FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSaltana biscuits-dairy/egg free and yum!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saltana biscuits-dairy/egg free and yum!
    Posted: 12 August 2008 at 1:34pm
Melt together :
125gm Olivani /olive spread
1 TBS soy milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 TBS honey or golden syrup

Mix in:
1/2 cup sultanas
100gm sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2cups flour

Roll misture into small balls, press with a fork. Bake at 180 degrees for 10-15 mins.

Edited by Kellz
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 2:41pm
oo I should try that - looks like it would convert easily to gluten free as well!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 3:20pm
Yeah im sure it would be. I used honey, and used substitutes for the regluar sugar and baking soda and it was fine! They do come out pale looking with honey, would probably be a nicer colour with golden syrup! Yummo tho!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 3:22pm
Cheers, am gonna cook some right now

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 4:35pm
Yum, I have cooked and eaten a couple. I had no honey or syrup so I used a couple of teaspoons of apricot jam instead and they came out lovely. I used rice milk instead of soy as well.

Now to get Spencer to taste test one, as I was suppose to be baking them for him

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 5:16pm
Well Isla and I have each eaten 4 today, oppsy!! They are sooo nice!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 7:52pm
These went down well here, I just did a regular dairy and wheat version of them and haven't had the opportunity to try them out for me yet The honey smelt really nice in them tho.
erinalba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erinalba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2008 at 5:40pm
Just made a batch and they are sooooo yummy. And so quick and easy too which is essential when you have a demanding baby.
Sue
See my blog www.gojandal.com/wubboo

Post Reply Post Reply