhh and thai food yuuuummmm, Do you know where your going tonight for dinner or is it a surprise? Hope Ane's coughing and runny nose start to clear up...

BeLoved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeLoved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 4:06pm
I am excited, we have finally come up with a name for our baby, I can't say what it is as we have promised to keep it a secret between us and I dont know who I might know on here that would know it was me etc. etc. but I have been trying to come up with a second name and I have finally decided on the name I first chose. So I am excited now that baby has a name, just hoping it is a girl as if we have a boy I have no idea what the name would be.
RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 4:24pm
I'm glad you've had a good Birthday Mrshouse and I hope Ane gets better soon.

Aimstar1, YAY on choosing a name. It's a great feeling once it's been done We've got a boys name, but if they've mucked up the sex, and we end up with a girl, I'm not too sure what name we'll use. Our name is a secret too, that's why he's called Fernando at the moment, lol!

Zoe, I hope you don't stress too much over the weekend and everything is okay with Lily. I'm sure everything will be fine

Well, it's home time for me and only 1 day left of the week. Gotta love the short weeks

Edited by DebsB

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 5:05pm
Hi All,

Just back from my appt...man it took sooo long for them to do the scan as this little madame wouldnt sit still...she kept moving and twisting...he he ha ha

She is growing well they said, she is 5lb 7 at the mo...so 2.66KG (Already!!! ). Had a quick look at her chubby face....soooooo cute!!!!! From the scan she looks like Zaara....lol. And sonographers were quite impressed that she was doing loads of breathing movements....for a long period of time!! YAY...My clever little girl! Oh and I made them check to make sure she is a GIRL....he he ha ha...and she is!!

My BP was also real good 140/78...and no protein in my urine....so all good! Next visit is in two weeks where we go over B/Plan.

I asked MW re the RTL and EPO...and she said ah if you want to take it but I just dont see he point as they dont do any thing!! We will do a stretch and sweep closer to time and you will be ready to go....Hmmmm....

MrsHouse - he he ha ha re water...atleast he got up and got you some!! LOL
Yuuuummmmy about the Thai food....I love thai...and malaysian...and...oh GOD I am such a pig!!

Glad you had a nice birthday!! hope it gets even better!

Any who better go do some work and then off home!! I have the day off tomorrow...YAY Short short week for me!!

dramateyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dramateyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 5:23pm
aaargh just posted a reply and the website crashed on me!
Havent got email notification of posts all day for some reason so feeling rather grumpy!
Will keep this short...
Mrshouse hope you had a great bday!
Zoe try not to worry over the weekend!!
Aimstar congrats on choosing a name
School is organising a baby shower for me next Friday and asked what big items we need as people who want to go in on a gift have been asking. could suggest anything cos we bought the cot, carseat, bath, pram and change table - any ideas? i said toys, bibs and cloth nappies cos we havent got any so they thought maybe a large play gym.
Im sure Ill think of some luxury item
dramateyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dramateyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 5:33pm
Oh and great news Roksana about the scan

stretch and sweep?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 5:46pm

Roksana thats great news, & thats very impressive bubba is doin the breathing movements well done. nice size also.

S&S's are pretty good, Usually works within 48 hours if your bishops score is good....And they are the closest thing to natural labour rather than having an ARM or other interventions. I really hope you get to have your VBAC....

I think im gonna have to have s&s's done closer to my time...I just hope MW will do them.

dramateyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dramateyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 6:03pm
S&S?
bishops score?
ARM?
VBAC???

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 6:19pm
Stretch and Sweep - is when MW puts her hands up you know and stretches and sweeps the area to make it think that it should start labour. My MW did it with Z and I started my Contractions after 24HR.

Bishop Score - Hmmm....cant remember?? LOL

ARM - Same??

VBAC - is Verg birth after CS.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 6:21pm
Oh and Drama re gifts

Baby Monitor
Baby Gym
Boucinette (I love mine)
A rocker/swing thingie
Electronic Temp measure thingie

These are all usefull and expensive!! he he ha ha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 6:24pm

S&S (stretch & sweep) is when MW gives you an internal and sweeps around to seperate the membranes from the cervix, its usually sufficient enough to kik of labour.

Bishops Score it's a score MW's & OB's use by doing an internal or a scan to see how much your cervix has effaced ( starting to ripen, soften and shorten) this  happens before labour starts. 1 sign that effacing maybe happening is the losing of the mucous plug coz thats when your starting to open up.

ARM ( Artificial Rupture of the Membranes) using a crochet like hook to break the waters...Usually accompanied with a S&S...

VBAC (Vaginal Birth after Csec)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 6:30pm

Motherof6, How are you feeling? Are you still in 1 piece? By the way great song, my DFP dont wear cowboy clothes but the song kinda describes him....

dramateyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dramateyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 6:36pm
thanks ladies!
phew lol!!!
Oh and had AN class last night and went through all these options like the ecbolic injection - didnt know anything about it so it was good to be informed. Dont really want to chance the cervix closing before placenta comes out but dont really want to chance haemroghing (sp??) either
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 7:50pm
Evening everyone,

Having a small break from study then get back into it. Was busy at work since we are a man down so didnt have time to post today.

Got a new haircut feels great, its shorter now with bangs lol. All new for my photoshoot.

Sorry no personals just wanted to pop on to say I am here lol.

Hope everyone is well and bubs are growing well.
kazgirl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 8:30pm
HI everyone!!

I haven't been on here for quite a while, been working hard and just getting quite exhausted but... only now have 2 weeks to go of work, YAY!!!! So then i can play lots on here!

Everyone sounds like things are going well and according to plan!

Our wee bub is growing well but causing me to have sore pain right up under my ribs, so sore can't even touch under ribs. Dunno what it is and whether i should be checking it but oh well.
Have still had bad reflux, on some pills for it that are just magical.
All clear for diabetes, which is surprising seeing i am a chocoholic! Have had bad swelling in my feet and ankles tho so just keeping an eye on my BP.

Am due to fly in 2 weeks back home to Dunedin to have Bubs so fingers crossed all is good to fly. Stupid AirNZ is charging me extra to take my capsule and pram because I tecnically have no baby travelling with me, even tho i said it is, in my TUMMY!!

How is Antenatal class going for everyone?? Why on earth do they put in on so late?? We get to have a bathing session with a 6 week old bub this weekend with our whole class, so cool!

Hope evryone is well and sorry for my big self centred speil!
Can anyone else believe how close things are getting???!!!
BeLoved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeLoved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 8:30pm
Roksana - thats great about your blood pressure etc. you must feel relieved. Hope you have a nice day off tomorrow.

Dagster - Yay for the new haircut, new haircuts always make you feel so good! Look forward to seeing your photos.

DebsB - we have called our baby "Billie" in the meantime

Well I am just passing the time until from here to maternity is on. Hope everyone gets a good nights sleep. I wonder if SonyaW from Oct08 thread has had her baby yet???
nictoddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nictoddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 9:47pm
Last post for me for a few days norm takes them a while to get my broadband connected, hope every one has a nice weekend, and I don't wanna see any birth announcements when I come back lol so keep it together mother of 6 hehe! All packed and truck arrives at 8am so will be a long day!
Spot ya all next week sometime
Yay for a good scan Roskana, and to all those finishing work soon to I have till the end of the month but only work part time hopefully I will last that long!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 259260261262263 443>