FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 week wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 1103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mrs Impatient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Impatient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 7:07pm
Hi Girls

Pepi-bebe - FX for you, hope we both get the result we have been waiting for

Tiger_lily - Sorry that DH went to sleep, hopefully you've already done all you need to for this month. Mine DH works shifts and it makes it hard when it's all about timing

Emily - Good luck FX for you. I understand you wanting to test 3 times a day. I would be too if I was in your position

Kumeroa - FX crossed for you too

EpicTraveller - That sucks that you had such a bad experience with your OFS. I too have had some bad experiences but unfortunately there's not much you can do when they are the only ones you can go and see. I hope your appointment goes well

TTC Mar 2011
4 IUI all BFN
IVF Dec BFP
Sponsored Links

epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:21am
Hi Mrs Impatient! Haven't seen you here before!

So had my scan this morning and I have an 11mm follicle - I just did a quick google and it looks like they grow 1-2mm a day, so hopefully in the next week I will ovulate? She said everything looks anatomically normal which I am STOKED about!!

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Dunson33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunson33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 3:06pm
Thats great news Epic !
Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 8:59pm
Make me stop!! I keep thinking we're going to have a winter baby and keep buying Merino baby stuff on trademe!!
Embarresing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mrs Impatient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 6:31pm
Hi EpicTravleler - I have only recently discovered this forum and it is so nice to talk to others that understand how I am feeling

Tigerlily - I know the feeling I started trawling Trade Me too, haven't bought anything though as I bought some stuff last year and DH said no more until we are successful.

I have once again turned into a psycho thinking about if I UTD or not 24/7, even to the point where I have worked out I could tell people at Christmas time because I would be 2 days off 12 weeks
Wish I could just relax and go with the flow but when you want something so bad and you can't control it, it drives me crazy!

Still trying to get our appt with FA sorted, they are being really difficult. I have an appt booked for 02/11 because I want to start IUI treatment if we are not successful this month but they have told me I have to lose another 3 kg's before I can proceed with treatment even though we are gong private??? Has anyone else had any issues like this? Yes I am overweight but I have been trying and have lost 7 of the 10 kg's they wanted me to lose, just want to get on with it !!!1 Arrrrggghhhhhhhhhh

TTC Mar 2011
4 IUI all BFN
IVF Dec BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Mrs Impatient Mrs Impatient wrote:

I have once again turned into a psycho thinking about if I UTD or not 24/7, even to the point where I have worked out I could tell people at Christmas time because I would be 2 days off 12 weeks

I have so done this.....

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by epictraveller epictraveller wrote:

Originally posted by Mrs Impatient Mrs Impatient wrote:

I have so done this.....

oooh ... hadn't thought about this, I would be 10 weeks at Christmas

GAH! FX for all of us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mrs Impatient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 6:24pm
Thanks EpicTraveller and Tigerlily, you help to keep me sane
I am usually such a laid back person who doesn't stress too much but this wait that I cannot control is driving me mental
One week to go and I can test

Wishing BFP's to EVERYONE on this thread

TTC Mar 2011
4 IUI all BFN
IVF Dec BFP
n00b_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote n00b_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 9:57am
Hi ladies,
Sounds like we could all do with a big round of BFP in here!
Mrs Impatient - I count forward to when I could tell people EVERY cycle
fingers crossed for your OV Epic
Tiger Lilly - Luckily I haven't started buying anything for our next baby...yet. But I still go crazy buying things for DD - honestly I have got gifts for her that are for when she is 7! I'll see a book or something on sale and go "Wow that is SUCH a great deal, DD would love that when she is in primary school..." DH thinks I am insane.

AFM - I just had day 14 bloods done. After a 45min wait at the Labtest at 8am. Who knew Saturday morning were so super busy?
I have just recovered from a horrible tummy bug (DD picked it up in daycare and it has knocked us out since the start of Labour weekend - even put DD in hospital due to dehydration!)

The weird thing is I'm using FF (as I'm sure many of you are). For two days when I was totally out of it with this bug I didn't take my BBT. Anyway FF has now come back, recalculated my OV dates and said that I OV'd on CD8!?! I normally have 32 day cycles! FF says that this cycle is only going to be 24 days.

I'm still charting and BD as I think I'm going to OV around the 30th of the month. I'm sure I'll see another dip and spike in my BBT next week, then FF will "recalculate" again.

Has anyone had a really intense stomach bug (or illness) affect their cycle, especially make the cycle shorter? I've heard of sickness delaying AF, but never bringing it forward.

Lots of sticky baby dust and OV dust to all

n00b
Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 1:32pm
I have sore mammorys! (can't use real word on work computer!!)

must.not.get.too.excited!!

8 days till AF due .... gah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 9:10pm
Eek! FX Tiger!!

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 9:58pm
Hey Ladies can I jump in here? I'm only on CD1 but the Waiting for Ov thread is always dead. We are back TTC after miscarrying for the second time in September, this is the first AF since. I feel like I'm going out of my mind wanting to get pregnant, it's starting to consume every spare minute I have.
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 10:47pm
Mum2ollie I am in the same boat as you, I have barely been on here since the MC but AF has arrived and every day I think about having a baby. According to FF my forecasted fertile dates are smack bang over the weekend of my 30th party, when we will possibly have a house full of guests.. typical!

I didn't even want to celebrate turning 30, I still don't really but I know if I don't do something I'll regret it.

Have most of you completely stopped drinking alcohol while TTC? Or just really limited your intake? I didn't stop outright before the MC but once I found out I did, and since then I have totally lost the taste for 90% of drinks! My friends who don't know we are TTC or had the MC are going to think it so unlike me to be off the wine.. lol
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 11:44pm
Ohhh a few of us are in here (or about to be like me - I'm expecting to ovulate tomorrow or Monday). Exciting. I'm another TTC after two miscarriages. I wish us all the best of luck!

Kalika - I do 3 months of pre-conception care, it's hard work but really worthwhile in my opinion and I'm sure it (combined with charting) has been one of the main things to help me get pregnant so easily (given that I have existing thyroid issues that could make it hard to conceive). So the basics of that (preferanly for both parties) include no alcohol, no / very limited caffeine, lots of organic fruit and vegies, basically no processed food etc. it's hard, but I've been vigilant on it This time for the last 5 mths! Plus I've been seeing an naturopath, doing her recommended detoxes and supplements and seeing an accupuncturist. I've poured my fixation into action (as we don't have sperm on tap, so I needed to be doing something to make it feel like we were getting closer.)

Hopefully it helps me get hapu and keep this baby!

Oct 11 & Mar 12
blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 12:15am
My fingers are crossed for you Pepi. I really hope it's your month

Well I am 9DPO and have not much hope for this month though I have just been sick. Unusual for me. It could just be something I ate though, had a few different things today. Is it too early to be sick if I was UTD???

I've just taken my temp and it's a dip. When does implantation happen? I told myself I wouldn't sympton spot but I e waited nearly 100 days for this!

Edited by blondie23 - 28 October 2012 at 8:02am

mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 12:39am
Oh wow a few of us TTC after MC.
RE: drinking, I don't drink alcohol ever. At all. Lol so not an issue. I have been taking pre conception vitamins though. I just want this to happen quickly! I know a couple of people who are pregnant and honestly sometimes I am so so jealous. Grrr why is baby making so hard!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Impatient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:00am
n00bmum - Thanks helps me feel less crazy to know there are others out there who do the same. Haven't had any bugs or anything messying with my cycle, so can't shed any light there. Hope your cycle sorts itself out shortly

Tiger-Lily - I am 4 days to when AF is due and have sore boobs, headaches and cramps (I get menstral migraines) so never know if this is just AF coming or something else. FX crossed for us

mum2ollie - Good luck for your upcoming ov

kalika - Welcome, Understand where you are coming from I seem to get obsessed and then can't stop thinking about the baby thing. Enjoy your 30th

Pepe-bebe - Good luck for the BD this month. Sending sticky baby dust your way

blondie23 - We are about the same I am 10DPO today and counting down the days til I can test. In saying that I have been having all the normal AF signs but there are also UPD signs so don't know what to think. I was very positive at the begining and not so much now.

TTC Mar 2011
4 IUI all BFN
IVF Dec BFP
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:04am
I admire you Pepi-bebe for your dedication! When your chances are decreased already it makes perfect sense to do everything in your power to increase them

I too have been taking a daily vitamin and folic acid but nothing else in terms of pre-pregnancy prep.

I'm hoping TTC won't becoming all-consuming and we can just take it quietly like last time but once you have been there with end dates and hopes and dreams it makes a little more real the second time around.. I would be 12 weeks today

Edited by kalika - 28 October 2012 at 9:05am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Impatient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:33am
Aw Kalika, my heart goes out to you xx
Hope you can get through this difficult time and are successful soon

TTC Mar 2011
4 IUI all BFN
IVF Dec BFP
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 11:26am
Kalika, oh the anniversaries and significant dates are so hard :( Stick with it though, the grieving becomes less and the hope becomes more real. If you decide you want some more (natural) help, I've heard that there is an awesome naturopath in Christchurch. Her name is Jo Barnett and she works for the same group as my naturopath (Loula George). A woman on the everybody forum told me about her (the woman Francesca Naish that she studied under is an internationally renowned guru in natural fertility). Check out: http://www.naturalfertility-womenshealth.co.nz/profiles.html

Mrs impatient - thanks for the good luck wishes, but no BD'ing in household lol, I'm gay and our donor is my wife's brother lol, so it's a plastic stork (DIY insemination) all the way ;-)

Blondie!! I had an implantation dip on day 9 with my first pregnancy, an implantation dip on day 7-9 is not unsusual and can be a VERY GOOD sign :-D I hope it's that way for you.

AFM, I've had my pre-ov dip and a rise this morning, plus a +ve OPK and fertility friends shows my most fertile days were Thu, Fri & Sat - the three days we tried, so I'm sitting back waiting for that egg to go meet her suitor and settle in for a loooong ride :-D

Best best best wishes to us all, especially those TTC after a MC or two!!!

Oct 11 & Mar 12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 1103>