FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 week wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10621063106410651066 1103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 7:37pm
The world of unknown now I suppose! I imagine your GP will let you know! Though I do know that a friend of mine said to look for a midwife as soon as it's confirmed as they book up super fast, even though GPS tell you to wait till 12 week mark!

Good luck Floph, hope everything works out!

DH test results came back all good, waiting for our copy so I can see the exact details. But so far no explanation for the no baby result! Though knowing nothing is obviously wrong gives me a bit more hope again!
Sponsored Links

Mrs.Bee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 10:27pm
Congrats AJB and Floph!! So great to see these positive messages!!
lauraangharad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauraangharad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 2:13pm
Congratulations AJB, so pleased for you.

You can get an idea of midwives available in your area on this website: https://www.findyourmidwife.co.nz/ but it isn't always up to date.

Do act quickly. I rang about 3 or 4 before I found one that had space late August and that was about 3 days after my positive test. Some areas of NZ are a bit short on midwives at the moment.
lauraangharad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauraangharad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 2:15pm
Me again. Re: dating scans. Although some midwives do them as a matter of course they are usually used when you are not sure of your dates - I'm guessing you won't have that problem - your calculation will be more accurate than a dating scan anyway. I didn't have a scan until 12 weeks, i hated waiting but i didn't have a choice.
Floph13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floph13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 9:22pm
Hi all, thought I would give a quick update. I had my second set of blood drawn this morning and my Dr called this afternoon to let me know my HCG level has lowered to 11 from 20 on Monday. So it looks like a chemical pregnancy for me. Really quite devastated and I'm not sure how I should be feeling really. Is it silly to be so upset over something that I lost so early?!
http://preg.fertilityfriend.com/pregticker/427b1d/preg.png
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 8:28am
Sorry to hear Floph - not silly at all, that would be a horrible experience. Sending love your way
AJB.Hess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJB.Hess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 7:13pm
Sorry to hear Floph! A chemical pregnancy is still a loss, even though it is early. Grief is normal.
Dr sending me for bloods tomorrow, calculated I am just over 5 weeks pregnant. Due 4th Nov.
Bloods to check hcg levels tomorrow
Sandme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 7:53pm
Congrats Ajb thats such amazing news.

Floph i am so sorry to hear of your loss. A loss is a loss no matter how long the pregnancy. You still feel those emotions.

Hi to everyone else. Its been awhile since i have posted. Last time i posted my cycle was awol. It ended up being 47 days then got af.

Im on cycle day 18 now and think i got a pos opk today as its darker than all the others so far. I have been doing opks twice a day and temping but i have no idea what the temping means and will probably only understand it once this cycle is over. Have only bd once this morning so far this cycle but will try again tonight and tomorrow.

Hows everyone doing? Where are you all up too?

Xx
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 9:02am
Fingers crossed for you Sandme! Hopefully you get lots of BD in and have a successful month! You definitely only understand the temps nearer to the end of the month I find! Once O has been confirmed and it looks like it makes more sense!

It's pretty quiet in here at the moment!

AFM - 4DPO today, so in the TWW. It hasn't been going fast this month at all. But trying to keep positive and cross everything! Seeing as there seems to be no medical reason for us not to conceive I'm feeling a bit more hopeful!
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 9:22am
Sandme I hope this month goes well for you :)

Floph it is so very natural to grieve the loss of your babe, no matter how short a time you carried them. Thinking of you and hoping it's not too long until you have a sticky BFP.

Sorry to hear the time is dragging, Miswe, that always prolongs the agony of anticipation!

Fortunately for me, this cycle is flying by due to all the activities we have going on. Considering that I didn't have EW cm until cycle day 36, it would be a looong cycle for time to drag!! Ff predicts AF to start today (CD40) but with another show of EW cm yesterday, I am definitely not expecting it.
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 7:51am
Glad to hear it's flying by LiBi! I have to say I can't even imagine having cycles that long! But hopefully if you're having EWCM that means the end of it is near!

I was listening to a podcast yesterday talking about evening primrose oil and vitex to help regulate cycles - have you looked in to those?

Usually that first week of the TWW drags and then it speeds up a bit. It's hard not to symptom spot since it's too early for any symptoms to actually mean anything, and I've had them all before and had nothing. But my boobs are seriously sore! Like, my husband rolled against them last night and woke me up they were so sore! But they've been like that before in the TWW with no result! Just wanted a whinge
Sandme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 10:05am
Miswe i hope totally hope that means something for you as like you say there isnt a reason you cant get pregnant so chances are good! Hope the tww speeds up for you. Its so horrible waiting isnt it. Temping is like science haha its very hard to interprite. Temp dropped and has gone up today so im hoping it means my opk was right and o happening. I will continue to do opks and monitor everything. As well as bding everyday. Hoping like mad i dont have another long cycle!

Libi are your cycles all over the place? How are you tracking o?
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 11:36am
Oh I'm hopeful for you miswe! I know you said that you've had sore boobs before with nothing come of it and I definitely don't want to put you on a false high but that waking in the night because something - anything! - knocks against your breasts was my first pregnancy symptom with DD.
I used to take evening primrose oil as a teenager because of irregular cycles but it never seemed to "do" anything...although I now can't remember what it WAS supposed to do! Since you mentioned that and Vitex, I look into them both.

Sandme, I always had irregular cycles - sometimes missing in action for months - until my daughter turned 1 last year and then AF came back as a perfectly predictable 28 day cycle with a nice little show of EWCM at about CD14. Amazing. I was so hopeful it would be easy to have #2. Then with reduced breastfeeding, the cycles when out of whack a couple of months ago (when I was so certain I was pregnant) and this cycle I've had 3 lots of EWCM days apart. Still no AF, EWCM again yesterday and am about CD42.
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 2:19pm
LiBi - trying not to get hopes up! But hopefully. They've settled a bit more now, but they've definitely never been that sore before! It's pretty early days though (was 4DPO, now 6!)

I don't know if you're in to podcasts, but the balanced bites podcast spoke about it. It was a recent episode titled women's hormones or something with Melissa Ramos. It was quite interesting! She said EPO from day 1-14 and vitex first thing in the morning before you do anything (apparently tastes horrendous). It's a shame your cycles didn't stay regular. Our bodies love the tricks!
Sandme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 4:49pm
Libi gosh thats rough isnt it. Perfect cycles onto long drawn out ones. Can totally sympthaise mine seem to have done the same so im with ya there. Hoping this month is shorter. Do you know when o was? Have you tested at all?

Miswe when will you test? Those podcasts sound really interesting. Where do you listen to them?

Afm been bding for past 3 days. Had a temp dip today and hoping it goes up tomorrow to show o has happened as i have had some pains today. I am wondering if my opks dont work or im not ovulating. Watching the temps is interested and hopefully will shed some light at the end of this cycle. So hoping its a 33dayer this month.
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 6:20pm
I'm unsure on when I'll test. I might start testing early, I have a heap of cheap ones so I can test to my hearts content. I know I'll never hold out till day AF is due, I'm just taking it a day at a time! Crossing fingers but trying to not get hopes up. It's a hard world we're in!

They're fantastic, I've found so many great ones about fertility and hormones as well as just other life things. On apple it's just under podcasts but I used to use castbox when I had a Samsung. You just search for the podcast name or a topic you want to hear about.

Fingers crossed for you! It will definitely be interesting to see your temps at the end of the month! It's hard to know what's going on with our bodies! Fingers crossed it goes up and you catch it! Are you using fertility friend?
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 9:36pm
I've heard a lot about podcasts of late but am rather a techno-bumpkin and had put them in the too-hard basket. .

Sandme, during those perfect 28 day cycles I just used fertility friend to keep track of cm which was very accurate for predicting o and we had 2 BFPs over the year. Unfortunately both miscarried and it took about 7 weeks for me to cycle after each. I do wonder if breastfeeding was affecting my hormones too much, plenty of women have healthy pregnancies while BF but considering BF seemed to keep my fructose allergy away, it was obviously affecting me somehow.

If AF doesn't show up in the next couple of weeks I'll probably test but it seems all over the show to the point where I feel quite jaded. Maybe a touch of reverse psychology in my subconsciousness There's a 60th birthday, hens night and wedding happening in the next 4 weeks so I'll let the hubbub settle down and then probably contact Fertility Associates if no BFP by mid April.

Edited by LiBi - 15 March 2017 at 9:36pm
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2017 at 9:37am
What has the Dr said about your cycles LiBi? It sounds like an awful experience for you to go through and I'm crossing my fingers that you find a solution soon!

Gosh it's so quiet in here!

MrsMck are you lurking? You must be getting closer to testing day?
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 8:48am
Hi everyone.

Sorry I disappeared for a week. Been so busy. Made the TWW go quickly though. 😊

Congrats on the BFP AJB!! That's so exciting.

When are you testing Miswe?

I tested this morning, I was 100% expecting a BFN, (haven't had any symptoms at all) but it wasn't. I got a BFP. Literally burst into tears when I saw it and forced DH out of bed to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

After 12 cycles TTC I really didn't think this would ever happen. I just really hope it sticks.

Fingers crossed for everyone else. 😊
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 9:51am
Congrats MrsMck! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly, exciting you'll have a wee bubba before the end of the year!

Tested this morning at 9dpo, as we have a work party tonight so just wanted a heads up and BFN. Hopefully it's just an early negative, but I'm getting really PMS-ey so I'm not holding out much hope for this cycle. If it is neg then I think we'll have 1 more go next month and then be having a break for a few months, DH will be on a heap of work trips, so chances of us missing fertile week are pretty high and I just don't want that stress. Would rather just know we've not tried rather than missed it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10621063106410651066 1103>