FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 week wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10481049105010511052 1103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 3:46pm
Hubby got his results back from his sperm test and the tests were all good! I'm so happy but at the same time... why isn't it working then?? I'm getting bloods done this month and next so hopefully that will shed some light on things.
Sponsored Links

MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 10:09am
So after being sure OPKs weren't working for me this month I finally got my +OPK yesterday. 2days later than I usually get it and I've been using them for 6 months! Just when I think I've figured it all out my body does something weird.

Hoping we gets lots of BFP's this month! Fingers crossed. :)
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 1:33pm
Hi everyone!

Still sort of lingering in the background!

Great to hear hubby's sperm came back good MrsM! And yay for positive OPK! Fingers crossed that you catch that egg. It may be later because you caught your surge on the way back down maybe? I don't know enough about how it works!

Good luck catching that egg AJB! Fingers crossed you've got it this month!

AFM, I haven't been temping this month, but have definitely O'd either over night last night or today, so I'm in TWW as of today and will count tomorrow as 1DPO. Me and DH have been BD, but last time was Sunday night. Still have a tiny bit of EWCM this morning... so hoping we still caught it. We were meant to BD last night. But he decided to stay up till the middle of the night watching a movie (he's still on holidays) so needless to say it didn't happen! Am a bit peeved at him today about it and doesn't he know it! Men! The one job you have! Anyway we'll see what happens. Have actually enjoyed not temping and OPK's this month. If no BFP this month I'm going to start pushing for testing next, but I think honestly I'm going to keep with the laid back approach... Everything I was doing with OPKS, temping, pineapple, this supplement, that tea was burning me out about the whole thing! I'm also hoping if I'm not so invested I won't be so disappointed when it's a BFN each time... It's a weird thing this whole trying for a baby, but after the last BFN I was so so bummed!
AJB.Hess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJB.Hess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 9:01pm
Well who knows when I'm o-ing! Or if it's been and gone! Still a wee bit of ewcm inconsistent throughout the day though.
What really guts me is I blew out my knee (again...already had a reconstruction!) and in agony! Doubt we will manage to bd tonight which sucks cos signs of O are still here. Ah well, lets hope the last 3 or 4 nights have been enough!
Great to hear DH's swimmers are A-OK MrsM!
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2017 at 12:44pm
Hope you caught that egg AJB and Miswe! My temps are on the way up now so it's likely I've ovulated but FF hasn't confirmed it yet. We managed to get a lot of BD is this month, thanks to being on holiday, so I'm hoping it's worked!

I hope the new approach works for you Miswe! I wasn't tracking or anything in the first 5 months TTC as I hoped it would just happen but that 5th BFN hit me hard and I cried for a week so I started temping and such. Every BFN still hurts but I find if I give myself a few days to feel sad then I can pick myself up and try to be positive again. It's getting harder to stay positive though so I hope it happens for us soon!

Getting first round of bloods done on Monday. In some ways I hope something isn't right so at least I have an answer to why it's not happening for us. We shall see I guess.
Court28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Court28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2017 at 3:10pm
Pretty sure I felt ovulation on cd12, so I am 4dpo and waaaaiittting! Will probably test next week sometime although im not holding much hope this month :(
Hope you are all doing well!
AJB.Hess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJB.Hess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2017 at 12:50pm
So I had just put up a massive post cos I was confused as heck! But my body has now told me CLEARLY I'm O-ing now. A week later than normal. Cervix went super high in the last few hours really soft and lots of EWCM rather than just streaks for the last week. So when we were bd like mad with streaks of ewcm it was just practice I guess. But also gutted cos we havent bd in 3 nights cos of my knee injury so I hope some of dh's swimmers are still alive and kicking in there and catching the eggy and I will corner him tonight and start the bd marathon again.
God I hope we havent missed it. I'll be SOOOOO angry.
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2017 at 1:42pm
Think that's the point I'm at now MrsM, so hard to stay positive BFN after BFN! Think I almost done the exact opposite to you! Threw myself into TTC by temping, then OPKs, then pre-seed, then pineapple core, then acupuncture and SMEP! Pretty sure I tried everything out there in terms of old wives tale or researched possibilites, so when that last BFN hit me I was really really disappointed. Who knows what will happen this month, but hopefully if it is BFN then I won't be quite so disappointed? I don't know - nothing makes sense!

Fingers crossed for you and Court though! Lots of BD is great! We need a bFP around here!

Hopefully they are AJB! And you get in a extra BD tonight! We missed O by one day, BD on Sunday night, but O'd overnight on Monday without a BD on Monday or Tuesday. So hopefully, but who knows! I can't wrap my brain around the whole they can survive for a couple days thing!
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2017 at 1:46pm
Today's List Friday 13th January

flyingduster - CD10 (Chart)
AJB.Hess - CD 22
Wellybaby86 - ???

LillyPilly - CD15
Miswe - CD19 - 3DPO
MrsMckenzie15 - CD18 - 4DPO (Chart)
Court28 - CD17 - 5 DPO

mizpix (My Ovulation Chart)
Lauraangharad

Edited by Miswe - 13 January 2017 at 5:33pm
AJB.Hess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJB.Hess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2017 at 2:50pm
It's a rollercoaster of emotions. So hard to know how you will react to another BFN, or the BFP we all are dreaming about.
I have been furiously googling how long an egg stays alive for once it's released to make sure when we bd tonight we can still catch it, How long sperm can survive just to give me peace of mind. But I'm SO gutted we hadn't been the last few nights, when now I know we really needed to.
Frustrating doesn't even come close!
LillyPilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LillyPilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2017 at 4:01pm
Sounds like we are all getting a little fed up with the BFN's so fingers crossed we get some BFP's soon to brighetn up the place.

So after skipping AF in Nov she arrived on 29th December, exactly as she was supposed to. On CD15 today and I should have ovulated sometime this week (with PCOS it's hard to know if I do or not) so we have been BDing every night.

Now the waiting game starts

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and New Year
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2017 at 5:40pm
Fingers crossed for you AJB! Can just hope and wait! They say 12-24 hours, so hopefully! And if it happened last night then you still definitely have a chance as it would've only been 2 days!

We have lots of us in the TWW now! So fingers crossed somebody gets lucky this month!
AJB.Hess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJB.Hess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2017 at 5:48pm
Well I'm assuming O would be no earlier than like 11am today. Creamy cm with streaks of ewcm (consistent with the past week) then at about 11 I noticed a change and checked...cervix very soft and open and high and ewcm in abundance. So bd tonight should catch it. Havent noticed suchba change in a few hours before. Usually takes a bit longer for me to notice
Fingers crossed dh is up for more tonight!
AJB.Hess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJB.Hess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 6:43am
Mussed it. We had an argument over something stupid and missed it. Spent half the night crying and temp up this morn. I'm gutted. I might check out of this forum for a while I think it will be too devistating to see the bfp's come through this month knowing a silly fight ruined it for me this month. Especially when it's gonna be a long 2ww and then another 3 ornao weeks til O. So long
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 7:56am
I'm so sorry AJB! Please don't be too hard on yourself. This TTC thing can be so stressful and can sometimes cause a few negative emotions, and you only need one sperm to capture that egg so who knows....

Good luck to everyone in the TWW! Definitely feels like we haven't had a BFP for a little while so we are due one!

I'm not feeling particularly hopeful myself this month but trying to relax to make the time go faster. At a family wedding this weekend so preparing myself for the 'When are you having kids?' questions.... :(
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 12:12pm
That's sucks to hear AJB. Lots of love your way. Totally understand the checking out for a bit! Let yourself recuperate and not think about it constantly if you can for the next couple weeks. You never know but try have a break! tTC sucks big time.

Good luck at the week MrsM - nothing worse than those questions'
Court28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Court28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 7:22pm
Sorry AJB that really sucks. Definitely understand about taking some time away from these sorts of forums/groups.

Im sorry if this gets asked a lot but im still really new to all of this and was just wondering where you were all from/ if you have any kids already/ how long have you been ttc this time?
If its too personal to answer, feel free to skip this!
AJB.Hess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJB.Hess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 7:46pm
Hey Court, last wee post before I do check out for a little.
I'm 29 (VERY soon to be 30) DH 32. Married 2years. TTC our first since August. Extremely difficult as most of our friends and my brother in law either got pregnant first try, or have had unplanned pregnancies. I dont really feel like I can talk to them since they don't know what it's like ttc and being unsuccessful month after month.
As you all can tell still a bit down in the dumps. Really think I need to take some 'Me' time and focus on our relationship rather than just making babies.
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 8:39am
Hi Court! I'm 25, and hubby has just turned 28. We have been married for 2 years and I went off birth control in April while we were traveling Europe but didn't start actively TTC until we got back so we are on cycle 8 of actively TTC. Neither of us have any children so this will be our first!

My little sister has 3 children and has managed to get pregnant TWICE in the time we have been TTC so I definitely feel you AJB. Don't know why it's so hard for us. Haven't told anyone we are TTC as didn't want all the additional questions. Hoping it happens for us soon but in the meantime it's good having this forum as a place to talk to people who understand. :)
flyingduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 9:06am
MrsM, I'm glad the sperm tests came back good, but I understand it's frustrating too. I hope your bloods give an easily fixed answer though, OR actually I hope you just get a BFP!!! Xxx

AJB, big hugs mamma. You're EXACTLY where I was two months ago. O came and went and I KNEW it was there and we missed it without a single bd in time. Our closest bd earlier was like 6 days too, so no hope. I was totally gutted, bottom of the barrel of devastated, facing five or so weeks of no f**king chance. Yep. Sucks balls. Big hugs. Take a break, let us know when AF comes, and allow time to pass, because it will. Big big hugs. Xxx

Miswe, hi!! I'm glad to hear you're feeling decent is month about being relaxed. It's interesting how we are all different, and some need to pull back to find relaxation, others need to ramp up for more answers!! But I'm crossing my fingers for you that you've caught the egg without needing any extra tracking and planning!!!!

Court, oh good luck I hope you've caught the egg too!!! So many in the TWW! As for your questions, im in Otago, I'm 32, married for coming up 8 years now. Have a son who is not long turned 5, and a daughter who is 2.5. We've been TTC our third since I got my PP AF back in September, so what's that, five months?

Lillypilly, good luck having caught the egg too!! Are you using any tracking to know if you've Od? Or just guessing?

Afm we bd last night (woot! No problems!) and this morning I realise as I put my temp in that I'm due to O any time in the next few days! Oh! I have been so laid back this month I wasn't really paying attention, just putting my temp in and carrying on. Lol. So O is due sometime wed/thur/fri and today is Sunday, so here's hoping we get another good bd or two in there over the next few days.
Also happy that my temps have been consistently low this FP. I know my chart is still all up and down to look at, but normally my coverline is about where that second big peak is (36.35) and normally I've got temps all up and down above and below that line even in the FP, but the vast majority are down below that rather than up this time so it might bode well hopefully for a good O and good solid temp shift.

I do think last month it wasn't a great O or something that cause such a dodgy start to the LP, so I'm hoping it's better this month. We shall see. I'm feeling a bit meh this month, like, try if we can but I'm not obsessed. I have zero desire to test early, I don't want to analyse evaps, I don't want to waste perfectly good tests on BFNs. AF will either come, or not, and that'll tell me the answer if I'm just patient.

So I say now. Hahaha!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10481049105010511052 1103>