FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 week wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 551552553554555 1103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tara13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 3:16pm
Thanks HT and kelz

Congrats phoofy!'
Sponsored Links

bubs2014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bubs2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 6:23pm
Fingers crossed for a positive result when u next test HT. I have been super busy so have probably missed lots. Got married and obviously the school year has started back too, so busy with my new class. Because of this whirlwind i didn't regularly use OPKs. Think i may be about 6dpo when list is updated tomorrow tho :) thanks!
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 6:39pm
Congrats on your marriage bubs2014, I hope it was a lovely day for you and DH and that you get a honeymoon bubba Smile

Good idea Oxy, look forward to hearing about your BFP! Heart

Thanks for your support all. Not confident, but I guess time will decide.
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
bubs2014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bubs2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 6:57pm
Thanks HT! It would literally be a honeymoon baby as I either ov'd that night or within the following 48hrs i think lol :)
mummadiamonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mummadiamonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 8:04pm
Oh so HT the more eggs released the higher the 21 day test?

December 2009 started TTC #1
September 2010 DS1 born
September 2011 started TTC #2
August 2012 DS2 born
July 2013 started TTC #3
April 2015 DS3 born

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 8:30pm
This is a cut and paste from fertility associates

Day 21 Progesterone Measurement 

The corpus luteum is the gland formed in the ovary from the ovulated follicle(s). It makes progesterone and  and estradiol that is secreted in to the blood and causes the lining of the uterus to become secretory. Blood level of progesterone in the middle of the luteal phase > 30nmol/l suggest that the endometrial effect of the progesterone is likely to be sufficient to assist an embryo implanting in the uterus. This progesterone in the blood also feeds back to the pituitary to ensure that little FSH is produced. There is no value in measuring the hormones FSH, LH and E2 at the same time as a Day 21 progesterone because their interpretation is not of any value if the progesterone is raised, as it should be in the mid-luteal phase. 

Why Day 21?

This day is chosen on the assumption that the women are having a 26-30 day cycle, and luteal phase is normal and lasts about 10-14 days after ovulation.  Thus, assuming ovulation is between Days 12-16 , Day 21 is the middle of the luteal phase when the production of progesterone from the corpus luteum gland peaks in an ovulatory cycle (and if there was then pregnancy, the HCG would prevent the corpus luteum from then dying and it would produce even more progesterone).  If ovulation has occurred later than Days 12 – 16, then the progesterone check would be better done a few days later so as to strike the middle of the luteal phase. Conversely, if ovulation has occurred earlier than Day 12, an earlier progesterone test at about Day 18 is required.

Progesterone levels should be interpreted with respect to the number of days before the onset of the next period. Luteal function ( and hence ovulation) cannot be assumed if the period starts < 5 days later or > 9 days after the blood test.

Possible interpretation of results assuming the test is properly timed are:

1. Progesterone  > 30nmol/l – ovulation has occurred and the corpus luteum is producing sufficient progesterone to induce adequate secretory changes in the endometrium to assist implantation.
2. Progesterone 3-30 nmol/l – ovulation has occurred > 10 days ago or < 5 days ago, or if ovulation did occurr 5-10 days ago, the level is probably not adequate to sustain endometrial growth for satisfactory implantation. 
3. Progesterone >120 nmol/l – two or more follicles have been recruited
4. Progesterone < 3nmol/l – no ovulation in previous 14 days.
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Tara13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tara13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 8:48pm
Wow HT! So 201 sounds like at least 3 eggs?!
We all have high hopes for you! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 9:05pm
Hi again
It is great that I have had experienced positive ovulation (for so long that wasn't happening) but unfortunately there is no guarantee that we converted those into pregnancy. While clomid stimulates ovulation, that only equals the playing field to everything being average. Most women my age (with no problems with fertility) only have a 10-15% chance of getting pregnant each cycle. Clomid can also cause side effects such as hostile mucous and a thin lining. The first can be somewhat countered by using pre-seed (we did), taking EPO in the first half of the cycle (yup I did), and even taking robotussim muscus thinning cough medicine (we didn't). A thin lining can stop successful implantation, there is no way of knowing what the lining is doing without an u/s. We haven't, this has been an unmonitored cycle except for the 7dpo test which I did approx 8dpo.  All that being said, I would be jumping and up and down with excitement if I hadn't got a BFN at 10dpo and if my boobs were tingling (which they aren't).

I am trying not to get my hopes up too much, as it will be gutting enough when AF arrives. We are so ready for this pregnancy, it would be such a blessing. I really hope it is this cycle, and if not this one, really soon. In the meantime, I will keep losing my weight and getting my body ready to carry a healthy and happy pregnancy with a healthy and happy baby/babies at the end of it.

Thanks for your support ladies, I really appreciate it. It has been a long road. The joy of TTC got a bit stretched there for a while. xxx.
P.S. all prayers, blessing, and meditations for this to be our cycle will be gratefully received Smile

Fingersxd4#2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fingersxd4#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 9:13pm
Hugs HT, I have very thing crossed for this or next cycle for you xx
Jun 08 - TTC #1
Dec 11 - Found out I was UTD
Jul 12 - DD was born
Jan 13 - TTC #2
May 14 - Early Miscarriage from final round of 50mg Clomid
Dec 14 - Miscarriage at 8.5weeks from 100mg Clomid
bubs2014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bubs2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 9:29pm
Good luck HT. Will continue to think of you.

Edited by bubs2014 - 08 February 2014 at 9:30pm
Mikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 10:05pm
9dpo today but have been feeling really weird, quite bad cramping on 7 and 8dpo but little to non today and really sore boobs since last night and the odd bout if nausea, took a test and I know it's too early but BFN of course, I just like to torture myself really! Feel quite bloated, but who knows what this cycle is going to bring could be 25 day cycle or could be 30 again...time will tell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 10:08pm
That all sounds really good Mikki. I can't wait to see your BFP Smile
pink.lolly View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pink.lolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 10:21pm
Well hopefully this works! Took a hpt this morning with hubby and a bfp turned up almost immediately! I wouldn't let us look at it again until 3 mins had passed incase it was trying to trick me but it was there! So much darker and stronger than my chem pg last month - so excited and cautious at the same time. Will keep retesting and book a docs appointment for next week,
Eek!!!

Edited by pink.lolly - 08 February 2014 at 10:22pm
Leishamaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Leishamaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 10:28pm
*LURKER*
Fantastic line pink.lolly! Congratulations!

</a

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 10:46pm
Yay! Congrats pink. What wonderful news, so happy for you Smile Clap
Wahoo with you and Phoofy in one day, it appears that we are on a run. With so many coming into the testing window it could be a wonderful couple of days. 
Bring it on Clap
Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2014 at 6:40am
I had to go outside this morning to do something this was before taking my temp. So when I took my temp 5 minutes after coming back inside. My temp was really low. Do you think my temp dropped beause I went outside?

TTC#1 Jan 2009
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2014 at 7:07am
Yay congrats pink lolly that's a good strong bfp

It's so hard trying to not poas have had a bit of cramping and little bit cranky so could b either way still
Proud Mum of Ella 3yrs and Noah 20months
mummadiamonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummadiamonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2014 at 7:51am
Congrats poofy and pink! Woohoo!!

December 2009 started TTC #1
September 2010 DS1 born
September 2011 started TTC #2
August 2012 DS2 born
July 2013 started TTC #3
April 2015 DS3 born

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fingersxd4#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2014 at 7:53am
Your temp will be unreliable oxy. When you get up your temp will go either way.
Jun 08 - TTC #1
Jul 12 - DD was born
Jan 13 - TTC #2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fingersxd4#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2014 at 7:54am
Congrats phoofy and pink. Fingers xd for a smooth 8 months
Jun 08 - TTC #1
Jul 12 - DD was born
Jan 13 - TTC #2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 551552553554555 1103>