FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 week wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 1103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 1:47pm
Tan my thoughts - and definitely from experience - temp drops for one day due to implantation so hope it's a good sign for you?

Can I ask - when did you have MC is this your first cycle after and you are still trying? I only ask cause as I said in my post above - my doc has said there is specific research to show that getting preg so soon after delivering a baby can cause you to MC and she seems to think the same about MC and has said we should think about not trying for 3-6 months!!! Yeah right!
And then, funnily enough I was just reading a story about Tori Spelling who had heaps of difficulties with her last pregnancy, like Placenta Previa most likely due to getting pregnant a month after having her baby!! (which is just crazy LOL) and I just thought that was interesting LOL
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Sponsored Links

tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 5:10pm
Storm - thanks for that. I didn't know about the implantation thing so fxd! I did read your post about the research and I found it very interesting but I balked a bit at the waiting part - mainly because I am 39, and don't want to wait any longer. I have given up caffeine though! I had my MC on August 21. I have had one AF 32 days later and my doc told me to count 9 days from the first day of AF and try for the week. We have done that and now the wait is on!

2 Angels - Aug '12 & Mar '13 Always in our hearts.
Dunson33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunson33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 5:57pm

FX Tan

Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 7:46am
Tan I don't blame you - I don't think we will wait either as there is no evidence to show the after affects of MC and I'm pretty sure your body is completely different after carrying a baby for 9 months then giving birth - compared to being pregnant for a short time and having a MC, so I don't think we will wait 3-6 months. Someone said to me, that it would be perfect cause then I can enjoy summer... I could do that if I was pregnant! LOL

TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 8:14am
Storm - I totally know what you mean! I think after suffering the losses that we have, we feel like being pg anytime would be better than not at all!

tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 8:17am
Thanks Dunson for the fingers xd!

tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 7:52pm
Well, my temp has been up and stayed up for 10 days now. I am 8DPO and I got a little impatient...Yes I POAS - the early detection ones, and BFN Silly me, I should wait patiently! I can't believe how impatient I have been really. I have no other symptoms and I know it's way too early anyway. I guess that's why they call it the agonising TWW. And it's only my first cycle! What am I going to be like after a few more??? Feeling so silly right now. The lesson here is to be patient!

epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 11:58am
Hey Tan, hope it was just too early for you!

AFM, I've been quiet for a few days, but I got AF last week, which means I didn't actually ov this cycle. I was seriously gutted for a few days, just so upset since we tried so hard last cycle. Now I'm a little more onwards and upwards and determined to make this cycle count!

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Dunson33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunson33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 3:35pm
Hang in there epic!  And FX tan hopefully it was just too early- its a bit quite in here at the mo -although I should even be in here as not in TWW yet- just like to hang our here!
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 5:53pm
Epic - how do you know you didn't ov? Do you use OPK's? or just chart?

Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 8:28pm
Oh Epic I'm gutted for you :-( this does blow huh! Wow ur chart looks crazy from last cycle! It's gotta be our turn soon
I'm starting to get really down and totally gutted and friends and family having babies and getting pregnant - and notice that the feeling is getting worse
blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 8:44pm
Want to see a crazy chart? Look at mine. I thought I had OVd and so did FF but guess what! I didnt. Day 83 and still counting!!
Do I go to doc or not???

Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 9:51pm
^ I'd go to doc and ask to be referred to either Fertility clinic or an OB GYN
Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by SethsMama SethsMama wrote:

Hey everyone,
I feel a little bit bad for hiding this from most of you but.....I got my BFP 2 weeks ago! ....

I'm sorry you are feeling down tiger_lily. I found it really hard when I didn't get pregnant straight after my miscarriage, but you have to believe there's a reason for timing and enjoy your time with your little girl before number two comes along!

Firstly awesome news on the BFP! That's excellent

Thank you ... This is the kick up the butt I need, I really need to just live in the moment, my wee girl is growing up so fast, I need to enjoy her and the special bond we have. She has such a beautiful soul, lights up my life
Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Storm11 Storm11 wrote:

I'm starting to get really down and totally gutted and friends and family having babies and getting pregnant - and notice that the feeling is getting worse

Im hearing ya! It is hard when friends come up and say "Yay! I''m pregnant!" and while you are genuinely happy for them, a little part of you hurts too.
We all get it, just keep swimming is my motto
(man I really need to,listen to my own advice sometimes! )
Kyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 9:16am
Hay ladies, Can I join you group? My story is that me and my husband have 2 daughters already and we had a moment of passion last night.
We normally just use condoms around O and naturally family planning the rest of the time but I we didn't really think about where abouts my cycle was and when i checked my chart this morning it was my O day yesterday.

So I'll be waiting it out with the rest of you now.
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 11:22am
Tiger-lily I too am genuinely happy for them but it's starting to get less and less genuine I think LOL hard for me too as my chem pregs have all been at the same time someone I know has gotten preg, and they now have lil bubbas

Wow! Blondie! that is a crazy chart!!! I would def be going to the doc to get checked out and see if you are actually OV - and if not - why!
Rebecca96530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca96530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 1:27pm
hey girls, i'm a new member as of 10 minutes ago - was wondering if I could join your group?? I'm almost 36 years old, have a DS who is 2 and have been trying for over a year now for #2 - am feeling the need to chat to people in the same boat as me!
Dunson33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunson33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 8:31pm
Welcome Rebecca and Kyes- of course you are more than welcome.  This is a very supportive group and I have found is really helpful to have people in the same boat!  Hugs to everyone feeling down and out at the moment.  Blondie 80+ days I would be going to the Dr- but thats just my opinion.....  Hope you doing ok
Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 8:32pm
Welcome Rebecca and Kyes.

For those of us that have been here a while we end up flicking between T2WMW and WTO threads.

Fingers crossed you will both be swiftly knocked up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 1103>