FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYoung mums living in wgtn/kapiti coast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Genevieve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 3:40pm
She works with the primates and she spends alot of time with them, feeding is very active etc, even though you are cleaning out the cages which she does she gets to talk to them and she is one of few who are actually allowed to touch the animals.

She has very deep bonds with them (if one gets sick she rings me sobbing her eyes out)

she has a great job, outside with animals and with people who are passionate about animals, I dont think the pay is that great but if your happy that does not matter!
Sponsored Links

Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 4:28pm
Aww how sweet that your mum has a real bond with them. I googled the job and it seems like something i would be quite interested in. And a bonus is i can do it during school hours once Rory is old enough for school
Genevieve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 10:25pm
thats why my mum loves it, another option isgetting your teachign degree and becoming an educator, that way you deal with the animals and you get to show the school groups around the zoo, teach them about animals etc, im pretty sure you dont need the degree though it would help.

It ties in nicely with school holidays and school hours.

(got that from mum) hehe
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2009 at 8:51pm
Thanks Genevieve and thanks to your mum
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 8:34am
That sounds like a wicked job! I wanted to get a job working with animals but didn't want all the paper work etc etc.. Lazy

I really want to go to Zion Wildlife Gardens, maybe i can make a trip of it when baby gets a bit older so he know's where he is haha i love lions!! so cute. I would have a pet one if i could

Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 9:23am
Haha me too!! But then i realised if want to work with animals i will have to do some paperwork haha.

Where is the Zion Wildlife Gardens? That would be soo cool. I have been thinking of taking Rory to the Welly Zoo at somepoint. I really love tigers hehe
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 9:53am
Mmmm 20 mins out of Whangarei, eek $850 for a behind the scenes tour haha think i'll be passing on that one! Yeah i love lions and dolphins, working with dolphins would be primo but it seems everyjob i research doesn't directly work with the animals all the time.

Yeah the zoo would be great in summer, and they have those concert nights (well they used 2) that you can take a picnic and watch the band in the afternoon sun - bliss!
Genevieve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 10:13am

I have never been to Zion, is it nice? I heard that the lions and tigers are sometimes kept in the same cage? that sounds odd.

$850! wow thats steep!

I must have it realy lucky being able to go "behind the scences" whenever I want at Orana!

Has everyone had a good weekend?

Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 10:41am
I don't no, i've never been there but have always wanted too! looks awesome. Mmm tell me about it!! Theres alot cheaper options but man, $850 is steep! You are really lucky

I did thanks, Had my baby shower/dinner in town on friday night and got really spoilt!! And had a lovely dinner at my fav Italian restaurant, mmm. How about u??
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 11:36am
Oh I know what you mean Berg. Every job i have looked at involves either heaps of study or heaps of paperwork and not much animal work or really sh*tty hours or pay haha. But i just dont see myself working in any other kind of job.

$850

How lucky that you get to go behind the scenes whenever you like Genevieve.

Concert nights? At Welly Zoo?? I have never heard of those haha. Be awesome though if they still did them!! I have heard though that you can stay the night at the zoo and kind of go behind the scenes there and it is quite cheap

My weekend was okish. Rory is starting to get the cold that i am starting to get over . So we just stayed home.

Berg sounds like you had a lovely weekend. My baby shower sucked. Only two people decided to turn up and all i got was bibs and a coupe AIOs lolz. Oh well.

How was your weekend Genevieve?

Sorry for the novel haha.
Genevieve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 1:01pm

Lucky you with the baby shower!

I am not sure if I am going to have one, I am certain only 2 people will turn up to mine as well, makes me a bit nervous! does any one have any tips? how close to your due date did you have it?

My weekend was ok, I just studied studied and went for walks, and on the internet. hehe. DH went to a ball for our the Papanui community last night, wish I had of gone instead I was cramped over text books thinking about anything else but.

Its such a nice day, I wish I had some better way to enjoy it. Everyone down here is out drinking in the sun with no worries because they are at uni, so that rules me out :P

Cant wait to get home

p.s. I think I just wrote the sequel to your novel

Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 4:01pm
Well Aithne, im sure if thats what you want to do you will find ways of making it work

Yeah concert nights, my mum used to take us when i was a few years younger.. gosh it was quite awhile ago! but really nice. Its cool finding out about things like that, that you can take your kid's 2 that are more family orientated than alot of other places!

Oh no, everyone that said they would come didn't turn up but my old work mates and my sister and a few other friends came and got things for me - not really for baby which is nice! like a voucher for a full body massage, but i found the cards that people gave me alot more nicer than the gifts. I wanted to cry it was so nice, i had to keep telling myself, no don't get all hormonal now Bergitte!! haha
well im 35 weeks now and i just had mine?? I don't think it matters when you have it Gen, just while your still comfortable to go out and can walk propily!

Ohhh no, that sucks about the colds!! I have a really bad cough that just wont go away! and getting morning sickness back now, haha greeeeat!

Now that would be nice!! Drinking in the sun with no worries - oh what a dream
Genevieve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 6:40pm

I think I will leave it to my mother to organise a baby shower in Chch and I know for certain my mother in law will organise one where I live. she is baby crazy hehe.

I am always thinking of the worst though.:P yeah I have always been a bit of a geek so luckily I dont have to many people questioning me, but they will when I say no to seafood!

Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 8:50pm
Oh cool. I might have to look into those concert nights. I sent in last week to do some volunteering so if i get a call back i might ask them. If i remember haha.

I think i organised my baby shower sometime between 25-30weeks.

Sorry i still have major baby brain. I can hardly remember what i had for breakfast never mind other things hehe.

Oh poor you Berg. I think i was lucky in that i dont think i got m/s back in late preg. But i think that was cos i was constantly eating so that i wouldnt feel sick haha.

Relaxing with a drink does sound nice. I have never got to experience that. Before i got pregnant it was all about the partys and i couldnt actually legally drink and then i got pregnant. I turned 18 just after i had given birth and havent had a drink since then. Not even a birthday drink. I dont BF either. My mates are all just busy doing their own thing lolz

Oh i have been meaning to ask. Berg where are you planning on having baby? Is there a maternity unit in Otaki?

Hope everyone has a good night.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 7:53pm
Berg did you used to live in/near newlands when you were younger??
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 10:02am
Aw cool, i always wanted to do volunteering at the SPCA or something. Hopefully they call you back!!

Haha oh don't even start on baby brain, i cant seem to remember ANYTHING! Yeah i try to eat all the time, it doesn't seem to help though, and i get so thirsty so i drink heaps of water and that just swishes in my stomach so doesn't help it! Im not very pleased cause my 5-W pills keep coming up so they won't be working!!
sorry, my little moan.

Ohhh no Aithne, you missed out! Buuuut urve still got heaps of time to enjoy that, im going to BF so i won't be able to drink for awhile, but i think about it now and the smell of alcohol repulses me, and i can't imagine having a drink, buut we will see

Yeah Nicole, i did, for a lil while!! Do we know each other??
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 12:54pm
No but I was reading your name in an earlier post and think you may have gone to bellevue school or newlands intermediate?? Or knew the Duggans?
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 1:06pm
Yeah my mums a Duggan, and yeah went to bellevue school for a few years!
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 3:57pm
Oh ok I was neighbours with one and you would've been the year above me at school but I remember you visiting my neighbour lol - I feel weird for remembering that
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 5:40pm

Ohh okay haha i can't really remember it.. would of been my nanny maybe?? in woodridge? i dnt thnk any of my other family was living in newlands, haha but then again i do have baby brain so can't remember much!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>