FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsame sex mummies to be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
2mums can't wait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2mums can't wait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 8:14pm
Hey, I posted this in another thread but just thought I'd share hear too.

DW and I started our conception journey Dec 2011 when we first went to FA. We were not given the green light to start until 2 Oct 2012, as I had to have a laparoscopy (found nothing, tubes clear) and it took about 8 months to be at the top of the donor list.

Thankfully it was a short wait to our first CD1. I started on 25 Climod bc of history of long/irregular cycles. I was completely gutted when after 3 blood tests the nurse told me I was not ovulating. Next CD1 was 8 Nov 2012, with an increase to 50 Clomid. Again 3 bloods and no movement, i begged for another test on the basis my cycles are so long. They let me but still nothing. Next day they decided to just start Clomid straight away at 100. First blood test Mon 26 November, awesome result, my estrogen had risen! Scan showed two follicles, good sizes apparently. Blood tests tues, weds, thurs. each day was torture waiting for the afternoon phonecall. Finally 2.10pm thurs nurse told me I needed trigger injection. Triggered midnight thurs for IUI midday today.

I have no idea how I am going to make it to 21 Dec (BT day) when I'm so impatient waiting to ovulate was like torture. I'm scared the trigger didn't work and we just wasted our money. I'm scared bc DW has AF and I don't want the hormones to rub off on me before the potential implantation.

Hope there's some more of us out there and it's going we'll with the baby making
Sponsored Links

Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2012 at 9:38am
Welcome brittney & 2mums!
Well I think I'm the sole one hanging around regularly still since this thread was started. Although the others may pop I from time to time. They've all had their babies now. Sadly my wife and I had two miscarriages and so are TTC again now. Our donor is her brother who is back again from the Caribbean on a 'working holiday' ;-)
He gets a 5 month holiday in exchange for a few minutes 'work' a few times a month!
My wife and I have been together just on 4.5 years and got married in Feb when I was 7 weeks pregnant with our second baby. We were based in Auckland till April when we moved about 1hr North of Auckland. I'm from here (Northland is where I grew up), and she's from the Caribbean by way of London.
We used and are continuing to use DIY style home insemination. Fingers crossed it works soon! You can read our back story on here I think if you read back through this thread.
There isn't much action on here, although I'm happy to chat if you want to (as you'll see from my lengthy previous posts!). Otherwise request to join the private 'rainbow families NZ' group on Facebook as it's quite active.
Hope to 'see you around' :-)

Oct 11 & Mar 12
P&G View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 11:16am
Hi all - first child for us together, both 32, due nov
2013 very exciting! 9 weeks now and still hard to
Believe. We were lucky with a donor and first go a
Success! We aren't telling anyone immediate until
We are at the 12 week stage which is hard to keep
Quiet at this point :) glad to see other same sex mommies
To be. We will be looking for Auckland groups to attend
With baby once here, anyone know of any?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2mums can't wait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2013 at 9:04pm
Just thought I'd bump this thread in case there are any new SS mummies to be out there.
Congrats P&G. I know there is a play centre type group one day a week in mt Eden. We are planning to check it out when we have bubs.

Update for us: our third IUI was successful and currently 5w4d. Time is going super slowly now!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/411a4f
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2013 at 9:13pm
Great to see this thread, my DW and I are expecting our first child on our 4th round of IVF. Hard to be other mother but very excited.
We were hoping to do IUI with donor super but at our first FA appointment they discovered I had a large ovarian tumour. Luckily it was benign but I lost left ovary and Fallopian tube, so we qualified for public IVF.
Round 1 in May 2011 was a total flop, no embryos survived for transfer so got a repeat cycle in Sept with a BFN.
We decided to both have AMH test and mine showed diminished ovarian reserve so for third cycle we used my DWs eggs and I got pregnant but miscarried at 7 weeks in August last year.
We had a break and began again in February, I decided to take a break so my DW had IVF and is now 12.5 weeks pregnant, yah! Best of all we have a frozen embryo for me to try next year.
Love reading all of your stories, helped me lots while waiting to get. We 12 weeks
IVF 1- No embryos to transfer
IVF 2- BFN
IVF 3- BFP, miscarriage at 7 weeks
IVF 4- BFP, Joshua born 15/12/2013 and one frozen embryo
FET- CP
IVF 5- Baby number 2 due 21/2/2017 and 1 frozen embryo ❤
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2013 at 9:13pm
Also congrats 2 mums, so pleased for you
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 8:28am
Congrats AMK11, sounds like you had a long hard journey like we've been having. I get pregnant (doing home insemination) 2 X out of 4 attempts back in 2011/early 2012 but miscarried both at 12 weeks. Seems that it was thyroid issues for me causing it. Since then we've tried 7 more cycles but had no joy. It really sucks. Our donor is my wife's brother and he lives in the Caribbean so we have visa and financial restraints on bringing him here to try. So we are I limbo right now trying to work out why to do next. He is a bit of an anomaly in that his sperm doesn't survive freezing well enough, so can't be used for IUI, only IVF with ICSI, and I don't think the thyroid issues qualify us for funded IVF.

Oct 11 & Mar 12
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 9:03am
Thanks pepi-bebe, we had to pay for last round which was tough but my DW got a bonus which paid most of it luckily. We did ICSI too, just to give us a better chance of more properly fertilised embryos. In some ways I feel lucky that we knew that IVF was our only chance because we had a clear plan.
Might be worth talking to one of then fertility clinics about getting scored for IVF even with thyroid issues as you have been trying for over 12 months (or attempts). Then you could plan for when your brother in law comes back.
Probably a personal question but would you consider another donor?
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2mums can't wait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2013 at 1:48pm
Hi AMK. Sounds like you have been through a lot. I don't know if I could be that strong.

Where abouts are you based?? We are in Auckland.

Pepi-Babe, did you have a midwife in Auckland at any stage? If so can you recommend them?
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2013 at 2:25pm
We are in Hamilton, best advice about your midwife is making sure she is open minder and knows that both of you are the mummies and want to be involved. Ours is great and she has an amazing 3rd year student with her so we almost get two for the price of one.
I would of changed straight away if she had had a problem, we have worked so hard for this baby last things need is any judgement!
I can't lie and say it has been easy but we have both always wanted children, so wanted to give it our all. Most days are good,just sometimes remember how sucky it has been to get to this point.
Hope you find a great midwife
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2013 at 5:07pm
Pepi I went back and finally read all the old posts and so totally disregard my previous comment about your donor.
I completely understand where you are coming from, about your wife having that connection to your baby. I just hope thatvwhen your BIL can come back that you are blessed with a sticky bubba. I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks last year and it was horrible, so deepest sympathies that you have had two. My wife is now pregnant as I didn't feel quite ready to try again. What've a kind known donor, who is involved from a far but doesn't want to be a father figure.
Want a bought some maternity clothes for DW today, as everything is getting a little tight. We had such great service at all the stores we went to (hot gossip, jeans west and egg maternity). This was a big relief, plus we put a stroller and capsule on lay buy..... Scary
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2013 at 9:48pm
Thanks for reading back AMK, saves explaining it all over again :-)
2mums- we had an awesome midwife at Motherwell in Mt Eden, Carly Frances. She's a super experienced acupuncturist too, so will treat you during labour (but not during pregnancy if she's your midwife as she likes to keep the two roles separate so she isn't thinking acup during midwife appt & vice versa). However...she only accepts approx 20 patients per year. Strongly prefers natural, drug free birthing and home birth, although has links with Birthcare in Parnell and some of the hospitals for emergencies. So if those things aren't your cuppa tea she's possibly not for you.
She was just perfect for us and she is super down to earth, mega experienced (about 15 yrs), and we loved her! If you google her name you will find her website.
PB :-)

Oct 11 & Mar 12
P&G View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2013 at 11:39pm
Hi all! We are now 17 weeks :) saw posts on here, congrats
To all of us! We have found lots of our friends are due end of
Year too recently, seems lotsa December babies :) we are awaiting
Next two weeks eagerly to go for scan to hopefully see a gender
If bump is willing to co operate! My partners doing great, she's tired
And had morning sickness but she's very excited!
We will be awaiting mid November for a bundle of joy to join us
And our 13 year old daughter. We have a really cruisey midwife in
Auckland from mama maternity :)
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2013 at 11:56pm
Congrats p&g to you and your partner. Exciting to find out soon about the gender
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 7:52pm
How are all the mummies doing? Have our scan in 3 days and be good to see a healthy baby....
So far so good, my wife is doing well. She is still working about 50 hours per week so is very tired... Encouraging her to start reducing her hours as I worry it is a bit much and her blood pressure was a little high at 16 weeks.
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2mums can't wait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 8:49pm
Hey we are going good. Nearly 13 weeks now so just at the stage where we are starting to tell ppl. DW has been amazing taking care of the cleaning and cooking while I lie on the couch exhausted!!
Is that your anatomy scan? Are you finding out bubs sex?
P&G View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 9:00pm
Hi all! So exciting our happy news is we have a little girl on the way!
We've had the privilege to have two scans, one finding
Out the gender! We are excited and now have in true fashion
Many little pink things ready! All is healthy, baby is happy and
Active, carrying mum g is tired going into 24th week after the weekend.
Baby got to come cruising with us to Sydney for a week but no more
Travelling now for mum and bump. We are beginning to see outside
Movement on tummy and feel kicks in the last two weeks, what a
Journey it will be for us all! Wondering if anyone else has a Facebook to
Connect :) hope everyone else is healthy and happy, we forget about this
Forum!!
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 9:10pm
Yes it is our anatomy scan, will be finding out gender, happy either way. I have a slight preference for a girl, DW the opposite.
Exciting p & g, great you can feel your little girl moving. My wife says bubba moves lots, I can't feel it yet but like to feel her growing belly anyway. One of our fur babies loves to lie against her tummy and purr lots, cats can hear heart beat apparently.... Baby moves when she purrs
Collecting quite a collection of things and looking at decorating the nursery soon
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
P&G View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 9:15pm
:) exciting! Soon you will feel the kicks and that's a buzz!
We are renting so babies in with us for now but we have a large
Room so she will have her own "area". I thought we would have a
Boy but mummy g knew was a girl. We have a set of same sex aquaintances due
To have baby boy in sept and another 2 weeks behind us with a boy too!
It's all a thrill buying bits and pieces! Can't wait for November we will be going
To a concert in October so the baby will really hear the music :)
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 10:03pm
My wife is sure its a boy.... We own our house so will make a nursery and paint it lemon probably. We have bought a co- sleeping bassinet that attaches to our bed and has an open side so baby will be in our room for first 5-6 months.
That's neat that you have other friends having babies, we don't really but I am an early childhood teacher so have lots of people to talk to about babies and all my colleagues have babies
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>