FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC after miscarriage/loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 153>
Author
CoopersMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoopersMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2015 at 9:43am
I'm thinking we will stop ttc for a bit, it's so stressful I find at the moment, I'm thinking why am I doing this all this stress when I could be enjoying my family.
Sponsored Links

Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 6:37pm
2 more days till i can poas. fx

Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 10:38pm
Thanks for the messages Poppy and Coopers Mummy.
Good to have the forum working again, somehow it was telling me "servise unvailable " yesterday.
I got a call from hospital after the long weekend and had an appoint, today.
Eventhough, my original first reaction was "no way i want to have d&c" , after a week of waiting, i ve turned around and that s my choice now. Im still bit terrified of it, but the uncertain waiting is too hard. Also im not sure i can cope with feeling and seing the embrio comimg out and collect it to put in a jar,as they asked me to. I admire everyone who has done mc naturally and coped with all this!!!
My d&c is schedulled for Friday morning.... but tonight i ve started light spotting! It s not gotten any worse and i only have bit sore back, so I m on edge again as i m now not sure if i can really make it till friday?! will most probably end up going the natural way anyway! ... oh well, trying to relax and go with whatever happens.
Good luck Poppy! Crossing my fingers for good news for you!
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 3:38pm
Well, bfp for me. One more step complete but far from out of the woods. The next few weeks will be difficult, checking for mc constantly like a crazy woman. I just hope that all the stuff i have on will keep me even remotely distracted at times.

Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 10:28pm
Hello to all,

Poppy , thats great news to hear!! Trying keeping busy a try to keep positive, but yes, the first weeks are just sooo hard to 'keep sane and think of something else). Thinking of you!!
I made it to my d&c appointment in the end this morning!
after more spotting yesterday morning, i started bleeding and passing small clots, so i was convinced i d misscarry there and them, but no cramps and all settled overnight.
In the end the whole experience of d&c was fine, everyone in hospital was really lovely and when i woke up (without my glasses on, i wear -6 dioptries so blind as a bat) i thought i m still only to do go under.
Good to find out i was in recovery already and back home in less then an hour. I m feelling really well now.
the only thing is, that our kids had a sleepover at our neighbour who s in my daughter's class. They had a great time, and my daughter ' s friend apparently been asking whats wrong with me, so my daughter explained something like that mummy lost the baby she was expecting. When news time came, the friend was keen to share her news of having an unexpected sleepover with Greta because of the dead baby. The teacher supposedly said nothing and moved on to the next child for news. She had a word about it with the friend's mum after class.
well, well, i wonder how the parents will react to their child telling them about our 'dead baby' ....we ve already heard from one family who s son told them this .
Also, whether and how theyll talk to me next week at pick up times or if they ll ignore it all together ....
Need to get strong for next week. At least, it s a weekend ahead first.
(sorry for being so long)

_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 11:29pm
YAY POPPY! thats awesome news! gee seems every time I pop on here lately theres something nice to read- yay!
Iceland welcome, and sorry you are joining us all at the same time xxx we get ya- theres heaps of us in here who have been blessed with children already and have then gone on to lose a baby and weve all experienced those comments. people just have no idea how much it hurts when they say things like that. I have a beautiful 4 year old and all she wants is a sibling, she asks me on a daily basis when her baby sister will be here... breaks my heart. So, we keep on going... but feel free to vent or whatever you need to do on here, we understand xxx oph, and my 4 year old also knew about our baby (we lost him at 11 weeks) and even though its over a year ago will still bring up "mums baby that died in her tummy" at the worst moments. we are just trying to stay honest with her and answer any questions she has as we go along. but yeah, in the middle of the warehouse when she NEEDS to know right then why the baby died...gets a bit tricky!
tonight my boss took us all out to the movies- a little theatre that shows film festival stuff and the likes.. we watched "Noble" about Christina Noble's life- she started up healthcare/education facilities for orphans and homeless kids in vietnam. I sat there in tears for most of it- the movie uses real orphaned kids, many with special needs/agent orange victims etc... it broke my heart, esp with what we are currently going through and starting to look into the adoption process ourselves.. it really affected me and I just wanted to run away. after the movie, my boss (who has no kids of her own) says to me in a cheery/awkward voice (she knows what ive been through)  "Oh, I hope that movie wasnt to upsetting for you!" then walked away and went home. I mean- what the hell??? i had just gathered myself enough for no one to realise id been upset, and she says THAT? wouldnt just saying nothing be better? its made me really mad to be honest, which is why im still up and not in bed! cant stop thinking about it- grrr! 
but anyway, tomorrows another day. and Hubby has totally done a 180 turn with his feelings on adoption and is keen to get the ball rolling in the new year! so that is one thing thats exciting :) so focussing on the good and trying to let the bad go.. proving hard at times though..

My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2015 at 6:43am
Glad the d&c went ok for you iceland. Sometimes it's easier to just get it all sorted so you can move on. Good luck with the future.

Good to hear from you Soda. Will you keep ttc until next year? I hope you don't need to go down the adoption route. It's an amazing gift to give a child but when you've been trying so hard to have your own I guess it's challenging to let that dream go. Best of luck.

Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2015 at 8:24am
Congrats poppy great news sending sticky thoughts
Good to hear from you soda
Ireland glad DNC went as good as it can xx

I'm still recovering, tiredness is my friend can't wait to get my iron levels up again so I'm not so tired and breathless, I'm terribly impatient when it comes to recovery
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoopersMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2015 at 11:20am
Congratulations poppy :) awesome news x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoopersMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2015 at 11:21am
I thought of adoption too, mostly overseas adoption from orphanages but when I started looking into it I got so overwhelmed with what's what I didn't get very far
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2015 at 2:16pm
Definately noticing a different mindset this time around. It's like my brain hasn't even come to the realisation that I'm pregnant. I'm not at all excited or happy yet, not checking for bleeding yet. Seem to still be in waiting mode. Previously, the second I got the bfp I started working out dates, planning, dreaming etc. This time...nothing. Hope this changes soon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoopersMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2015 at 2:45pm
I'm sure it will change poppy it will just be a way of protecting yourself, once you get past some of the weeks then you will be ok
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2015 at 7:06pm
give it time Poppy. i know next time if i get the chance that whole lovely blissful naivety of pregnancy is well and truly gone, and it will feel different. I doubt ill be able to truly relax and enjoy the pregnancy until well after 12 weeks since i lost bub so late in the first tri...so im sure whatever you are feeling right now is totally normal.  xxx hugs hun. 
yeah its a whole new world this adoption thing. id love to do overseas adoption but its so costly and such a long process i doubt itd be fair on DD with all you have to go through to get the child. maybe in a couple of years if shes older..but at 4 years old its all a bit too much right not. i know chances are slim in NZ but if you are chosen you are chosen. so our chance is as good as any i figure!  apparently the timeframe to get on the books is about a year from what i gather and then who knows how long the wait is until you are chosen- can be a week, a year, or even never! but we wont know until we try, and figure if we are on the list than whatever happens first will be the child we are meant to have.Smile so we shall see. might start inquiring and see from there. and yes well keep on the waitlist for IVF and start back on clomid in another couple of cycles- so much going on at the moment i dont think i can handle the hormonal upheaval of clomid and everything right now! but im ok with just waiting. whats a few more months after 2.5 years, right? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoopersMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2015 at 7:12pm
We also looked at fostering but that's such an emotional thing, the kids being taken back to their families and the effect on our kids having to say goodbye etc.
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2015 at 9:06pm
yes we looked into fostering too. I just think the emotional toll would be too great on DD (and me!) to consider that, not while DD is so little anyway- she just wouldnt understand. we are looking at thailand or possibly the philipines at this stage but are open to anything. just early days though- anything could happen!
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 9:22am
Well, first blood test done this morning. Hoping for some good hcg results to ease my mind.

Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 6:48pm
Anyone know anything about hcg levels? Got mine back and it's in the 300's at just on 4wks. I'm thinking that's ok but not great? Retesting Thursday to look for the trend. Fx for big things.

Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 6:51pm
300 is an awesome hcg poppy its all about the rise anyway I'm sure it will be all good :-)
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 6:54pm
http://www.huggies.co.nz/pregnancy/early-stages/symptoms/hcg-levels/chart
DD1 born Jan 14
Poppy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 7:03pm
Ok Thanks Kumeroa. The nurse didn't sound very excited so I thought it was probably low to average. How are you doing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 153>