FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 week wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10491050105110521053 1103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 11:42am
It is crazy right! I think because I done it in reverse from everyone else. From day 1 I threw myself into and done everything under the sun, instead of doing what probably most others do and not preventing and figuring to just BD during ovulation window. So not doing all that has made this more pleasant! Though I'm still hanging out for that BFP, but that's pretty normal. It'll be interesting to see how I react if it's BFN this month... I was so devastated last month, but that's probably pretty normal around that time of year with fronting all the when are you having kids questions!

Fingers crossed you catch it flyingduster! Great that you managed to BD properly! And hopefully that feeling carries through the TWW and makes it a bit easier for you!! I'm having the same can't be bothered testing before the day if AF doesn't arrive feeling!

AFM court! I'm 31 and in Wellington, been married a year, and been trying for 6 months. So it's not been super long for me, but I am a bit worried about DH's swimmers due to some past exposure things he's done through his work, which apparently can effect things so I'm hoping the Dr will let us start testing early if we don't get BFP in the next few months!
Sponsored Links

MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 1:37pm
I hope you catch that egg Miswe!

I'm 7dpo today and nothing to report. My breasts are usually sore during this part of my cycle but they aren't yet so hopefully that's a good sign, although I've started taking magnesium this month so that's probably what it is. :)

I'm not going to test this month unless AF is overdue. I'm just over seeing BFNs and testing early doesn't change anything.

How's everyone else holding up over the TWW?
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 3:40pm
6dpo and my boobs are sore this time round. But TBH I can't remember what they're usually like cause all the months blend into one and I'm really horrid at tracking symptoms lol!

Sounds like we're all in the same boat with not feeling like testing unless we're overdue! Even though this month is going much faster then the last several since I'm hardly tracking, as the TWW carries on I'm getting more impatient for it to be over! Hence I'm lingering here a lot more!
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 11:58am
My breasts are usually soo sore every month, like I have to sleep with a bra on due to the pain and I have to stop running because it hurts too much, but this month, nothing.

Google told me to start taking magnesium so I started that and I'm thinking that's the reason why I'm good this month.

I'm 8dpo today and am literally feeling nothing at all so definitely think I'm heading for another BFN.

How's everyone else doing? Hoping to hear about some BFPs this month! :)
flyingduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 7:28pm
I'm still waiting on O yet. FF tried giving ,e stupid dotted crosshairs yesterday but it really had no grounds to, and sure enough it decided to take them away again with today's temp. Haha! Definitely haven't Od yet, zero symptoms. I normally get great globs of EWCM as well as twinges and a HSO cervix, so we shall see. I'm only cd14 and I O usually cd 16-19. Gonna try for another bd tonight hopefully, cos that'll give a good start to sparkle week!!!
Sandme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 7:44pm
Hi Ladies
Have been looking for somewhere to chat to people in the same situation so thought i would introduce myself. Im 27 from North Canterbury. I have an 8yo dd from a previous relationship. My partner is 33 and we are on cycle 2 of ttc our first together. I was on the pill and came off about 4 months ago. Tracking using an app and using opks for the first time, this month. Used my first one today on cycle day 10 and have the test line visable but lighter than the control line. Its all new to me! My period ranges from 28-33 days so trying to keep track and log it all down! Will start bding daily for the next week as the app says O is due next tue but unsure at present. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 8:44pm
So when hubby called the doctor to confirm his sperm results they said he was fine but he went in today to collect his results and his motility is less than 20%. :( It should be at least 40%! So it's low and it might be why we are struggling to conceive. He has to redo the test to confirm the findings but yeah.... little bit annoying but at least we are getting somewhere.
Court28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Court28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2017 at 9:28am
Hi everyone,
I got a very faint BFP yesterday! Its still early days- im guessing im about 3 weeks 3 days pregnant today!
My boobs have been really sore and ive been having cramps and nausea so hopefully its all good signs!
LillyPilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LillyPilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2017 at 9:48am
Court - Thats awesome news!! Congrats on your BFP!!

I'm in the same boat as most others, waiting waiting waiting. Approx 5-7DPO as I should have O'd last week sometime but PCOS makes it hard to pinpoint the date (if I even O at all)
AF due 28th but lately my body has decided to skip AF every second month so I'll test on the 29th if AF doesn't show and go from there.

Baby dust to all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2017 at 2:25pm
Welcome sandme!! Apps can only guess going on averages, the OPKs will hopefully give you a better idea. The test line shows up for most ladies right through their cycle but when it's fully positive it goes much darker. Usually. Haha! They can also cause a lot of confusion too, but I hope for you they give a clear indication!!!

Lillypilly, do you temp at all to confirm ovulation??

Court!!! How many DPO are you??? Show us a pic!! Eeee, exciting!

Afm, EWCM has started today so that'll ramp up all day today and I usually get crazy amounts of it once it starts up fully, so O will likely be tomorrow or maybe Friday? We shall see. But we haven't managed another bd yet so the pressure is on for tonight, and I just don't feel overly hopeful really. Sigh,
Sandme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2017 at 2:40pm
Thanks for the welcome flying duster! Good to hear the info about the opks. Im coming in a bit blind having not used them before. Best bet is just to bd everyday, what a shame lol. Are tou trying for your first?

Court congrats on the BFP. Awesome news ☺
LillyPilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LillyPilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2017 at 3:20pm
Flyingduster - No I don't temp at the moment. Will definitely be looking into it if we don't get that much awaited BFP this month
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2017 at 5:19pm
Congrats Court! That's so exciting. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. :)

Good luck getting that BD in flyingduster. :) Fingers crossed for you!

Fingers crossed for you LillyPilly and for getting a nice BFP! I've only been temping for 3 months now but I've really found it useful to pinpoint O. But hopefully you get a BFP this month and don't have to worry about it. :)

Welcome to the group Sandme. :) Good luck using the OPKs. I find them super helpful and it's only positive when the test line is darker than the control.

Afm, I'm not testing this month. Not feeling hopeful at all given hubby's test results but I guess I'll see next week.

Edited by MrsMcKenzie15 - 19 January 2017 at 10:02am
Court28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Court28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 6:20am
I have no clue how to upload images to this thread sorry!
But I just took another test at 11dpo and its getting darker. I have some awful morning sickness so seems like so far things are on track!

Fingers crossed for everyone else!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 11:40am
Sandme, don't bd every day for too long or it actually depletes the sperm! Every other day is ideal, it gives them a chance to replenish and they live inside you for like five days anyway so every second day still covers you totally. And no, this will be our third.

Lillypilly, I'd definitely look in to temping with such unsure ovulation. It's the best way to be sure you've actually ovulated, and when. You don't have to be strict about it to still get a decent chart.

Hugs MrsM

Court, ahhhhh that's so exciting!!!

Afm, we actually managed a bd last night!? I'm surprised. Lol. But we shall see when I actually O, I don't feel like it'll be today, more likely tomorrow. So might try another bd tomorrow if my temp isn't already up in the morning. Despite the halfway decent chance we have I'm not overly feeling it this month. Just feel a bit meh about it all. Ah well we shall see.
Sandme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 7:53pm
Flyingduster i had read that about bding everyday being a bad thing when ttc but thought it was a myth. Didnt bd last night anyway so will do every second day see how we go. Positive thoughts . U bet its your month!

Court thats so exciting, no the morning sickness but atleast it feels real when thats there hey.

Thanks for the welcome MrsM. Testing with then everyday and ill see how i get on! Thinking positive thoughts for you too. You just never know ☺

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 10:29pm
Bd every day for area days is fine, even a week probably, but ongoing it does apparently deplete his sperm quite a bit. So I wouldn't say it's *bad* but for optimum chance you are better doing every second day.

EWCM all day, or is it leftovers? I can never be sure! Haha! But it's late and still lots so I calling it EWCM now. Lol. My gut has been rolling all afternoon so while I dont think I've had any O twinges, I can't be certain. Not expecting a temp rise tomorrow anyway.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2017 at 9:19am
How is everyone doing????

Afm, I swore I was ovulating yesterday; hip cramps on and off, masses and masses of EWCM in the morning then very little the rest of the day. But by evening my cervix, which had been sitting at a middle-high position, it disappeared way up high so I struggled to find it and today my temp has plummeted lower than ever, so I guess I'm ovulating today! And omg, we got a bd in last night!!! (Hubbys meds have meant finishing has been a very real struggle for us for a while now) so I've gone from feeling pretty so-so about it all this month, so suddenly feeling hopeful.

Also adding to the hope, today is cd18, which is my old typical O day prior to the early mc. Since the early mc it has been earlier, so FF put my predicted days earlier than today but I'm feeling certain today must be the day, back to my old usual again.

And I know my chart looks all up and down now, but looking at my previous charts it's actually really consistently low for me! Normally I'm up and down like this both above and below a typical coverline of about 36.3-ish but if you look at my chart the highest of my highs in this FP are actually only just at my usual coverline level, so if my coverline ends up a typical level, it'll actually be amazing having so many lovely low temps before O....

Anyway, I'm suddenly feeling better about this cycle, but I'm scared to be actually hopeful. If O is today, then AF is due on the 4th, and I'm pretty sure I won't test early.
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2017 at 12:05pm
That sounds very promising flyingduster! It sounds like January might just be your lucky month and I really hope you get your October baby!! :) I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you!

I haven't tested yet but I can feel AF coming on. I imagine by either tomorrow or Monday I'll be completely out of the running. Trying to stay positive (but it's definitely hard too).

Hope to hear some good news from everyone else in the TWW! :)
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2017 at 2:14pm
Hi ladies! I'm back after a 2 year absence...honestly didn't think I'd be hitting the forums again as my cycles came back REGULAR (I was amazed - is this my body?!) when Little Miss turned 1 and we were so hopeful #2 would be an easy conception rather than the previous 18 month wait.
Almost 12 months and 2 miscarriages later, here I am again.

Not letting on to hubby yet but I do think we might be on to something this month, I'm estimating to be about 10dpo and have symptoms that consistently showed up at this stage in the past when I had conceived. If so, hopefully all is healthy this time.

Flyingduster, things sound positive for you!

MrsMcKenzie, it sounds like you're getting the medical run-around from hubby's doctor, that's so frustrating! I hope you get some definite results and can take confident steps forward.

All the best to everyone :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10491050105110521053 1103>