FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 week wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 918919920921922 1103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kurryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 9:25am
Fingers crossed missk! Let us know!!!
Sponsored Links

missK172589 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missK172589 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 10:32am
tested negative..... still hope?

the joys of ttc
kurryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 10:36am
Its not over till AF arrives is it? *hugs*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missK172589 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 10:45am
thats the one!!! oh well
Darkangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 12:39pm
Sorry to hear that MissK, fingers crossed for the next one!
sabelen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabelen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 12:45pm
How long after going off the pill did you get AF back? Going on a 28 day cycle mine should have been due yesterday but so far no signs or symptoms

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missK172589 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 2:11pm
sabelen- hello! everyone is different
kurryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 2:18pm
I have decided google is not my friend today. At the same time, Ive learnt more about the woman's body than I ever knew in the past 2 weeks. What also amazes me is how many forums there are out there all talking about exactly the same things as what we are!

Interestingly I learnt that, in fact, I could have only just implanted yesterday or today hence my BFN. We reeeeeeeeeealllly must wait until AF is due minimum to be testing. Why is that bit so hard? I think Im going to do what you did missk and no longer buy tests until AF is due. Otherwise its too tempting to test.
Lesh77777 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesh77777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 2:25pm
Sorry you got a negative MissK but its not over yet! I want some bfp buddies on here this month so fingers crossed xxx I just had my bloods done as I wanted to check progesterone levels are ok and not a contributor of recent 2 losses. Should get them back by tomorrow. Felt a bit silly when I rang fertility clinic to get form and said that period wasn't actually due until Friday but I knew I was pregnant!
Darkangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 2:37pm
Ha Kurryn, I'm the same - have been reading so much and there's so much to learn! Have you been using an app to track? I have two - my regular period tracker and I started using fertility friend which is a but more in depth. It's definitely not an exact science - and I thought I was pretty regular and so it should be simple but there's so much more to it!

I've found forums to have good 'real life' advice, it's good to know you're not the only one sometimes!

I'm sure the clinic has heard it all Lesh, doesn't sound silly to me
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 6:15pm
sabelen - after I came off the pill (many years ago) it took 4 mths to get AF again, and around 12 mths to actually start ovulating. Everyone is different - some ladies are back to normal almost right away, but the unlucky few can take a year. 
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
kurryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2015 at 8:22am
MissK - how you doing this morning - any signs of AF or otherwise?

I resisted the urge to test again today, Im now hanging out till Saturday (I actually feel good about this as the BFN yesterday got me really down).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missK172589 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2015 at 5:43pm
i feel cramps
Darkangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2015 at 8:38pm
I was in my Zumba class tonight and had a sudden realisation about this giant pimple that's come up on my chin was the usual hormonal acne I get the week before AF. As soon as class finished I had to Google and it doesn't necessarily mean I can't be pregnant as it's pretty common because it's all the same hormones! That's part of the reason why symptom spotting is a bit pointless!

But I was surprised at how sad I felt until I Googled it! I'm going to test Sunday even though it will still be 2 days until AF. I'd rather test on a weekend day!
kurryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 8:15am
MissK - sorry to hear that. I'm assuming that means AF is on its way?

Darkangel, I have a massive pimple brewing under the skin near my chin too.

Ive actually woken up feeling quite resigned to being out of the race this month, even though AF is not due yet. And am in a sh*tty as mood too, which makes me think AF will probably show up on Saturday (like I am so grumpy with DH today for not much reason) - I do suffer from 'angry pms'.

I simply can't believe how many symptoms I had this month of pregnancy. Kind of blown away. I spent 2 weeks feeling unwell and crappy. If AF does show, and we have another go next month, I really don't want to feel crap for 2 weeks again!
ZethansMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZethansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 8:40am
Lesh – Have you heard back about your progesterone levels yet? Hope you get some positive results :-)

Miss K – sorry about the BFN – defnitely not over to till AF shows though! Cramps can happen before the BFP, so here's hoping it's pregnancy and not AF about to show!

Kurryn – I’m holding out to test till Saturday too...i’m so impatient! I’ve had lots of symptoms as well – super tired, cramps, nausea, sensitive boobs...could be positive signs, but I know that when I was got my BFP with Zethan (and it was on my AF due date, 14DPO) I had pretty much no symptoms until a few days after the BFP! But every pregnancy is different. Here's hoping it means something for both of us!!

DarkAngel – symptom spotting is so easy to do...been doing it all week! It's hard when everything could be pregnancy, or could be for other reasons!

I'm seriously trying to tell myself that I'm out this month...so I won't be quite so disappointed! I think I'm 11DPO, AF due Monday. Am trying to hold out testing till at least Saturday...but kinda tempted to test early.
kurryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 8:50am
Don't do it ZethansMum - if you get that BFN you will just feel crappy! That is why I have left it till Saturday when AF is due. I am clockwork so if I get AF it WILL happen Saturday. Like you I am just convincing myself I am out. It just seems easier than dealing with possible disappointment at the time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZethansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 8:51am
Haha....yeah I'm trying to be strong!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZethansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 8:57am
Yesterday I just got accepted onto this research programme with Auckland Uni, that I'm super keen on being apart of. It's for women trying to conceive. They provide a pregnancy vitamin drink that has every recommended vitamin for pregnant women for the entire pregnancy, monitor your blood sugars closely, and do 5 scans throughout the pregnancy. And in my situation, why wouldn't I want extra care and monitoring?!! However, I can't get pregnant for 28 days after my first appointment (which is next Friday)...which sux big time. So, even though I really want to get pregnant, if I'm not pregnant this time round, I won't be too disappointed as I also really want to be apart of this study. I'm so torn!   

Edited by ZethansMum - 29 October 2015 at 8:58am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missK172589 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 12:45pm
Af isn't due for 5 days.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 918919920921922 1103>