FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 week wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 890891892893894 1103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lesh77777 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesh77777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2015 at 2:53pm
Yes please Nannikin add me to the list. I guess I'll use the miscarriage as 1st day of cycle 4th July, but going by my Ovulation sticks I ovulated on either the 19th or 20th? Sorry I don't know all the correct slang yet! Nellennium that's no good your birth wasn't the best but yes they are all different so hopefully you've experienced the worst and the next can only be better!
Sponsored Links

nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2015 at 12:59pm
Today's List Thursday 30th July

2furkids - CD3
Iceland - CD6
Mummyinc - CD7
Fingersxd#2 - CD8
Nannikin - CD11
Avidkeo - CD15
Kosmolicious - CD19
Tasmin - CD21
misssara - CD27
Mummabear - CD40
Jessaroo - CD78

Kazper - 3DPO
Lesh - 10DPO

xox WARMEST CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BFPS LADIES xox
Lease243 Mrs Impatient SmileClapStar Leishamaree Spitfire19 DinoMum Pandy33 Dot2012 ShannonMac Pink.lolly KelzF09 Blondie23 Vanz-r x2 Smoo Hazelnut Willow mummystheword MotherLtd Bubno1 Tara13 Gabc1 Reddahlia MrsT2013 Tuquel Animax Hidihils Charly28 Little Dragon n00b_mum misssara Mac19 Enelra Seaview Binklemouse DJKaf LiBi Startingover34 mrsbaker86 Apfel84 Talz BlueTardis Chelseaquinn miss_bling wimble Pepi-bebe Kazzanz05 Blest Keziah84 ShannonMac NZVeggie Twinkle Toes Chandy MrsRH Bobsta Billy22 Sarzy Bubs2014    Tryingfor#4 *Sara* Ginger22 Wellybaby Poppy Mang083 KP06 Sageandthyme LG nov_12_bub

EXPECTED DUE DATES:

ShannonMac

Millysmum

Twinkle Toes

Chandy MrsRH Bobsta Billy22 Sarzy

bubs2014

Tryingfor#4

*Sara* Ginger22 Wellybaby

Poppy Mang083 KP06 Sageandthyme

Nov_12_bub

Ladies please announce your arrivals here. We can't wait to hear about the safe and happy arrival of your precious and long awaited babies xox
Congratulations from us and many happy days to you and your bundle
Kumeroa - girl 14/1/2014 4.9 kg
Baby V - boy 26/2/2014 3.5 kg
Southkiwi - boy 25/3/2014 3.6 kg
avidkeo - girl 22/4/2014
Pitter patter - boy 14/5/2014 8lb8oz
Tan - boy 16/5/2014 3.4 kg
Jessaroo - boy Emrick 13/7/14 9lb 4
Lease243 - Zoe Anne 20/07/2014
Dunson33 - Scarlett Jean 20/07/14
MrsImpatient - girl 20/08/14 3.2kgs
Leishamaree - boy Levi 27/08/14 9lb 6oz
animaxnz - Harley 18/11/2014 2.6kg
DJKaf - Alina Mae 21/02/2015
Binklemouse - Oscar 23/02/2015
Talz - Kyle 5/5/2015 8lb3oz 3.7kg
Blest - Lucie 29/06/2015 9lb4/4.22kgs.
Keziah84 - Zethan 4/7/15 to 17/7/15, 7lb 2oz may you rest in peace

To all our beautiful ladies who have experienced loss
our hearts go out to you.
May you find solace here, hugs xox
Redtulip Storm11 x8 NzVeggie x3    Tan73 Westisbest a.girl x4 Alittleloopy Jessaroo Epictraveller Blondie23 Serenity2013 Dunson33 miss_bling Lease243 Leishamaree Oxy x2 fingersxd4#2 x3 ShannonMac x2 Talz Seaview Bubs2014 Phoofy heavenly.talker Soda *Sara* x2 Pepi-bebe x2 Nellennium x4 Kazper
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2015 at 1:37pm
Home again with my poor wee sick child today. Had to do a total bed strip and a shower in the middle of the night, man those AntiBs have really done a number on her poor digestive system! Picked up some probiotics this morning, hoping things will be back to normal for her soon.

Added you to the list Lesh are you planning on testing again or waiting to see if AF shows up?
Nov_12_Bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nov_12_Bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2015 at 9:35pm
Sorry to hear about your little one being poorly Nannikin! Never a nice thing to see them suffer :(
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2015 at 10:55pm
Nannikin, wishing a quick recovery to your little one!!!
Thinking of you Lesh! Fingers crossed!
How are you doing Novbub?
Hope everyone s doing fine and well!!!
There are so many bugs around at the moment. My youngest has had conjuctivitis for 4 days now, and still not much better, but well, its not easy to administer eye drops to a 1 year old...maybe that s the reason.And yes, hubby s got a 'man flu'...also not improving as fast as id hope:-)
Take care everyone!!
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2015 at 10:08am
Hey everyone. I feel a bit awful, got AF and disappeared. I got crazy busy going to Wellington for a conference and things.

Hugs to our loss ladies, lots of love to you and welcome, hopefully its a short stay.

Nov - exciting!!! so happy for you!!!

I am about to ovulate - guessing Sunday or Monday as I started getting full on EWCM yesterday. BD last night and will see if DH will BD again on Saturday so that should cover us for either situation. My DH is a bit weird about trying at the moment, he keeps saying we are just "practicing" but when I asked him earlier this week if we were still just practicing he was all casual and "oh we can try if you want, is it a good time now" lol. So I am trying not to pressure him into BD but still want to get him on board if you know what I mean.

I think if it doesn't happen this cycle he will be keen to kick things up a notch. He's still convinced that getting pregnant is the easiest thing in the world because to him it seemed that way for DD.

MEN!
DD born 22 April 2014. No 2: BFP 10 September due 23 May 2016 My Ovulation Chart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nov_12_Bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2015 at 1:13pm
Hi Iceland and Avideko, went to GP yesterday and did two pregnancy tests (diff brands) and line is coming out strong. I would have thought my period would have been due yesterday so good to see strong lines as I usually don't get them. Had bloods taken but still waiting to hear results

Also think I am now coming down with a cold which isn't good but makes for good excuses to relax! Conjunctivitis is also making the rounds at DD's daycare at the moment!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nov_12_Bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2015 at 5:51pm
Got HCG level back today from nurse but Doctor is not back until Monday to interpret. Readings were 330 for 4 weeks (vs 54 at 3w4d for DD). Now to try find a LMC. I had an OB last time (husband and family's preference) and it cost $5k, for same doctor to deliver again, a second-child rate is now $5k! Looking at midwife options as I really want to have a trial of labour and attempt a VBAC this time round! Anyone else been in a similar position? DD was transverse lie so no labour.
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2015 at 7:58pm
Today's List Friday 31st July

2furkids - CD4
Iceland - CD5
Mummyinc - CD8
Fingersxd#2 - CD9
Nannikin - CD12
Avidkeo - CD16
Kosmolicious - CD20
Tasmin - CD22
misssara - CD28
Mummabear - CD41
Jessaroo - CD79

Kazper - 4DPO
Lesh - 11DPO

xox WARMEST CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BFPS LADIES xox
Lease243 Mrs Impatient SmileClapStar Leishamaree Spitfire19 DinoMum Pandy33 Dot2012 ShannonMac Pink.lolly KelzF09 Blondie23 Vanz-r x2 Smoo Hazelnut Willow mummystheword MotherLtd Bubno1 Tara13 Gabc1 Reddahlia MrsT2013 Tuquel Animax Hidihils Charly28 Little Dragon n00b_mum misssara Mac19 Enelra Seaview Binklemouse DJKaf LiBi Startingover34 mrsbaker86 Apfel84 Talz BlueTardis Chelseaquinn miss_bling wimble Pepi-bebe Kazzanz05 Blest Keziah84 ShannonMac NZVeggie Twinkle Toes Chandy MrsRH Bobsta Billy22 Sarzy Bubs2014    Tryingfor#4 *Sara* Ginger22 Wellybaby Poppy Mang083 KP06 Sageandthyme LG nov_12_bub

EXPECTED DUE DATES:

ShannonMac

Millysmum

Twinkle Toes

Chandy MrsRH Bobsta Billy22 Sarzy

bubs2014

Tryingfor#4

*Sara* Ginger22 Wellybaby

Poppy Mang083 KP06 Sageandthyme

Nov_12_bub

Ladies please announce your arrivals here. We can't wait to hear about the safe and happy arrival of your precious and long awaited babies xox
Congratulations from us and many happy days to you and your bundle
Kumeroa - girl 14/1/2014 4.9 kg
Baby V - boy 26/2/2014 3.5 kg
Southkiwi - boy 25/3/2014 3.6 kg
avidkeo - girl 22/4/2014
Pitter patter - boy 14/5/2014 8lb8oz
Tan - boy 16/5/2014 3.4 kg
Jessaroo - boy Emrick 13/7/14 9lb 4
Lease243 - Zoe Anne 20/07/2014
Dunson33 - Scarlett Jean 20/07/14
MrsImpatient - girl 20/08/14 3.2kgs
Leishamaree - boy Levi 27/08/14 9lb 6oz
animaxnz - Harley 18/11/2014 2.6kg
DJKaf - Alina Mae 21/02/2015
Binklemouse - Oscar 23/02/2015
Talz - Kyle 5/5/2015 8lb3oz 3.7kg
Blest - Lucie 29/06/2015 9lb4/4.22kgs.
Keziah84 - Zethan 4/7/15 to 17/7/15, 7lb 2oz may you rest in peace

To all our beautiful ladies who have experienced loss
our hearts go out to you.
May you find solace here, hugs xox
Redtulip Storm11 x8 NzVeggie x3    Tan73 Westisbest a.girl x4 Alittleloopy Jessaroo Epictraveller Blondie23 Serenity2013 Dunson33 miss_bling Lease243 Leishamaree Oxy x2 fingersxd4#2 x3 ShannonMac x2 Talz Seaview Bubs2014 Phoofy heavenly.talker Soda *Sara* x2 Pepi-bebe x2 Nellennium x4 Kazper
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2015 at 8:00pm
Nov thats a fantastic number! From memory Jessica was only around 200 at 4w 1d!though remember numbers dont really mean anything lol.

Wenwill be doing a vbac when i get UTD. We had an emergency c sect due to heart rate decelerations and non progression after 2 rounds of prostin. Like you I never went into labour at all, never dilated and didnt evem descend!

As far as OB goes, did you like them? Did you trust them? I loved my MF, even though she was unable to be with me when everything went wrong (not her fault, we live rurally and had to go to the main hospital 2hrs away for induction). I also oived the OB we got and would pay to see her privately if it was an option.

I am keen to try a VBAC though with the hospital 2hrs away and I'm not allowed to deliver in our local hospital I'm not sure if I will.

So excited for you!
DD born 22 April 2014. No 2: BFP 10 September due 23 May 2016 My Ovulation Chart
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2015 at 8:01pm
Typing on phone sux, sorry about all the typos!
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2015 at 8:09pm
Lol Avidkeo, yes, MEN! Hopefully this month is your month, would make things much simpler for your DH

Yay Nov, good to get confirmation from your bloods! And wow, so much money to have an OB... no experience with VBAC here sorry, I'm sure there must be a few ladies on OB who has been in that position though.

Hope everyone in your house is back to normal soon Iceland!

Yay Friday night is here! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend

Edited by nannikin - 31 July 2015 at 8:10pm
Lesh77777 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesh77777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2015 at 9:10am
Hi everyone, congrats NOV12BUB that's such exciting news :) I'm still waiting but tested yesterday again and still negative and also got a tiny bit of spotting that has disappeared, but that's not unusual for me before AF so I don't think its implantation or anything like that (I wish!). Avidkeo my husbands exactly the same in thinking its going to be so easy as it was first try when I had my MC but doesn't understand that it could take months and even then I'm worried about another MC and then starting again and on the cycle goes... Sorry that's my negative frustrated side talking, I can usually be more positive about it than that!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nov_12_Bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2015 at 1:42pm
Hey Avidkeo,

I did like my OB, although once I had my daughter, a fellow mum who used another OB in the practice mentioned how large my OB's hands were which was something I had never considered LOL

I thought he was good and really looked after me. When I delivered my daughter I got to stay in the nice Tamaki ward in Auckland Hospital and he said I could stay there as long as I liked, stayed there for 4 nights and really loved my room. Huge, private, own bathroom - was lovely! Having said that, if I succeed in a VBAC I won't need to stay there and imagine I would be moved to Birthcare soon after.

I think I would like to have a midwife this time around, mostly because $5k is huge and I think precautions will always be taken with a VBAC. I.e. you are always referred to the Positive Birth After C-Section clinic to determine whether you are a suitable candidate for VBAC (I believe). My GP recommended a good midwife who delivered all her babies and she required a C-section for all. She said she does have a heavy case load so might not be as available post birth but that will be okay as there are plenty of other avenues. My two younger sisters are also PICU nurses so are a wonderful help and my mother is a nurse. Although they also wanted me to have an OB for my first so who knows! I really want to try a VBAC but more for being able to be attentive to DD#1 :)
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2015 at 2:37pm
Hi, hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing weekend! Oh its so good to see some sunshine:-)
Nannikin, could you, please, adjust my cd days in the list. Im cd8 today.Thank you.
Thinking if you Lesh!
Good luck for this month Avidkeo! Fingers crossed!
Novbub,, great results! Sounds so reassuring !!
Good luck in deciding and finding a lmc you trust and are happy with.
Its hard to make the move and change it you were happy with the person who deliver your first baby.
My experience is different, had a midwife for my first 2 and she was excellent! We used to live o n Waiheke Island, then we moved to the city, so for my 3rd i had to find a new midwife. it was hard, i was very critical of people and very comparing.
In the end, i went with a recomendation, and the midwife was fab! (sadly she now stopped practicing for family reasons, so i ll be on a mf search again if i get pregnant). oh, i had no idea that ob cost that much!
Your GP s recomendation sounds good. Especially with the Positive birth clinic essesment, it sounds that you d be refered to an ob if you needed to. Its important to have a good positive "gut feeling " about the person, so you can feel relaxed about it all.
Good luck and hope all will just as you wish and end in a successfull VBAC.
pS. sounds like you have a wonderfull support in you mum and sisters.

Edited by Iceland - 01 August 2015 at 2:39pm
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2015 at 2:41pm
So exciting that your BFP's are getting stronger by the day Nov 😊 Big congrats!
Argh I HATE winter! DD has been home from preschool a few days this past week with a super high temp and really clingy and sleepy. Think it was something viral. She seems a lot better today thank goodness. Little ones being sick is exhausting. And we have tickets to go and watch Disney on Ice tomorrow which she's been so looking forward to, so I'm glad they won't go to waste now 😊
AF was bang on time again this month so CD1 for me today. I'm so happy she's here. Officially TTC now. Eeeeeeep exciting but petrifying at the same time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nov_12_Bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2015 at 2:41pm
Thank you for sharing Iceland! I am feeling a bit of stress and pressure because it is getting to know someone knew again and of course, the highly recommended also is quite busy. People really seem to action the good midwifes very quickly. Any tips for me on what I should ask, look for? Do you need to have an interview - sorry I AM VERY NEW AT THIS.

I am a bit nervous because I don't know how to find another one if the two I have enquired with are both busy. Stupid question but would anyone know the costs of a repeat c-section if I decided to have on electively under care of midwife?

If I had a million dollars I would go to my OB to save me hassle of finding someone knew and have the familiarity but I do not have a million dollars and $5k could be used elsewhere especially with another addition and being off work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nov_12_Bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2015 at 2:42pm
Yay for officially being in TTC mode Sara :) Looking forward to hearing your journey! Lots of baby dust to you and hope your little girl recovers quickly! Disney on Ice sounds like a wonderful treat!
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2015 at 3:33pm
Sounds like good plans Nov. And yay Sara, hopefully its a short time here for you!

I got a positive OPK this avo!
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2015 at 10:10pm
Sounds good Avidkeo, good luck!!,
and same to you Sara, yay for starting ttc officaly! fingers crossed we have many good news to come soon here!!
Hows everyone else keeping?
Novbub, fingers crossed your search for a midwife is successfull very soon!
Well. not sure if you d call it and interview, usually i had a first meeting and bit of a chat with a midwife to see what they are like. Of course, they ll be all talking positive stuff, its really up to you what s improtant for you.... (i personally look for someone who s open to a waterbirth, is licenced to practice in Birthcare , who will come to my home first when i go to labour! very important ...to check how things are going and decide when it is the time to head to Birthcare. i d hate to make the decision without midwive so im there not too early etc(.l which unlikely with no. 4 )but also to know if things get moving while traveling there, i wont be giving birth on the way without her etc..as she s on the way too.
id also ask how long she s been practicing, what s her back up. That s all i can think of at the moment. Others may have other tips. But mostly, i just go with the feeling i get about the person, you know what i mean. Some people you just know that they are it or not. Hope this is helpfull.
sorry i dont know what it would cost to have an elective c-section under midwife care. thats one thing to ask her.
All the best:-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 890891892893894 1103>