FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11531154115511561157 1631>
Author
LateStarterLorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:45pm
I was gonna suggest the mesh feeder, esp with very slippy things like apple, banana etc apricot dried fruit is nice and dry and holds well together, Alex coughs and splutters, all drama queen really cos it was attached to the roof of her mouth haha

Shes not too young in that sense but might not be ready for big pieces right now

Seems a lot of money to spend just for a couple of days and not knowing hardly anyone there, you could have a family trip away for a similar price BUT you do deserve a break

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:46pm
Just read your last comment, I kinda mushed the apple up the first time, so Alex could get all the juicy goodness, if she does throw a tantrum, just give her a slap, you are in charge hahahahaha IM KIDDING, ab circle pros gone to my head

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:50pm
All I wanted was some ideas of stuff I can take with me to give her when we aren't at home. Is that too much to ask?

Edited by caliandjack

[/url]

Angel June 2012
bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:59pm

Fleur when I nannied we took things like rusks, crackers or stuff that is easily prepared like apple precut etc for her to suck, perhaps some pureed apple if she takes it cold, umm I actually cant think now what other things we took lol it was only a year ago and I looked after a baby this age - pity I don't remember more!  

I guess it depends where you go too as many places have the parenting rooms with microwaves. Or perhaps depening on what you take maybe include a thermas of boiling water to heat whatever, such as baby rice?

themummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:01pm
we've had a nice day here, we went out for brunch and xanthe ate bits of orange from the table. then we were heading to the supermarket when i realised that xanthe had shat all through her outfit and capsule.

it was everywhere! i went through almost half a pack of wipes and xanthe still needed a bath. so so gross. now the capsule cover is in the wash so i'm not going far until that dries!

i tried xanthe on some banana today, she seemed to enjoy it. she usually spits it out by pushing her tongue forward - it that the extrusion reflex or just her learning how to swallow? she does want the food as she keeps opening her mouth for more, but then she pretty much just spits it out.

sarah, not sure about the wedding, it does sound pricey. could you maybe stay longer in sydney with friends to make it more worth the cost?
bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:04pm
wow a little heated, you okay ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:08pm
Gosh Fleur, pretty sure I didnt aim anything too bad in your direction??? I just said whats with the lunch thing?? Just didnt understand why you thought lunch out was so difficult and I gave you some ideas :)

Uncaring mummy was aimed at myself

themummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:08pm
oh yeah, i just chucked everything in the washing machine, all good :D
werty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote werty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:08pm
Fleur- there's a yellow jar from watties that's this yummy yoghurt dessert stuff. Doesn't need to be in the fridge- and it's from six months. I always kept a jar of that on standby. I hope Lachie has grown out of his lactose intolerance so he cam have it too.
Otherwise- avocado? Ooh, and a tin of of watties peaches and semolina( I think???)

newbie08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbie08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:26pm
due in/born in 2012 thread is already here! that was fast!
tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:53pm
Hmm, think I missed something? Anyway. I have no suggestions on what to take out for baby to eat because I never have. I don't like to recommend anything unless I've actually tried it myself. We eat out a lot & I've never found not taking something an issue, I just give them something to goob on like a crust or whip out the boob/bottle, never had a problem with doing that. The kids are all very flexible, love trying new foods- IMO because I've never done "special" foods for them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 11:02pm
DH is in Auckland tonight, picking him up from NP airport tomorrow morning. $1k to go to a wedding in Sydney, ouch. I know online is supposed to be cheaper but had you thought of just asking a travel agent what they have access to? They might have some no frills quick trip deal or something. Mum & stepdad went to Alexandra Heads for a week last month & all up (flights & 4star accommodation) for two it was $1500ish, that was through an agent.
shesmiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shesmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 11:14pm
Yay for picking up DH ttj. Woo hoo!

Have been in the kitchen today too, following 2 hours picking up rubbish along the river this morning. Found a bmx track/jumps hidden alongside the river that I am sure Oli will love as he grows up. Funny to think like that when you see thingsm - bet we won't be living anywhere near here by the time he is on a bike!

Soup, quiche, muffins, feijoa loaf, kumara, carrots and butternut for Oli and veges prepped for a curry during the week.

Gassy wee man today. He had pumpkin today which he's had before, so not sure what that was about. Pretty cute, his body tenses and his face changes - often as I am putting him to bed for a nap. Hee hee.
shesmiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shesmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 11:19pm
$1k is heaps for a couple of nights away. It might mean the absolute world to the friend. Its hard though

We warm the formula - he is REALLY particular about the temp of it - and given that he wouldn't take it all for a while there... we heat!

Not so much with food - pretty casual about what he gets and when. Its early days.

Hope the packing is going okay susy - it makes absolute sense to go shopping there and you will pick up end of season bargains for the seasons we are going into.... thats how I would justify it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 11:28pm
Sounds like you had a lovely day shesmiles! Anyone else watching the real L word? I want more tattoos, lol, not because I'm a lesbian but because some of the ladies have some stunning tattoos.
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 6:09am
Morning all

Yay TTJ ur DH is home today.

Lunch- Ella was quite happy taking fruit cold but has gone off fruit lately and have just introduced some custard they are stage 2 but it still smooth and she loves it, also i have couple of crakers/rusks in her bag and if i eating out i usually giver her something from my plate.
Sometimes she wont even have lunch and only have dinner. depends on how the day goes etc.

Well my DH has gone, DD woke up just in time to have cuddles b4 her left.

Yay school holidays are over and all goes back to normal
Proud Mum of Ella 3yrs and Noah 20months
gmunster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmunster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 7:36am

where your DH off to Kelz?

Fleur - whats up? missed something again have I?!

I love my boy - but it is NOT cutey cutey to talk to yourself and blow raspberries for an hour at 430am LOL. If I had gone to sleep with my Ipod in as normal I wouldn't have heard him., but dam it I forgot so he woke me. Never grizzled but I spent the hour laughing at his talking

WellI think the food malarchy has finally clicked with my boy!! he still not interested in Milk, but dam is he excited about solids!!! weetbix he can't get enough of and his farex at night ne practically inhales the spoon! Thank god for that, now he can just eat whatever we are from now on! (within reason... not sure he would have appreciated the sushi and tempura and curry we had over the weekend.......)

KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 7:43am
DH has gone back to gisbourne he has bout 3 months of work up there, we just lucky it not to far and he comes home on the weekends
Proud Mum of Ella 3yrs and Noah 20months
newmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 7:45am
morning all

horrible night here with my sick boy - up every half an hour cause he cant breathe with his dummy in and spits it out then gets upset cause he likes his dummy - along with that he has runny poos but i keep checking his temp has only got as high as 36.8 i am a walking zombie after 3 really bad nights sleep early early night for me tonight. very glad he is a litle bit sumo cause he is off his food still getting some in just takes a long time - dont want him getting dehydrated, guess i better ring and cancel imms for thursday bet that was his master plan haha that and he has first swim class on thursday

maya22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maya22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 7:53am
Originally posted by bubalys bubalys wrote:

HOWEVER Twice now she has choked, im not meaning gagging im meaning having to pull it out as shes red in the face and not breathing. is this because shes too young? first one was some cracker so have stopped those, second was a piece of apple she was sucking on and a piece about the size of half a grape came off. It scares the bejesus out of me and I dont know if I can bare trying again

Those are all hard things. If you want to give whole food, then give soft things. Cooked fruit. If you want to give hard things, then it needs to be double the length of her fist, so she has a 'handle', and a bit to suck on. Or use a mesh feeder, although they are awful to get properly clean.

DS1 July 2007
DS2 Nov 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11531154115511561157 1631>