FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYoung mums living in wgtn/kapiti coast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 12:35pm

Hey, yeah friends are good like that huh! My baby's not to far away from being born, so maybe we could meet up or whatever when my lil ones born? Are you with the daddy still? It would be awesome to set up a young mums group in wgtn or somewhere! though it doesn't matter how old people are i feel like with other young mums - mumsto be they can relate more to me.

Sponsored Links

Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 12:54pm
Yup they sure are awesome like that haha. Nope Im a single muma. But wouldnt have it any other way. How about you? Yea setting up a group like that would be quite cool.

You dont have long to go. You must be really excited and/or nervous. Do you know what you are having?
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 1:08pm
Oh yeah, im going to be a single muma 2! The dad likes to think he will help but i no him well enough that he wont. hes not taking this whole baby thing well at all.
Im having a boy, which im pleased about! haha girls are hard work. Yeah im really excited/nervous. At this stage it seems like its taking forever and i just want him out so i can meet him Do u live on your own with Riordon??
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 1:13pm
Haha i know just what you mean. I was told he would help too. Funny though that i havent heard from him since last year sometime huh hehe.

Oh how gorgeous. Have you got any names picked?

Just call him Rory for short hehe. Nope at the moment im living with my mum. Dont know how i would have coped sometimes with out her. But I want to get my own place sometime soon. Its just such a scary thought though haha

What about you?
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 2:17pm
Oh really? I don't know how men can be such pricks when it comes to their own kids! If i was a male, i would want to know my baby and watch it grow up. I only just managed to get him to pay $100 towards the cot this week. I think they must think that we want a fairy tale life, with the white picket fence and be housewives all our lifes and their not ready for that. But thats not true at all, just want them to be involved and care about their kid.

Uhh a few! its so hard picking a name haha but i like Jarvi and Lyon the best so far. Guess i'll have to wait and see what he looks life

Ok, Rory im living at home atm 2, but moving out to a cottage in about 3 weeks thats at the back of my parents house so there close when i need them. Thats only for a few months though, then be moving somewhere into my real own place. Thats lovely of your mum to let you live with her! It would be cool to live with another mum and her baby, then it wouldn't get so lonely and will be there for support and help. In otaki i don't think i'll find that though
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 2:40pm
I totally agree. When i look at my son i just dont understand how someone wouldnt want to be apart of his life aye.

Oh Jarvi and Lyon are cool names. Quite unique. I like unique names as you can probably tell by my sons name hehe. I waited until my son was born to see what he suited aswell.

Btw what is your name if you dont mind me asking? Mine is Aithne. The i is silent.

Thats cool you can stay out the back of your parents house. Just until you get the hang of things huh. Yea the idea of moving somewhere by myself with a little baby is so scary sometimes.

Haha yea i dont know about Otaki but Pram is a nice place
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 7:50pm
Yeah, thats one thing i will never understand in life - males.

Yeah i want a unique name, so hes not in a class at school with 5 other kids named the same thing. Yeah ur sons name is wicked! My name is Bergitte, pronounced ber-jet sorta

It is, so i have help when which im sure i will, need help! then my parents are furnishing a house for me in the mean time while i live out the back which is great of them, because you don't really want to be sorting that stuff out when you have a lil one!

haha yeah, i lived in wgtn before i got pregnant and then moved up here cause it was the best place for me to be, even though my parents drive me bloody crazy, trying to take over things and rule my life. I always have to remind them this is my baby, and im its mother, not you 2. But because i don't really know anybody in Otaki its pretty boring! and not really my scene
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 12:38pm
Yea thats what i was thinking too. Didnt want him having the same name as everyone else when he starts school.

Oh that is so nice of your parents. So you have your own place in Otaki? Just waiting for it to be furnished?

Haha yea parents are great like that huh. I dont know much about Otaki, I have only ever passed it on my way to Levin haha. But sometimes i meet up with my Nana at Pram beach with Rory so after you have had baby and feel more upto getting out we could meet up there?
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 1:18pm
Nah i don't have my own place up here, just going to rent one. maybe stay up here for around a year then move somewhere else not so remote.

Haha yeap, parents r great like that! i think they just think im young and don't have a clue what im doing, but i do ( i think )

That sounds good, in summer so its nice and warm! It gets really sunny up here, really nice. Im just worried how bubs is gonna cope with the sticky hot weather! So are you working or anything? i don't want to work untill he goes to kindy but i was quite keen on doing a paper or 2 with the open polytechnic or something so im not one of those stereotypes of teenage mums - just stay on the DPB all there life!
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 2:17pm
Haha i know what you mean.

Oh yea. I can hardly cope in hot sticky weather myself. (Last year i was pregnant over summer) But i think as long as i cover him in sunscreen then he can basically be naked. Atleast he can get away with being naked in hot weater in public haha.

I was studying at tech while i was pregnant so didnt have a job. But i have just signed up for a distance learning course it is due to start next week. I really dont want to be a stereotype either. My plan is to use my 5 years (or less) to study heaps and have part time work and gain lots of qualifications and then when Rory starts school im going to go into full time work.

What are you interested in studying? You might find something you like through the Southern Institute of Technology distance learning zero fees sceme?
Genevieve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 2:43pm
HI THERE :)

I am 22 a young mum to be and due in May 2010

I live about 2 1/2 hours out of Wellington so if you want we could always meet in the middle or make it monthly catch-ups? It would be great to deal with another young mum!

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 4:42pm
Hey Genevieve, come join us in the May thread!! Im 23 and in Wellington...

+1 May 09 Angel
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 7:52pm
Hi Genevieve. Nce to "meet" you

May babies are awesome. Im a may baby hehe

Where abouts do you live?
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 8:38am
Oh cool Aithne, what r u going to be studying? I had a look at the massey website yesterday and decided im quite keen to do a bachelor in social work, already done a diploma in psych but wasn't really my thing. i want to be out and about! sounds like we have the same sort of plan for our babe's

Hey Genevieve, congrats! I live in Otaki so 2 1/2 hours would make you near palmy somewhere?? I like the sound of monthly catch up's half way! I don't know if prams half way but Lindale is a nice place! and got the farm walk (even tho the animals r nasty 2me ) and the new playground and stuff... + my fav ice-cream!!!
Genevieve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 10:38am
YAY that sounds great.

Yup I am near Palmy, Mataroa, but I travel monthly to Wellington and twice weekly to Palmy for the groceries as it works out chepear than going to the small supermarket in Taihape.

Berg would be great to meet up, also I am looking at Massey as well, I am studying Medicine in Dunedin at the moment, but with haivng bub on the way and wanting to be closer to Hubby I am considering swapping to Veterinary Science or just finishing a genetics degree then completing med post-grad, somehow I think 8 hour shifts at the hospital are not going to go down well with a baby!

PM if you would like to meet up, I whould be home around November :)
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 10:49am
I love how we all are wanting to go places in our lives!! Even with a buba. Makes me proud that we don't want to sit on the benefit all our lives!! Sorry, a lil rant

Pram would be good, cause Aithne lives in porirua and if Nicole's keen to meet up she's in wgtn.

Hehe oh yes, i understand about the small supermarkets! We've got New World and Wollies here, but soooo expensive so i will be going to Pram to Pak'n'save! i like cheap!!

Oh veterinary science would be cool! There's so many options its hard to choose isn't it. But 8 hour shifts with a baby may not be so good! And its cool how Massey have extramural options - which is good for us who want to stay at home with our buba's!

We should all organise one for November, probily late nov cause i'll have a newborn at the start (hopefully)
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 11:04am
Berg I am studying Animal Care. Yep sounds like we do. I just think my boy deserves the best so i want to try and make that happen. Haha sounds so cheesy . Social work sounds interesting. What kind of area are you thinking of working in?

Haha i was just looking at the new Lindale kids farm last night. I want to start taking Rory to places like that. It looks really awesome. I think i went there as a kid but cant remember what its like. That would be an great place to meet

Genevieve monthly meet-ups would be quite cool. I also sometimes travel to Foxton as my Nana lives there. I used to travel to Levin a lot but when i got pregnant my friends in Levin didnt turn out to be the sticking around kind of friends. What are you hoping to be doing after your study?
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 11:09am
Oops i took so long in writing my response there was another one to read and reply too haha.

I agree the 8hour shifts dont sound to great with a baby. I had been hoping to be a vet nurse but i checked it out and a lot of animal related jobs require you to be on call and i cant do that as i wouldnt have anybody to watch Rory if i had to leave at night. So i started looking at Zookeeping. I figure i can atleast look into it and if it isnt for me i can change my mind later

I am with you Berg I am proud to say i dont want to stay on a benefit my whole life. I want off it ASAP haha.

Im lucky I have PaknSav, New World and Countdown here

Oh November sounds good to me
Genevieve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 12:27pm
Late November sounds great

Aithne my mum is a Zoo-Keeper at Orana Park and she LOVES it.

If you need any advice I can ask her for you!
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 2:17pm
Oh wow thats awesome to know Genevieve . The only thing im not sure on is if you get to actually spend time with the animals or if its mostly about cleaning, feeding, giving talks and paperwork haha.

I have actually never heard of Orana Park. I just googled it and it looks so awesome. I cant believe I have never heard of it before It also seems to do a lot of things with tigers. My fave animal hehe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>