FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC after miscarriage/loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 153>
Author
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2014 at 6:25pm
Sorry to hear about the loss chandy :-( it must have been so hard getting past the 12 week point then to get that news. I hope you are holding up as well.

Thanks for asking apfel! I'm ok. Spotting only just stopped yesterday. We're taking a break until ivf next year. I've decided to quit my lab job cause of the exposure to chemicals and the stress for next year (will finish at the end of the school year). How are you getting on?

Talz and mac and seaview... great to hear from our graduates. I miss you girls. X
Sponsored Links

Chandy007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chandy007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2014 at 8:37pm
Thanks for the responses guys, as much as I don't want to be in this group (which I'm pretty sure none of us want to be here) it's nice knowing there are others who are going through/have been through the same thing. And I'm sure after a bit more time we'll make a concrete decision, I would love to be able to give my 2 and a half year old a sibling! That may be the thing that sways us more toward trying again...we'll see. Talz I hope your midwife appointment gave you some reassurance today, and all the best for your scan next Monday, hopefully the excitement overpowers the fear! And it's great to hear a success story like yours Mac, gives us a bit of hope!
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2014 at 9:11pm
Hi Chandy - our first MC was at 12 weeks (baby died at 8 we think), we tried again immediately as we were using a donor who needed to leave the country - were successful on the 3rd try - really only 2.5 mths after the first MC(which was spontaneous - so no medical care at all). The innocence was lost for sure, but we got confident at 5 weeks when I started to get morning sickness which I hadn't had with the previous pregnancy. The MS got progressively worse till I was basically sofa-ridden for weeks 8-10, but happy as I thought that meant all was well. A couple of days out from 12 weeks I started bleeding and an emergency scan showed that perfect little baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks too.
Then we couldn't try for over 6 mtgs as we waited for our donor to come back, tried for 7 very stressful tries - thinking I'd have no issues getting pregnant - just keeping it. But couldn't get pregnant. Since then it's been 16 long months of being able to try until we found a new donor and started IUI through a clinic last month. Been scary but just exciting to finally be trying. the grieving went on for the whole time for me (from Oct 11 till now really) as we weren't able to try or were unsuccessful on the few times that we could. It's been so very hard.
Last month I got pregnant but it was a chemical one and it stopped after a week. 

However this month we got strong positives on the weekend and the beta today showed a great result - so we are officially pregnant again. We are praying for 3rd time lucky. But to be honest, I'm finding it hard to believe and I feel sad that all of my innocence is lost and I guess I'll never feel that 'on top of the world - this is all I ever wanted' feeling of being wonderfully deliriously pregnant again.  Maybe after 12 weeks???

Oct 11 & Mar 12
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2014 at 10:23pm
Oh to be innocent and naive again! I know I won't feel 'safe' till after the anatomy scan when we try again, I'm sure the constant vomiting will keep me busy till that date though - how weird to actually look forward to feeling miserable again :-)
ShannonMac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2014 at 8:04am
Hi everyone, I'm sorry to hear those of you enduring further bad luck and heartache, it's just awful. :( I am on day 24 of my cycle and absolutely dreading the likelihood of getting my period in the next few days and being disappointed, frustrated and heartbroken again for the fifth month..... I'm not being pessimistic but there was a tinge of blood when I went to the toilet this morning, my heart is sinking.....

On another note, I thought I would just let you know (all of you that may not be aware) that it is Baby Loss Awareness Week this week (from 9th-15th October). I should have posted this on 9th October so that you were at least all aware of it, sorry! :(

Todd and I are honoured for our tiny angel Hope's feet castings model to be used for the official Baby Loss Awareness pin worldwide. Now she is giving back to many others in our situation as well. :) Sarah from Baby Loss NZ is kindly sending us a pin to keep, plus three extras to give to both our parents. It really is beautiful and special. Now, we just want a perfect, healthy little baby sister and brother for Hope and Our Little Angel....xxoo
Miscarriage, Our Little Angel (November 2013)
Edwards Syndrome, Hope Maggie (April 2014)
Now TTC our perfect, healthy baby number one.
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 9:54am
Hi a.girl. Glad to hear you're ok, the change of jobs might be good for a bit of a life change too, hopefully with the change comes lots of positive new things.
Things have been really good but not completely uneventful. I had to go to A&E on Friday night with a bleed which thankfully only lasted 5 mins. It was so scary, I ended up being admitted and stayed the night in the gyno ward. I was terrified but baby was as happy as Larry the whole time and then on Monday the hospital called and got me back in for a follow up scan and appointment with a doctor. Things seem perfectly normal though and they don't know why I had a bleed. Fingers crossed big time it was a one off!
Sarah_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 12:11pm
Hi everyone, really glad I've found this forum you all seem like lovely girls. Hope you don't mind me joining.
We have just had our 3rd miscarriage, tomorrow will be 3 weeks since the d&c. We had two miscarriages years ago then conceived our daughter Ava who is now 17 months. We waited a while till the time was right to try again and took a few months to get pregnant. We were overjoyed when we found out and naively thought everything would be fine but were so wrong :( many weeks of tests and scans and feeling very sick to find out our wee baby wasn't growing probably then eventually the heartbeat stopped. Obviously we have been feeling devastated but we really want to try again. We have an appointment with an ob on 6 nov to discuss help for trying to conceive again and I am really holding out for that. She has done the recurrent loss blood tests which I've not heard anything from. She said if nothing is wrong with them she will be starting me on high dose folic acid, low dose asprin, steriods around implantation and more injections to thin my blood. Hoping I will get my period back before then so we can start trying. My cycles are all over the show though. Really hoping we can have another, just can't get it off my mind at the moment.
Sorry to hear of all your losses, thinking of you all.
There was one thing I wanted to ask - can any of you recommend what I can do to get my body into the best shape possible to conceive?? Just healthy eating and exercise or is there anything else I can do? Just want to be proactive as I can.
Lovely to meet you all, under such awful circumstances. Looking forward to getting to know you all some more xx
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 1:25pm
Hi Sarah - So sorry you have to join our exclusive club.
I had my 3rd m/c in June so we are in a similar position.

In other exciting news - I got my BFP yesterday!!!! So here's hoping 4th time's the charm!

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
Sarzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 5:57pm
Welcome Sarah, sorry that you need to join :(
In terms of your cycle being all over the show, I've started taking Vitex this month and it seems to be working so far! Pretty sure I ov on day 15 this month and last month it was day 29.

OMG congratulations NZveggie! Everything crossed that this is the one for you
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 6:26pm
So sorry Sarah :( I got acupunture regularly and saw a naturopath after my mc. Cut out alcohol caffeine and refined sugar as much as possible.
Another thing in my case was that I got MTHFR testing done - it showed i have two gene mutations which means I don't convert folic acids to folate (the version your body uses) very well and if I take high doses of folic acid I can block my receptors to absorbing any folate at all. Apparently it's quite an uncommon test in NZ but my naturopath said in my case it was worth it.
NZVeg SO happy for you!!!!
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 6:30pm
Something else I started to try after my mc when TTC again was maca powder in smoothies? Not sure how effective it is but perhaps a naturopath could help? Me and my partner were also taking fertility supplements and CoQ10 through the naturopath...
Chandy007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chandy007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 9:32pm
Sorry you've had to join us in here Sarah, the other ladies are really supportive though, and it's nice knowing you're not alone x

Congrats NZVeg!! How exciting for you!

Just out of curiosity, those who are trying again/have tried and are now UTD, how many cycles did you wait before trying? Some things I've read say to try whenever you're ready, others say to wait at least 3 months etc. There seems to be conflicting advice everywhere...

Edited by Chandy007 - 15 October 2014 at 9:33pm
Chandy007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chandy007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 9:43pm
And congrats Pepi, that's a long wait you've had, I hope this is you take home baby/babies! Hopefully as the weeks go by you'll start getting that deliriously happy "I'm Pregnant!!" feeling back!
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 10:16pm
We ended up waiting 3x cycles from the mc but only 2x cycles after my second d&c. GP and naturopath had told me I could try aging after one cycle if I felt ready emotionally.
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 10:18pm
I haven't waited after any of my pregnancies! My body doesn't seem to allow me to get pregnant te first cycle anyway!! So far I've gotten pregnant 2ndcycle, 4th cycle and now 3rd cycle after m/c. The time it took 4 cycles I had a fairly traumatic d&c with retained products before that so I think it was my body saying 'not ready yet'.

As for getting healthy. I exercise most days and try and eat healthy. I take folic acid and iodine. That's it. I have mostly cut out alcohol although having said that this BFP cycle I drank heaps during the wait to ov and around ov because we had guests. Had a couple of drinks most nights which is unusual for me!!

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 12:57pm
woohoo veggie sooo happy for you! xxx
welcome Sarah, hope you find support in this group and your stay isnt long..
afm hubby away from today until next friday, just in time to get back to catch ov.. im currently in detox mode. pretty much fruit and veges (and a few other things) no preservatives, no additives, no caffiene (it hurts!!) no dairy no meat....day 4 and starting to feel awesome.. day 2 and 3 i had a migraine the whole time though.. desperately needing a cuppa i think lol but goes to show how hooked you can get without even knowing it. but now im feeling really good! just had a big fruit salad for lunch, it was yummo! hoping it helps reset my system a bit..wishing id done this right after my MC, could have really helped. but never too late, right? so hopefully it at least gets all the rubbish out my system so if we dont get lucky before my FA appointment im ready and rearing to go for any other drugs they give me etc. feels like im being proactive in the meantime anyway! day off work tomorrow, might take DD3 to the ag day at the school up the road in the evening...do something fun anyways :)
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 3:13pm
Hi all - thanks for the congrats Chandy :-) Another beta tomorrow - so hopefully the results will make it all seem more real!
Sarah - I echo the others - if you are serious about doing pre-conception care and want to do it naturally then consider going to a naturopath.
I see Loula George at Motherwell in Mt Eden and she has a phenomenal reputation - is super thorough, realistic enough to come up with alternate ideas if her suggestions for diet changes or supplements won't work for you etc. She (and most practitioners) suggest 3 months of pre-sconception care, for both partners preferably.
The reason we believe that I had 2 MC's, which likely would have been more but I've no been pregnant since toll just now - due to a scarcity of sperm ;-), is due to me having anti-thyroid antibodies  - they attack my thyroid making it flip between hyper and hypo (either of which can make TTC difficult and MC's more likely), but awfully, it can also attack the foetus in-utero. With her help and diet changes (same as the others - no sugar, caffeine, alcohol, gluten, soy etc) and a regime of supplements we have more than halved my antibodies and also by her being willing to also prescribe western medicines - thyroxine - my thyroid is way more under control now. The dietary changes were strict whole I was trying to make those initial big changes but now it's more maintenance so I 'avoid' rather than don't have at all. (Obviously I don't drink alcohol while TTC lol). 
I just started TTC last onto, had a chemical pregnancy and now have had a decent blood test on Mon - hope for another good one tomorrow, then will have constant monitoring of my levels and also my thyroid.... fingers crossed!

Oct 11 & Mar 12
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 7:28pm
I'm also seeing a naturopath and acupuncturist at Mother well in mt eden :)
Sarah_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 7:32pm
Thanks for the advice girls :) going to be contacting a naturopath and accupuncturist ASAP. Really wanna get my body in too condition!
Talz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 10:12pm
Sorry you had to join Sarah, but the girls in here were/are great to help me get through my MMC and on the journey again. I didn't 'wait' technically go start trying again either. I had a d&c, but I'm not sure when I OV after that all happened that first cycle but was away for a good period of it, so didn't really consider first month as 'trying' anyway. But began trying properly again (doing OPKs etc for timing) the following month. I had my d&c 10th feb, and I got my BFP middle of August. So 6 months for me. Think about 7 cycles. The last cycle I did acupuncture. Whether it helped get my BFP or not I can't say but worth trying!
Had my midwife appointment on Monday. Couldn't find heartbeat at start. So carried on rest of appointment meanwhile feeling so disappointed to say the least! When MW and I discussed my 12w scan coming up on Monday coming I then said "if it's still alive". And with that my MW gave me a hug and I started crying. Stupid hormones! So she suggested to try find HB again. And after an anxious minute (forever!) we got the rascal! 166bpm! So still there! Just gotta hang on! Even though I'm 12wk now after this scan I'll prob increase my own odds of proceeding but still will always be in the back of my mind how quickly things can turn for the worst and lose it. I appreciate this pregnancy so much more than my first! I am so careful doing anything strenuous etc! Anyway, update next week after my scan and hope I can 'fully graduate' from here. It's not a place anyone unfortunately belongs in, and I hope for no more miscarriages for anyone in here! And BFP for those already trying xxxx

Edited by Talz - 16 October 2014 at 10:14pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 153>