FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC after miscarriage/loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 153>
Author
JK87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2015 at 7:36pm
hi ladies, I have been lurking in and out for quite some time. I had three mmc trying for our first, in April 14, June 14 and April 15. I am now 18 weeks pregnant with our first. I did testing privately after our second Lesh which was good, didn't show anything, but provided some reassurance that nothing was wrong. After the third I was referred to the recurrent loss clinic at Greenlane Hospital and they did a couple of additional tests, then monitored me through the first 13 weeks of pregnancy before discharging me to my midwife. They told me that reassurance and positive thinking (easier said than done) was the thing that worked the most, they did weekly scans from 7 weeks which definitely helped me.
Sponsored Links

Karenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2015 at 10:09pm
Congratulations JK. So nice to hear positive stories.
TTC #2 April 2014.
MCs: May 2014, November 2014, April 2015, August 2015.
MMC: 10 weeks August 2016.
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2015 at 3:51pm
Thanks for poping in Jk!!! Congratulations!! all the best for the test of your pregnancy!!
How s everyone doing?
Hope you re having a good weekend!!
Lesh77777 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesh77777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2015 at 4:22pm
Thanks jk87 for your message and huge congrats on your pregnancy! Did you end up doing anything different for your successful pregnancy like progesterone or baby aspirin etc?
Lesh77777 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesh77777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2015 at 4:30pm
Karenka im so sorry for your losses and really hope you have your rainbow soon too. I'm wondering if mine are age related too, I'm really looking forward to my appointment this week to hopefully get some answers. If they find nothing which I've heard in most cases they don't at least I can go into it next time knowing that there's nothing more I could do.
JK87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2015 at 6:38pm
Thanks ladies :) My heart absolutely goes out to you all, I still struggle to talk about my losses but am very grateful I finally have my sticky baby.

I had progresterone supplements up to 12 weeks this time Lesh - I had also embarked on a new fitness regime and was eating much healthier than ever prior to getting pregnant, which I hadn't done the previous times. Hard to say whether it was something I did (testing on the second baby showed no abnormalities) or if we just got 'the mix' right this time.
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2015 at 6:26pm
How are you, Lesh? i ve been thinking of you. Hope your appointement went well today!!!
how s everyone else doing? Good weekend to you all!!!!
antheawren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2015 at 8:48pm
Hi everyone! I'm new to oh Baby I joined the due may 2016 thread and today I lost my wee Baby! We have been trying for 22 months for a Baby and I've had 2 miscarriages prior to that we had a beautiful rainbow girl Aaliah who will be 2 on Sunday! Our first born daughter was stillborn nearly 3 years ago now! I would love to join you all on this journey!

Miscarriage 5 1/2 weeks Nov 14
Miscarriage 6 weeks September 15
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2015 at 9:21pm
Oh Antheawren, im soo sorry to hear about your loss!!! this is hard!!!
Please, take care and i hope you have lots of understanding people and support around you!!
Lesh77777 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesh77777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 9:56am
So sorry Antheawren, how so very hard for your losses and to go through all this. Like Iceland said I hope you have lots of support around you.

I went to my appointment yesterday at Genea Fertility to see if they could do some testing incase there might be a reason for my 2 miscarriages. He did lots of bloods, well it was meant to be 13 tubes but I freaked out and have asked to split them so I'll get the remainder done on Tuesday! And I'm also getting a scan done but I have to wait until a week after AF so probably in 3 weeks time. They will insert dye into my cervix which blows it up to see if there is anything there. He did suggest to go straight to doing one where they insert a camera but I was too scared to be put to sleep. The bloods cover how many eggs I have left through to blood clotting and chromosomes testing. He has said usually all these tests don't find anything wrong and thinks because I'm now 36 that chances of abnormalities is much higher which is probably the cause.

Sorry for the huge explanation but it might help others to see what they might expect if they were to get tests and I'd be interested if anyone had anything different than mine too. He didn't test for Progesterone which I find strange? He wasn't actually all that reassuring of a good outcome even if all tests don't show anything which he thinks they won't. Maybe he doesn't want to get my hopes up I'm not sure. So no trying for me now for a couple months as I can't the cycle I get the dye inserted next month :(
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 9:28pm
Thanks for all the info Lesh! It seems realy thorough which is good.
13 tubes of blood, gosh that s a lot! I dint think i could cope with that much in one sitting either!
Even if,as you said,the docs didnt sound terribly reasuring, i think its all good. If it all comes down to the tests not showing anything, that s good to know that there isnt any issue that could have been addressed.... hope you know what i mean:-)
Good luck for the rest if the testing and procedures involved!!!
I think my missed mc was also most probably age related, im 38 and as you say the chance of abnormalities gets much higher with age. uf... fingers crossed for as all in this thread :-)

Antheawren, how are you? hope you have a lovely day tomorrow for your little ones birthday!!!
Karenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2015 at 7:28pm
Really sorry for your losses Anthawren. I hope you're doing ok x

Lesh I had a crazy amount of blood taken for my tests through Fertility Associates - I think 10 tubes one time and 4 another time. I find it strange they didn't test your progesterone too - although that one has to be done at a certain day of your cycle (5 days before af if I remember correctly), so maybe you have to do it later? I think it's great you're doing all the testing - even if they don't find anything, you'll know that you've tried everything and hopefully that will be reassuring.
TTC #2 April 2014.
MCs: May 2014, November 2014, April 2015, August 2015.
MMC: 10 weeks August 2016.
antheawren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2015 at 8:43pm
Hi girls thank you so much for your lovely words! Its hard when the only place you can go is a forum where people understand what you are going through!

I look forward to getting to know you on this thread x

Good luck Lesh with your next round of bloods and the results!

Miscarriage 5 1/2 weeks Nov 14
Miscarriage 6 weeks September 15
ZethansMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZethansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2015 at 6:14pm
Hi everyone, I'm assuming this forum is still active?? Though the last post was in September...Anyway, thought I may as well check it out! I'm 31yrs old, live in Auckland. We lost our little boy in July this year. He was 13 days old. He got a fetal infection a day or two before he was born, so was born very sick and just deteriorated from there. We are super keen to get pregnant again, despite the fact that we are grieving...but we figure that we'll be grieving for our whole lives in some capacity. We're into our 2nd month trying to conceive. Looking forward to getting to know you all :-)
Melza177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melza177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2015 at 7:08pm
HI ladies, no time to read above, just wanted to quickly give my story and also find out if there is a secret facebook group that we can chat on? (that none of my friends would see on my facebook wall??).
I am 36.
Got pregnant in February (went off the pill whilst in Asia as I ran out - we knew that yup when we got back from holiday that we would try to get pregnant. Didnt think anything of it)....then in March found out I was pregnant. had been living life normally and actually drinking quite a few beers and wine. Didnt know I was pregnant! Found out at about 6-7 weeks.
Then lost the baby at 11 weeks - they said the scan showed a sac of a 6 week old. So for fricks sake I had been living a lie or something, as hello found out I was pregnant at about 6 weeks, yet the scan showed it died then :-( :-(

have just bought ovulation kit, and did it this week - so lets hope I am lucky this week.

Hugs to you all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZethansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2015 at 9:00pm
Yeah, I'd been to keen to know if there's a facebook group also. Sorry about your loss Melza. Hopefully there are more people in this group...it does seem rather quiet
Lesh77777 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesh77777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 8:02am
Hi Melza and Keziah. Keziah I 'know' you from the 2 week wait group ;). If someone would be keen to start a private Facebook group then you should as I'm not aware of one? I'm so sorry for both your losses, Keziah I think I've said this before but I can't imagine your pain. This is not a nice group to be a part of but for me it is easier having the support of others who have lost. I've had 2 early losses this year and just literally just had a faint positive test this morning although AF not due until Friday. Wish I hadn't tested so early now as just more days to worry about having another miscarriage when I should actually be really excited. Melza I'm going to be getting weekly bloods etc so I know early if things aren't progressing as that must have been awful to go weeks further past things not progressing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZethansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 9:47am
Hi again Lesh. Yeah, I'm really just trying to see which forums are actually active or not! I'd really love to be in a group with others who have experienced loss...think it will be a fantastic support.

Great idea about starting a facebook group. There's bound to be others out there, but if you can't find one, you may as well create one!!

So, I'm going to go ahead and create a private facebook group today, and can hopefully slowly build our numbers. Keen to join Melza? Lesh? (even though you just got a BFP, feel free to still join! Will be nice to have people to chat to in different stages...)

Edited by Keziah84 - 26 October 2015 at 9:55am
Melza177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melza177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 10:55am
Good morning ladies, will write shortly. Hope the sun shining wherever you are today

Edited by Melza177201 - 26 October 2015 at 10:59am
Melza177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melza177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 11:36am
*warning huge message, including details of my miscarriage*

Good morning ladies
Firstly wahooo the All Blacks!!!!

What a relief to finally find a forum. I had been on a ‘due in November’ secret page on Facebook – umm found the group from a babies website. Gee there were I think another 4 ladies that also miscarried out of about 18 of us!!!
Baby would’ve been due 19 November – so on the 19 November hubby and I are heading away somewhere for along weekend, since that would’ve been when baby was due.

So back to my story – I was quickly writing about me last nite and hit send, just to hurry and post on here.

So yeah, I am 36. We went to Asia for 4weeks end of January, I knew my pill was going to run out and thought oh well that doesn’t matter cos as soon as we get back we are going to try for a baby. We arrived back and my period didn’t come but we didn’t think anything of it, NEVER did I think I was pregnant – I have had my period since I was 8yrs old and over the years it has had a mind of its own, so I was thinking it was cos I had come off the pill it was mucked up!! Had no symptons (well had a VERY VERY sore bum whilst on bike at the gym and sitting in my office chair – which I then find out from the doctor that yes this will be cos I was pregnant, it wasn’t in my bum it was like I don’t know just very sore, could feel excruciating when standing up – so I am waiting for this pain every month now hoping it will be a sign!!). So yeah anyways obviously conceived the FIRST TIME off the pill – yet we weren’t even trying – ya know on holiday, happy, cocktails, lots of beers, relaxed. I had taken TWO pregnancy tests (one before our 1yr wedding anniversary on 15 March, negative, then another one – as both occasions I knew I would be drinking lots so thought I had better check…grrrr both negative yet I was f’n pregnant, stupid tests, 99.9% accuracy!). Then I was flying to Sydney for my birthday on 26 March, so I went to the doctors on 24 March (as I knew I would be having huge boozy weekend away) as hmmmm maybe I was pregnant (as this time hubby in USA for work..) and hello doctor said yup positive, so all very exciting.

Then 1 May bit of spot bleeding, was due to have 12 week scan the following week…..went in for scan, he couldn’t find anything and then said was I sure of the dates, YES, he said there was a sac of a 6 week old (and hello I found out when I was 6-7 weeks!!! So that means it was dead in me all this time, when I was happy I as pregnant infact nope gone)…… NO ONE TOLD ME what would happen. The next day hubby and I go for a drive, 40mins from home, nice lunch and beer, then that nite I was in bed on the phone, then got up blood in my pants, take my pants down and lump, then yeah well had full on miscarriage over the next 3 hrs losing about ½ bucket of stuff. So pissed off at the midwife giving us NO WARNING AT ALL. I said to her 2 days later than I wasn’t impressed she didn’t warn me and she said ‘oh it is different for everyone’ – well why the frick didn’t she give us best case/worse case scenario!!!!

We had no idea at all it would be so traumatic, heck I thought ok a 50c size clot (as had read another girl something something like that)…. Definatley not having that midwife again, even though I had searched and searched to find a good one local! Very pissed off that no warning for us – poor hubby, what a terrible traumatising experience!!! So yeah too bad if we had decided to go away for the weekend, or hubby had been out, or if it had happened whilst we were out for lunch earlier that day!

So yeah that was May – and we have tried each month…I am 36 so need to hurry up as we want 2 kids. Fluke we conceived FIRST time trying without actually trying (honestly we didn’t even think oh look we might get pregnant, never crossed out minds!!! Just knew when we got back to NZ we would try!).
Last week I bought some ovulation test kits, took it everyday since first day after the end of my period just to make sure WHEN was the day I am ovulating. So yes maybe this month we might be lucky.

Sorry to read of everyones losses

MissAmz – sorry to hear of your loss, and it being on your #1’S birthday.

Lesh77777 – Great there is an active forum now – I was searching in May and couldn’t find anywhere to chat to others! I am also 36. Heck was just reading how you had to give 13 tubes of blood?!?! That is an insane amount isn’t it!

Karenka – You have one child? I couldn’t find it in your message but had seen the picture below, a 3yr old? My heart breaks for you, 4 miscarriages, you poor girl, geez one is enough, I don’t know how people cope, far out. Big big hugs, I really hope your time will come.

JK87 – congrats on now being at 18 weeks. Sorry to hear of your 3 miscarriages.
antheawren - sorry to hear of your losses
Keziah84 - oooh so sorry to hear of your son I couldn’t begin to understand what you have been/going through. Thanks for starting up a fbook group – it needs to be SECRET though, not private, as I think they still show up on friends pages – I was worried when I joined the ‘due in November’ – sooo what I learnt was the creator of the page has to be friends with the others to actually invite them to join. So in that case the girl gave me her name and she added me as a friend, added me to the group, then I unfriended her, ha ha as I don’t have tom, dick, harry as my friends on fbook just close friend ha ha.

Man there must be a more active group somewhere, then again like someone said a while ago that if we chat on here it will show at the top of the threads and maybe more will join – NOT THAT we want others to be going thru what we are going thru but there must be more ladies that need support, share their experiences.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 153>