FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC after miscarriage/loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 153>
Author
Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 10:24am
It's only after a D&C some Doctors will recommend you wait at least one cycle.

As the lining may not be enough to support a pregnancy.
Sponsored Links

LuckyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 11:01am
Kia ora ladies,
I am sorry to see some new names, Missy and Melza. Welcome and so sorry for your loss. Melza I don't think there is a secret fb page for this forum (I maybe wrong).

It is so good to read a couple of stories of success and happiness, as it gives me hope and warm fuzzies.

I am wondering how long I should wait before I either take a pregnancy test or go to the doctor to check all is ok. I had a dnc on the 16th of April so a regular cycle for me would start any day now. I know it can take longer after an mc or mmc so I am not thinking anything is going on yet and I don't feel pregnant or due my period. I am just curious as to how other women have recovered and returned to regular cycles after an mc or mmc.

Thank you ladies, I hope everyone is doing ok and finding peace and joy in each day.
MMC April 2015
CoopersMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoopersMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 12:02pm
So my next period was 5 weeks after mc and it was odd...like lasted two weeks and was quite random so I figure it wouldn't have been good to be ttc before the period as my body clearly wasn't all that happy. But I think everyone is different :) good luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoopersMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 12:02pm
I haven't had another period yet, and we are ttc so hopefully fx
Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 12:36pm
Hi Lucky

I am CD42 in to my cycle (after a D&C).

After a mc or mmc the pregnancy hormone in your body needs to get low enough for your normal cycle to kick back in. Only after this has happened will your body ovulate.

I normally OV CD17 and have a 30 day cycle. After a mmc I OV about CD 25-30 and then have to wait another 14 days after that for my period to come.

If you look at my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Nella
You'll see just that

EDIT to add: My D&C was on the 7th of April and I did a pregnancy test 24 days after to check there was no hcg in my system.

Edited by Nellennium - 18 May 2015 at 12:40pm
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 12:49pm
Lucky, everyone is different. I didn't cycle naturally after my d&c for 6mths and was then diagnosed with pcos. After my natural mc's I cycled normally for me, 6wks later. I certainly wouldn't be concerned at this point as long as you're feeling good, no abnormal discharge. You can do a preg test at any time to see if you have residual hcg. If you continue to not cycle you can see your doctor. Sometimes it's worth checking everything looks ok in there with a follow up ultrasound.

_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 2:06pm
hi guys! Lucky- after my natural MC (dont know if its different to D&C for this) at 11 weeks it took a good 6 weeks to get rid of all my HCG from memory- then i had a couple of days of weird spotting (which i now figure was like a period/body getting back to zero HCG) then 4 weeks after the spotting i got AF.. it can take ages for your HCG to go down- did you do HPTs to watch your levels drop? lots of people do get pregnant straight away after a MC, but if you do get a pos HPT at this stage id go and get bloods over a week or two to see which direction your hormone levels are going to see whether its a new pregnancy or remnant hormones from your last one.. hugs- such a confusing time of being in limbo while you work out what your body is doing.. xxx

well i havent temped at all this cycle but thought i would this morning and got a good post- ov temp... so i have no idea how far post-ov i am lol but thinking around 5dpo? my birthday is next monday so wont temp again until then but if my temp is still up in a week ill test. might get a lovely surprise miracle (arent even TTC) for my birthday! wouldnt that be too good to be true! lol. though have also applied for 4 new jobs so thatd screw that up a little... but wel see! (definitely not expecting anything lol but who knows!)
hope everyone else is well xxx
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
LuckyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 6:38am
Thank you ladies for sharing your experience and advice. I think I will wait another week or so and if no AF I will go for a check up or pregnancy test.

Good luck ladies, positive thoughts to you all.
MMC April 2015
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 7:24pm
So i ended up with a bit of drana over last few days and a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. So 3 months off ttc for us to heal up. Scary stuff
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 7:38pm
Awww. Stink one kumeroa :-( I hope you are ok and will heal quickly. Did you have to lose a tube? I hope not! I'm sorry you have to go through this :-( xx
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 7:43pm
Yeah lost a tube but am alive so thats the main thing. Was farely traumatic
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 8:50pm
Oh Kumeroa *big hugs*
Glad you're on your way to recovering and are still around for your wee girl! Really sucky about the tube though as well as everything :( Hope your body heals up fast!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 9:16pm
Oh kumeroa :-( I'm so sorry. But I am glad you are ok. I can't imagine going through what you have. My heart goes out to you right now. Xx
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 5:39am
Massive hugs Kumeroa. Hope you heal soon.

Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 5:40am
Massively frustrated here. Finally got a positive opk yesterday and my man has failed me. It's so hard to get me to this point and then he can't do his tiny job? Grrrr. Really hoping for a miracle.

LuckyJade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 7:59pm
Oh Kumeroa, I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. Take care of yourself and sending you healing thoughts.

Poppy, I am sorry for your frustrations. Sending you aroha and hope that things get easier for you and your man.

AF arrived for me yesterday pretty much just after I took a pregnancy test. Quite happy to see her really as I feel it is a good sign of healing and getting back to normal. I am going to go to the doctor next week though to organise testing to make sure I am ovulating.

I hope all of you are feeling strong and supported in your situations, kia kaha wahine.
MMC April 2015
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 5:02pm
oh Kumeroa! Im so so sorry to hear all that has happened to you. very glad you are ok and safe despite it all though. hugs! its just not fair. 
Poppy that has happened to me too- sooo frustrating! I think men feel the pressure more than they let on at times huh. still.. so annoying! hoping you get that miracle though.
AF today for me (my birthday lol just awesome) so another month taking a break (but not preventing) then back on the clomid in the lead up to IVF to do all we can to avoid IVF happening! heres hoping...
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 9:31pm
Hello ladies!
new to this forum, Im not ttc yet, ( still have the mc to deal with) but would love to as soon as i can, so thought it might be good to join here.
I ve read through the "life after mc " threads, which i ve found very good, but i m keen to join a here.
Bit about me, Wednesday this week i had a scan to confirm my dates.... (should have been cca 8w4d)....baby was measuring 7w5d but sadly there was no heart beat. It was hard, My hubby was sick with flu, feaverish, shaking that day, so i went by myself.... not a good idea. It was so unexpected. I managed to hold it together till coming home, and had a hard time sleeping as i was crying and keep seing the scan images in my head.
On Thursday, my midwife refered me to the hospital, so now, i m waiting to hear from them.
Im spending my days thinking about what to do, i m terrified of the d&c, but not sure if i can cope with going natural.
Still have some time to make my mind.
This was my 4th pregnancy, unplanned surprise... im already blessed with 3 wonderfull children (8, 6 and 1), and we are in particular gratefull to have the youngest who was born with his cord twice around his neck.
eventhough this pregnancy was unplanned, me and my hubby have embraced it... we were so happy about it and the idea of my youngest also having a sibling close in age. ...We are devastated. We have no close family living near and im not that close with my parents lately. Their reaction, first to the pregnancy and then to the mc , were dissapointing, no support or encouragement really.
Also, I had people say that at least i already have children ..... that is just so awfull. Yes, i know i m so blessed to have them, but this doesnt take away the sence of loss this time.
Its incredible what people say sometime.
Sorry to be this long.
Im really happy to find this wonderfully supportive thread.
All the best wishes to you all!!!!

Edited by Iceland - 31 May 2015 at 9:35pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoopersMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 9:51pm
Hi I'm sorry you have to join here, we lost our number 4 baby too. I had people say that too, it doesn't take away that baby was wanted even though you have others. I hope everything goes well for you with this journey :(
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2015 at 6:39am
Iceland, so sorry to hear your story. mc is an incredibly hard thing to go through no matter the circumstances of the family or pregnancy. I think people don't know what to say when they find out so their response is often inappropriate. With my first one I got "at least you're young and can try again, it is pretty common". Needless to say I haven't told anyone about my latest two.

In regards to the d&c, mine was pretty straightforward and uneventful. I did it after bleeding for over 2 weeks. You can give it a wee bit of time but sometimes it's best to make sure everything is out. The doctors will help guide you in this.

All you can do at this point is take time to grieve and recover. Don't rush it and take care of yourself. We're all here if you need to vent or get advice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 153>