FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 week wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10271028102910301031 1103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Laurz_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurz_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 8:01am
Hi Girls just checking back in looks like I'm 1DPO and kids are away so got in plenty of BD
Big congrats on your BFP Bonnie!! I know it's hard but try not to worry about the brown spotting it sounds like it's just a bit of old blood. All the best for your betas today.
We have our first fertility appointment next Friday at the hospital so hopefully that will shed some light on to why it's taking so long to get pregnant this time. For those who are new we have been TTC for 2 years, i have had 3 successful pregnancies and 4 MC's the most recent being the cycle before last.
Very hopeful for this cycle but then I'm pretty hopeful every cycle

Edited by Laurz_20 - 06 October 2016 at 8:02am
Sponsored Links

Rin007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rin007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 11:16am
Good luck for your blood test today Bonnie! I had brown spotting at the start of my first successful pregnancy too (after 2 MC's before that) and it freaked me out big time as well. My doc never gave me an explanation for it, but it turned out to be nothing to worry about. I get why you don't want to tell your other half, but sometimes sharing the load of the anxiety can help, and it's good to get all the support around you that you can muster - you deserve it!

Yay for the first appointment Laurz - how do you feel about it? Excited? Anxious? I bet it will feel good to start looking for answers after 2 years with no luck.

I have decided to change GP's (partly on the advice of my acupuncturist as she has suggest a few blood tests it would be good for me to get done as I've had 3 MC's now, and my current GP has refused to order them for me, even though I've asked her twice) and called the medical centre where my hubby is enrolled this morning. What is UP with health services in this country when you have to name drop to try and get enrolled with a GP?!? It was only when I said that my hubby was already enrolled there that she said she would make a special request to the doc to see if she would take on me and my 13 month old son as well - before I mentioned DH, the line was that "the books are closed". Still no guarantee that I can change doc's as this one might say no, but I figured I would try - I'm tired of my fertility not being taken seriously by my GP. I had two MC's while I was living in Auckland and my GP there was amazing at the time - had one MC since I've moved to Tauranga and my doc literally told me it was "due to a bad recipe" and that was that. Professional huh? Ok, end of rant. Hope everyone is hanging in there this week :-)
flyingduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 2:00pm
Oh Bonnie, I've heard brown spotting can be normal, so good luck for your bloods! Let us know!!

Ugh Rin, that GP sounds dumb so I'm glad you are changing!! Fx the new one is good and accepts you on. Xx

Good luck Laurz!!!

I'm now 13DPO with a temp even higher this morning (my highest yet) but I did sleep in a bit.... Now ya all need to remind me about this another month, cos I have NO chance this month and yet it looks quite hopeful! Haha! It's so crazy, if I had have been in with a chance I'd be getting excited and anxious and probably tested by now! Lol. So next month I need to remember this is all no sign at all!!!! I am glad my LP has extended again, but come on AF, I wanna get on with it already!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 2:03pm
Here is my chart to stalk and be reassured I have no chance! Lol
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/318aca

Note that I bed share and breastfeed all night long, so my temps ARE very unstable. I disregarded a couple of the higher pre-O ones after the crosshairs went up just to look better. I didn't temp while away at the breastfeeding conference last weekend so hence the gaps there. The one BD we got in was barely a bd, and it was a good 36+ hours after I had O cramps.
Kiwiimum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwiimum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 2:50pm
U have a clear temp shift the day before ur BD and the egg can last upto 36 hours after released. Never count yourself out until AF shows you never know! Do you have any AF symptoms? Is she due tomorrow?

DD 2006
DS 2008
M/C 2015
M/C Sept 2016
AJB.Hess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJB.Hess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 5:01pm
Hope your appt went well Bonnie.
Rin, keep searching until you find a GP you are happy with. The current one sounds like they have a bit of a crappy attitude.
I'm cd5 here with today being last day of AF. Temps are up and down like a yoyo. In the low 36's to mid 36's. Is this normal to vary so much through menstruation? This is the first month I've temp'd throughout my period.

Edited by AJB.Hess - 06 October 2016 at 5:02pm
Kiwiimum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwiimum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 5:21pm
I generally don't temp during AF because it's erratic I use it as a break from having to do it

DD 2006
DS 2008
M/C 2015
M/C Sept 2016
Bonnie7725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnie7725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 5:30pm
Hi girls. Well bloods not great but she said she's not worried. Monday they were 1937 and today Thursday they are only 3177. I'm devastated but trying to hold it together.

Edited by Bonnie7725 - 06 October 2016 at 5:32pm
AJB.Hess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJB.Hess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 6:44pm
Bonnie when they are those kind of levels they can take twice as long to double (like 4+ days) than in early days. So you'd expect them to be hitting high 3000's nearer to Friday/Sat. From what I've read you look on track to me. If that helps at all!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnie7725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 6:51pm
Really? I thought it should be doubled by three days. My doc said she wasn't worried but combined with the brown spotting I feel heart broken. Thank you though. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Kiwiimum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwiimum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 7:04pm
Brown spotting is old blood babe as long as it's not flowing and bright red you are fine x

DD 2006
DS 2008
M/C 2015
M/C Sept 2016
AJB.Hess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJB.Hess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 7:05pm
Reading I have done says the higher the levels are, the longer it takes for it to double and above 2000 it can take 4+days to double.
I'm not a medical professional but your Doc is and with your hx of mc (correct me if I'm wrong...it's hard to keep track of everyone sometimes) if there was something really to be concerned about she would let you know?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnie7725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 7:08pm
Thank you girls. You have brought me to tears. I really want to believe her when she says it's ok but I'm so scared of getting my hopes up to have them dashed. And yes this is my 4th pregnancy after 3 mc's.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 8:39pm
Oh Bonnie, after that history and now the worry I can totally see why you're worried, but it really doesn't sound like bad news at this stage, please try not to be devastated at this point. Worry is fine and natural, but devastation will just drag you down. Xxx

Kiwii, everything I've read says an egg lives for a mere 12-24 hours absolute max after O, and I had O pain a solid 36+ hours before we bd (which also wasn't a great bd cos he was having trouble finishing, hence no other bd that week despite trying!!! He finished only barely in me....) so I really really don think there is a chance!! But it's ok, I had an amazing time with no cycle for sooooo many years, I can cope with her coming again this week. :)

As for symptoms, I was maaaajorly emotional and on the verge of tears or really grumpy all day Sunday which I decided must be PMS cos I'm not normally like that over so much of nothing! But otherwise no real symptoms. Some lotiony cm, some yellowy snotty cm, cervix firm and fairly closed though not tightly so. I've been running hot all afternoon/evening, stripping layers off while hubby turns the heatpump up! Haha. But anyway, I'm still sure AF will be here tomorrow, though FF reckons not till Saturday. :)
Kiwiimum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwiimum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 12:39am
The eggie can last upto 36 hours and being you are less stressed it could end up being ur month I was always told stress is the best contraception x

DD 2006
DS 2008
M/C 2015
M/C Sept 2016
mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 7:46am
Fingers crossed for you anyway flying duster even if its only a miniscule chance.
Bonnie those numbers sound ok to me. Try not to worry although easier said than done...when do you get to have a scan?
As for me have copious amounts of ewcm this am which is unusual and as its only cd9 looks like I'm going to ov early again. At least the fertile cm is a good improvement will be jumping dp tonight for sure. Temps still havent settled which is really wierd so my hormones must be quite different this cycle. Here's hoping that makes a difference

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 8:52am
Nah Kiwii, everything I can find says the egg barely lasts for 24 hours typically, so definitely they don't last 36 or more, so I was never in with a shot!!

Anyway, as predicted, AF came this morning! I'm glad I have a nice 14 day LP again, 12 days was just a smidge on the shorter side!! Lol.

So I'm now waiting to O. FF predicts about the 25th. :)
Kiwiimum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kiwiimum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 9:23am
I may have confused the 36 hours for the time the egg sits at the junction of the fallopian tube before going into the uterus.

Baby dust for this cycle tho :)

Edited by Kiwiimum - 07 October 2016 at 9:24am

DD 2006
DS 2008
M/C 2015
M/C Sept 2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnie7725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 7:39pm
Easy to do Kiwi Mum when there are so many nu,bers and dates etc running through your head!

Mizpix - scan Monday week - the 17th. Such a long waaaiiiit! Bloods retested on Monday and Thursday though so should know more by Monday afternoon.

I've been in Chch with my Nana (she needed a scan) and the doc wanted me to stay in the room while the x-ray machine did it's thing and I had to say no. Of course she asked if I was pregnant and I just said maybe. Like a kid. Nana never mentioned a word the whole drive home. 3 hours in the car! Bless.
AJB.Hess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJB.Hess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 10:43pm
How lucky are you to have your Nana still with you! I recently lost both of my remaining grandparents and wish we had started ttc earlier so they would have been able to meet a great grandchild. But alas, life had other plans.
Good luck for more bloods Bonnie x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10271028102910301031 1103>