FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 week wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10631064106510661067 1103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 6:58pm
congrats AJB and MrsMck!!
AJB if you would like an early scan or dating scan either just tell your midwife you are unsure of your dates or just ask for one. If youve had miscarriages or chemicals they should be understanding enough to let you have one. Also with searching for a midwife meet with a couple if you can, dont just assume a midwife will be a good fit for you. They are one of your support people through labour which is a very important time for you. you need someone you can trust fully.

AFM - weve had to push our TTC back a bit, I am on the list to get surgery to have my gall bladder removed so I'm not allowed to get pregnant before that surgery. Would much rather get it out before than after though so I'm ok about it. Although DP and I arent really preventing either... Also 2 weeks until DP becomes DH!!!!!!
Angel Baby Nov '13
BFP Dec '13 DD1 born July 2014 at 35 weeks

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
Sponsored Links

Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 9:50am
Well... Maybe this month was a few of our months...

Tested this morning at 10DPO and got a very very faint line. I'm in shock. Didn't know what to do with myself, didn't know if I was bat sh*t crazy. Holding pee to try and see if I get a better line on first response. Crossing everything little bean sticks!

Edited by Miswe - 19 March 2017 at 9:50am
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 1:06pm
Ooooo.... sounds promising Miswe! I O'd early so I tested at 12dpo and only got a faint line. I'm 13dpo today, tested again and it's definitely real. :)

Might be something in the water this month! I really hope it's a BFP for you!

Edited by MrsMcK - 19 March 2017 at 1:07pm
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 4:17pm
Tested with a first response and there's no denying that line!

Fingers crossed for sticky beans! Now the next stressful part begins!
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 4:59pm
Yay! That's so good to hear! Congrats! It's definitely a good month this month!
LillyPilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LillyPilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 11:53am
Woohoo Miswe and MrsMck!! Two BFPs in one month is awesome

Can I ask you both what kind of symptoms you've been having?
My cycle has been totally screwed up for the last 6 months or so, sometimes missing a month of AF, super long cycles making it hard to pinpoint O

Going off my last cycle I'm around 4 or 5 days late but haven't tested yet. Boobs are swollen and achey and have a fair bit of creamy CM and a very wet feeling down below. Kepp rushing to the bathroom incase AF has shown.
Absolutely exhausted but having really restless sleeps. Totally ravenous haha eating everything in sight but getting acid reflux so very uncomfortable.

Trying not to get my hopes up but will be testing tonight
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 3:16pm
Sorry LillyPilly but I've been having no symptoms at all. I know that's no help at all.
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 4:05pm
My boobs are all kinds of painful and have been since 4dpo, so unsure what exactly it's related to but wearing a bra is even sore at times. Other than that nada. I had a heap of creamy cm at the start of tww, none at the moment. Also have felt like I have a bit of thrush almost at times.

Other than the thrush feeling though I've had sore boobs and cm before. Though not to this extent.

Good luck! Fingers crossed for you!

MrsMck & AJB if you're still around, are you ladies feeling insanely paranoid or did you feel insanely paranoid about a chemical or something else going wrong? I keep checking the test to assure me it's real. And made a dr Appointment for Thursday as couldn't go a weekend without knowing anything for sure.. am so scared it's going to end in a chemical! I'm also really early which doesn't help... 11dpo today and AF wouldn't be due till thurs...
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 4:52pm
I'm super paranoid at the moment. I've done a test every morning (still positive, phew). It's like I'm not letting myself get my hopes up yet because I'm convinced I don't get to keep it.

I haven't even booked a drs appointment yet because I want AF to be late first. (Due today)
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 7:04pm
Ditto MrsMck, I'm glad you're feeling the same though would be nice if we could both relax and everything is ok! But I feel like it's not real and if it is it's too good to be true. Trying to relax and take deep breaths! Going to try skip testing tomorrow and give myself a few days to let the levels go up.
AJB.Hess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJB.Hess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 7:22pm
I'm still lurking and keeping an eye out! Congrats on the bfp's.
I didn't test until AF was 4 days late because I thought it couldn't be. The test line came up before the control line and stronger than the control line.
I'm 7w1d and still such sore boobs. I NEED to wear a bra or pull over sleep bra at all times ( I'm an F cup so the weight of them is painful). I still have a decent amount of lotiony cm and keep running to the loo to check cos I often feel 'wet' and thats a horrific feeling.
I was not prepared for the epic exhaustion though.
What will be will be...there is nothing really we can do now to influence that. I just keep telling myself it's out of my control.
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 8:54pm
Wish I had waited now 😂😂

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Definitely am just realising there's nothing I can do and it's out of my control. Take it day by day and we'll see how we go!
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 5:39pm
Well it's looking like it might be a chemical here. After all that time and waiting to finally see 2 lines, and my 2 lines aren't progressing.

Tested again this morning (now 12dpo) for an identical super faint line as 10dpo. No denying there's a line and it showed up straight away, but hasn't gotten any darker. Tested a few hours later and got a slightly darker line. But not by much.

Made a dr appointment for tomorrow morning first thing and will get bloods done and see what's going on. But thinking the lines definitely should've been darker 48 hours later...
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 12:53am
Wow, a lot's suddenly going on in here!

Miswe, "healthy" hcg levels are so different person-to-person that it's just another thing for us to over analyse. You still have a line. If FR picked up hcg at a really early dpo then perhaps your hcg could still be in naturally low figures just a couple of days later? I'm holding out for you x

MrsMck congratulations!!

AJB the exhaustion is unreal, isn't it! I never imagined until it happened just how early in pregnancy I could be pretty much wiped out.

CD 47 for me. No AF and EWCM again yesterday, with watery cm on the days either side of that. Have been going to bed at silly hours but still surprised that I literally couldn't keep my eyes open on the couch yesterday afternoon and dozed off! This afternoon I was immobilised on the couch for an hour again, sat down and couldn't summon the energy to get up.
About a week ago my legs and abdomen were aching and I thought AF was just around the bend, not so and the past two days I've been unjustifiably teary - I'll be cooking or whatever and suddenly feel like the only thing I need is to bawl about...nothing! Don't know if it's just messy cycles but today's the first time I've actually wondered if it's worth taking a FR - hadn't thought about doing so this month. I'm going into town tomorrow so will buy a single (the 3 pack is a waste because I use them all up in the one go "just making sure"!) and test Thursday morning.

Edited by LiBi - 22 March 2017 at 12:55am
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 7:02am
Good luck LiBi! Sounds like some good symptoms! Fingers crossed that you get a good result!

As for me, definitely a chemical unfortunately. Tested this morning and it had gone back to BFN. So at least I got to be pregnant for a whole 3 days. Not sure how to feel about it. Hopefully AF makes her appearance quickly and I can move on. If I hadn't tested I wouldn't even have known. But then I feel like it was nicer knowing that it had finally happened. Even if it didn't last.
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 7:54am
Oh Miswe, I'm sorry. Better knowing for sure, in my experience with my own chemical pregnancy. My SIL had a chemical pregnancy and didn't take test or bloods and it definitely gives more closure if you do.
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 9:20am
Fingers crossed for you LiBi. Sounds promising. I hope you get your BFP!!

I'm in the same boat as you Miswe. Tested this morning and got a BFN. :( AF is 2 days overdue. I've booked a doctors appointment to get bloods done and such but it's probably a chemical pregnancy.

I'm really glad I tested early and saw that BFP (for 4 days). I've been so worried that we can't conceive, especially after a year of trying so it's a relief knowing that I can get pregnant.
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 10:05am
So sorry MrsMck. It's pretty heartbreaking. Even if it is early days. You finally get something you thought was basically impossible just to loose it again.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm glad that I tested and got to see that BFP. Especially since if I'd waited till AF I would've never known. Which is exactly what the dr said as well. It's a small bandaid on a pretty big wound, but it did help a bit.

Dr didn't want to do bloods, since all my previous bloods have come back fine, and I did get pregnant she said we'd be better off just trying again and if down the line it's happening again or we're still not successful we'll go from there. Which I'm fine with, cause as she said bloods today would most likely come back showing that I'm pregnant, which is probably going to upset me more. And we already knew that I was pregnant.

We had a big talk (well I blubbered a bit...) about miscarriages. She said that chemical pregnancy term is horrendous. I was pregnant and it was miscarriage. Obviously less heartbreaking now that later on down the track, but it's still sad and that's ok
LillyPilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LillyPilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 11:11am
So sorry to hear your sad news Miswe and Mrs Mck. Sending love and hugs your way.

AFM I tested on Monday night and got a stark BFN so not holding out much hope. Think it's just another wacky cycle for me.
Still exhausted, sore boobs and no AF in sight but will wait another week to test again just to be sure
MrsMcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 12:20pm
Well today has been a complete roller coaster of emotions. Just went to the doctor and they got me to do another test and it came back as a BFP!! So I guess it's back on then? I need to relax and take a break from testing because this is just exhausting. Getting my bloods done tomorrow so hopefully that will shed some light on things.

I'm so sorry about the BFN LillyPilly. :( I hope the next cycle is kinder to you.

Hope you are okay Miswe. Xx Even though it was only for a short time, you were pregnant and you will be again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10631064106510661067 1103>