FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe mighty 2 week wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 957958959960961 1103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ZethansMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZethansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 4:57pm
Mami, I can imagine that it sees surreal! So exciting!

I'm quite lucky that we had a couple of things that ended up becoming themes for Zethan, but I can imagine that without these it would be very difficult to come up with an idea. I guess the common ones such as angels, handprints, footprints and butterflies can all look nice if tastefully designed. As far as I know (I'm going to talk to quite a few tattoo artists to hear their opinions), the risk is for HIV and Hepatitis. Sounds pretty scary, but the risk is SO small, and is of course due to not having clean equipment...I would hope that in most tattoo studios in NZ, our standards would be pretty good? Will hopefully find out more info in the coming weeks just in case I find myself pregnant at the time.

I reckon your doctor should cover the essentials. Of course you'll be sent for a blood test to confirm, check to make sure you're taking folic acid and iodine and then it's up to you to find a midwife/obstetrician. Do you think you'll ask for a dating scan? I reckon it's definitely worth it in any pregnancy, but moreso after having a loss. I had one in my pregnancy, at about 8 weeks. Was so reassuring seeing the heartbeat.
Sponsored Links

Mummabear16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummabear16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 7:27pm
I second having a dating scan! I've always kicked myself that I didn't get one first time around. To get a confirmed due date, for peace of mind, and for the fact that it was torture waiting for the 12 week scan
Lildudesez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lildudesez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 7:28pm
Joining the party a bit late here, was waiting for news on the other thread.
Congrats Mami! Awesome news!
Have decided one more cycle for me couldn't leave it like it was!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummabear16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 7:58pm
Hopefully this is your lucky last cycle Lildudesez - emphasis on the lucky!
Mami Smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 8:12pm
Oh hey lildudesez!! Yeh you def need to join this thread its awesome I was meaning to put my news on there but hhaven't had a chance!
Yeh one more cycle, surely you can still do business thingy preggy? It was you who is starting a new business a?

Who's testing next? ?? BABY DUST ALL OVER THE DAM PLACE    that's a little person throwing it everywhere, like I got sand thrown all over me today haha!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummabear16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 8:19pm
Haha! You are awesome Mami

After today's testing, I'm very comfortable with waiting until Friday to see if AF arrives. If it doesn't, then I'll test first thing on Monday! Just to really make sure it's not late. If my BFP arrives, then I can plan how to surprise hubby when he gets back from work

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 8:34pm
Hehe have to share the love somehow

Sounds like a good plan for testing, and be so cool to surprise hubby when he gets home, does he work 'away'? Must make things hard at times with ttc that's for sure!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummabear16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 8:47pm
Oh nah, he works in town which is a 5-10 minute from us. I should've put in when he gets back from work that night lol. Although he's soon going to be starting a new job in Wellington city, so he'll have to commute, which means longer hours etc. So if we aren't successful by then, I've informed him that he still needs the strength to BD lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 8:49pm
Hahaha good work! Just gotta find the strength somewhere haha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummabear16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 9:00pm
Exactly You girls are awesome! Seriously! This is the only place where I can talk/complain/vent about this TTC business and you 100% get it lol. Now can Friday just hurry up and get here so I know either way what's happening...... ha!
ZethansMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZethansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2016 at 9:33am
haha, I agree Mummabear, it really is so good having this place to discuss our journeys and vent when needed!

It really is a tough when the hubby works late or has to commute etc. Here's hoping you're successful by then! That has certainly been our challenge in the last couple of months. My hubby has rotating shifts, and seriously EVERY month when I'm ovulating, he happens to have the late shifts! I work during the day, and he works till 10pm (don't get home till 11pm due to dropping workmates off and then stupid roadworks that close the motorway and detours us) and then he comes home way too shattered to do anything. How the hell are we supposed to make babies?! hahaha... Ahhhh my venting is done.
antheawren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2016 at 9:53am
This sounds so awful zenthans Mum but last month I told my hubby to wank and come see me when he was ready for the end result! Trying to conceive especially after a long time becomes such a chore and it's all about the end result!

Miscarriage 5 1/2 weeks Nov 14
Miscarriage 6 weeks September 15
Indigo Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2016 at 10:25am
Urgh I hate work schedules that always seem to fall when you're ovulating.. So fustrating when you know you're good to go but dh is out working boo!
I'm still a bfn (holy crap I've done some tests this cycle) but I'm either 13/14 dpo so I am loving my LP this cycle! Yessss.. Winning. I think next cycle might be a write off though as partner will be away boo hoo.
I figure I can't be pregnant otherwise testing would have picked it up by now..
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5dhttp://FertilityFriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5b/url%5d
Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2016 at 10:28am
Indigo that sucks you are getting bfn what test are you using?

Edited by Oxy - 16 February 2016 at 10:28am

TTC#1 Jan 2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2016 at 11:25am
Oxy - first response so should be seeing something by now if I was going to I reckon! My cycle length always used to be around 30 days before miscarriage saga.. So maybe I'll get AF tomorrow .. That would be a perfect 14/15 day LP :)
How are you doing this cycle Oxy?
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5dhttp://FertilityFriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5b/url%5d
Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2016 at 11:38am
We haven't had much luck with bding in the last few months which sucks. something always gets in the ways. Last December I had a back injury dp had a leg injury, January and feb dp tells me he is too hot and tired to have sex. also in feb I had a sore ankle.

I know injuries shouldn't get in the way of having sex but when your aren't feeling the best it does.

TTC#1 Jan 2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2016 at 12:01pm
Yeah defiantly, when life gets busy and stressful plus injuries it's hard to make bd work out! Hopefully better luck for next cycle X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummabear16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2016 at 12:20pm
Anthea, you totally crack me up. I can so see myself saying something like to hubby as well lmao.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mami Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2016 at 12:36pm
Naw booo for you guys whose hubbys work annoying hours! That would def make things that bit more of a mission huh!

Oh man Indigo, what a pain in the arss, but like you say atleast your LP is getting back to normal

Oh my god Anthea, you actually crack me up!! If I said that to my hubby he would prob kick me out hahaha You guys should try the wank in a cup thing and a syringe if worse came to worse hehehe

I got another faint line this morning but it is only AF due date today, and I thought back and I have never tested earlier than at least 4 days after late AF so maybe im just a slow starter!
I have Dr appointment first thing Thursday morning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummabear16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2016 at 12:39pm
Eeeekkk! How exciting Mami
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 957958959960961 1103>