FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC after miscarriage/loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 153>
Author
babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 7:58am
Oh phew, I'm so glad he is staying home with you today. Have you got a friend/Mum/Sister or someone that can come and stay with you for a few days when he does have to go back to work? You are doing so well Blondie, take good care of yourself. Sending you lots of love and strength.

Good luck for your blood test today RT
Sponsored Links

blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 8:36am
I have a friend coming after work tomorrow and should be here just after midday and then on Thursday I see my midwife at 1. On Friday a friend is meeting me for lunch. So I'm trying to have some time alone and time with people. I couldn't imagine how hard this was going to be. I lost my father 6 years ago and thought I would deal with it in a similar way but no. I think losing a child is worse in a way as I feel I've lost my future.

babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 4:20pm
There are support groups you can join as well Blondie - Sands is one of them although I'm not sure where you are so you might not be able to get to a meeting. Its such early days for you, gradually their will be more good days than bad. We are all here for you x
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 6:16pm
Blondie, I felt exactly the same with my first m/c and DH was so good at staying with me fore quite a while - I think about 2 weeks in the end (but he's a student and I think it was study break). I remember he did turn down his mates invitations to go out because he didn't think it was wise to leave me alone. Each day, you will get a little bit stronger. And one day you will feel like you are able to cope for longer stretches on your own. Just give it time. I was really surprised to feel the way I did - really insecure, wanting to be at home and not go anywhere, and not feeling safe without Dh by my side. But I just let myself feel those things and act accordingly and I did get back to my old self eventually - just not so innocent anymore :-(.

2 Angels - Aug '12 & Mar '13 Always in our hearts.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 8:20pm
Lurker - Blondie, am so sorry to hear of your loss. Huge hugs from me. Take care - sounds like you have loads of loving people looking out for you at this difficult time. Just do what feels right for you..xx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2013 at 7:36pm
Hi Blondie, so glad dh was able to stay home with you yesterday. Hope today has been a bit better and your friend was able to keep you company. I hope your midwife might be able to share some insight with you tomorrow when she visits. I understand your feeling of having lost your future - that has always been the most heartbreaking feeling to experience for me too. I try to calm myself with the thought that my future is still great, it's just hard to see it thru the blur of what is happening in that instant. I remind myself that I'm not nearly as bad a person as millions of others out there so my time will come. I'm certain of the same for you.
AFM - first bloods on Monday were fine (didn't ask for numbers). Did a second test today so clinic can see if they're rising but will stop after that if it's ok with them. Taking a bit of a cocktail of pills/pesseries - 2 progersterone pesseries 3 x daily; 1 Progynova tablet 3 x daily (it's a Hormone replacement treatment usually prescribed to ladies going thru menopause - but apparently thickens your lining) and 1 baby asprin daily. Then just the normal folic acid and iodine tablets. Other than that I had acupuncture today so will keep seeing her once a week until at least 12 weeks. Other than that I've just decided to enjoy the moment - made a silly ticker just to acknowledge bean is here as I don't want to tell friends or family (although I did tell my bestie as she rang while I was in tears on Monday, poor girl)!
How is everyone else? Hope you're all well.
5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
blondie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2013 at 7:42pm
Redtulip my fingers are crossed for you that this is a sticky bubba. I really hope this is your turn. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way x

You're right about the future and today was a good day. My friend came round, hasn't seen her since I was in labour and I was quite out of it. I feel better about the future and I'm focusing on looking after myself. I'm going to try and relax and try and smile until I get my next period. Then it's all go. I really hope it's not too long. I'm still bleeding so hope that stops soon.

a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2013 at 8:11pm
I'm glad things are going well for you redtulip! Are you having regular blood tests? Will you try to have an early scan? Or are you just letting it all happen as it goes?

Blondie, it's good to hear that today was a bit better and you're looking towards the future now. I hope AF comes for you asap and you don't have to wait too long before you see a BFP again :-) I was very fragile for about 3 weeks (from when I first found out the wee heart stopped beating)until about 1 week after the mc actually happened. Then it was just off and on. Some good days, some bad days. Little things still set me off, but slowly the good days are overtaking the bad ones. Here's to hoping that you see that trend sooner than later!

Tan... I TOTALLY relate to that loss of innocence! I felt/feel the same. I wonder how I will emotionally deal with another pregnancy if it happens for us again. I fear that every day, every pain, every test during that time will put me into a spin. I feel so jealous of those who innocently go through this whole process without ever realizing how lucky they are every step of the way. I guess, in the end, it'll make us stronger, aye?
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2013 at 8:52pm
Awesome Blondie! You go girl! So glad you're feeling better about the future - and great you're focusing on taking care of yourself. You might have the odd day that feels like a step back but just know that that's totally normal and that time is a magnificent healer. Thanks too for your well wishes, means alot xx
a.girl - planning not to do serial hcg bloods this time around. Did them during last 3 pregs (and in fact was doing them every 2nd day with last one) and during all of them the numbers rose beautifully then... ????!!!!! - total devastation when I went in for scans. Our bean had always stopped growing well before scan even though hcg levels continued to increase perfectly. So, easy decision this time - I've always done them because professionals have said it'd be a good idea to monitor levels - but for me they haven't been an indication things are well at all. It also made me very anxious while waiting for results, and very obsessive about the numbers when I got them.
I'll definitely have an early scan, probably around 7 weeks. Babies heartbeat is sometimes visible from around 6 weeks but I've heard of ladies freaking because they haven't seen it and then it being visible a week later. If all goes well the RPL clinic offers weekly scans from week 7 to 12 just for piece of mind. So will see what happens at first one and go from there. Just to say, can totally understand how you're feeling. For every time I have m/c'd I have never given up hope of one day having a huggable bub. It does make each new pregnancy a very anxious, fretful and sometimes tearful time - but I try to keep focused on the fact that each pregnancy is different and also on huge amount of love and joy a child will bring into our lives... that's what makes it bearable. Brings new meaning to the phrase 'no pain, no gain' lol

Edited to correct spelling

Edited by redtulip - 10 July 2013 at 8:54pm
5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
Pitter patter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pitter patter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2013 at 11:46pm
Hi guys,
Blondie sorry for what you have ben through but sounds like you are feeling a bit better, I have been thinking of you (I was mamma2one but confused everyone but changing my name!). My experience was different to yours but just to let you know I bled for about 11 days from memory, but it got lighter over that time, I hope your bleeding finishes soon. Everyone is different but my af was a couple of days late (from what I have read they are usually a bit late). My first one was heavy and a bit clotted, this is normal if it happens to you don't worry. I was ovulating right away and I hope you will be the same-like you plan to we started ttc after one af, it felt good to movie fwd. Massive hugs to you blondie, you will hold that baby in your arms soon xx

Redtulip-congratulations! I have such a good feeling about this one for you! Really good your bloods were fine, and fx for your scan at around 7 weeks. I really hope this one is your huggable bub. The RPL clinic sound fantastic.

TTC number 2 since April 2011
MC Nov 12
Formally Mamma2one
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2013 at 8:47pm
Thanks heaps pitter-patter... hoping you ALL get your bfps soon so we can start another new thread together!
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 4:33pm
Avid and Blondie, check out this site (if you haven't found it already)

http://www.pregnancyloss.info/waitingforaf.htm

it explains what quite a bit about getting AF after a mc; there are also some links at the bottom of the article to more info on what AF's like after a mc. Very interesting!

*Sigh* it makes me realizes that things may not just 'click into place' as quickly as i had hoped.
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 8:24pm
a.girl, thank you for that link. I agree, slightly disappointed that it means very very unlikely atm but also explains why I feel like I'm ovulating, even though I'm not. I was starting to wonder if it was likely I was going to have an anovulatory cycle this cycle. Now just waiting for AF to arrive so I can get back on the bike.

I actually feel a lot more relaxed now!
Charly28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charly28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2013 at 9:47am
Blonde, it's SO hard.. I just want to give you a big hug!!
I think I cried (by myself.. In the car, in the shower, in bed) every day (sometimes more than once) for about 2 weeks!! I've even had my moments since then. Even just little things set me off sometimes! But I'm so soo much better!! You will find that time eases the pain! At the same time, I don't think I will EVER "get over it".. And I wouldn't expect anyone whose lost a baby (at any stage) to!!
I hope you feel more positive for the future! You have so much to look forward to!! And you have a very special baby waiting to be bought into the world! Sooner than you think I bet :)
April 2013, December 2013
My Ovulation Chart

Jenn123297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn123297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 4:46pm
Hi all

I just found this thread- so glad I did! I haven't read it all yet, but I will. I feel so comforted to know others who know what it feels like!

I'm 27 and hubby is 34 and we've been TTC since March. We got pregnant straight away, but then lost it at 6 weeks (after 2 weeks of on and off spotting and lots of stress.) Then, we got pregnant straight away again..! But lost it again at 5 weeks. It was so awful. That was early June.

I'm now 37 days past my 2nd miscarriage and no sign of a period. We we're going to 'wait' this month, but for various reasons that didn't happen, so it's possible I'm pregnant for the 3rd time in a row. My boobs are really sore so I reckon either my period is coming or I'm pregnant.

I'm purposefully not testing for pregnancy because I know if I see a positive I will be happy, but I will be so so so stressed out about losing this one too. So, for now I am living in 'ignorance is bliss' land and taking each day as it comes. If my period doesn't come in the next wee while I will have to be brave and take the test. But not today.
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 4:53pm
Welcome Jenn. So sorry to hear about your two losses :-( But I'm glad you found us. Hopefully you'll find this thread as a place to share any ups or downs you go through - the ladies here are a lovely bunch and have all gone through what you have.   I'm about 44 days past my mc and STILL waiting for OV or any sign that it's close. It's a frustrating wait. But much easier when shared in these threads. Do you know if you Ovulated lately? Do you chart or use opks? Also, did you have your HCG monitored til they got to 5?
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 5:58pm
Hi Jenn. Welcome. I am so sorry about your losses. You are definitely in the right place. We have all been there, one way or another. I can totally understand your fear. And at this early stage, there is no harm in waiting. As a.girl said, it can take a while to get AF after a miscarriage. I waited 35 days after both of mine. It is perfectly normal for things to be a bit funky for a few months after m/c. If AF doesn't arrive, you will know the right time to test. Keep in touch.

2 Angels - Aug '12 & Mar '13 Always in our hearts.
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 6:05pm
Hi Jenn,
Sorry to hear of your losses As a.girl has said, it's great you've found this thread - you'll get heaps of support here! Just a thought, are you taking folic acid at the moment? Nothing at all wrong with not wanting to test- you just do that when the time feels right, but just thought that as there is a chance you might be utd it would be good to be taking it just in case.... and if af does arrive you've got a head start taking it before the next time you get utd anyway
Have you mentioned to dh that you're worried about being utd again? It might be nice to test with him and have him for some support when you get the result. We're all here for you so feel free to chat/ask away.
Ruth86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruth86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 6:42pm
Hi all, thanks for your replies :)
A.Girl- I haven't been testing for ovulation or anything like that, as for us the problem doesn't seem to be getting pregnant but keeping pregnant. What are opks? Sorry I'm new to the lingo. No I don't chart, but pretty sure I ovulated as I had all the usual signs.

Tan73- yes, I know I should wait! But I really wanna be preg! but will have to wait and just learn to be patient

Redtulip- yea hubby knows how I'm feeling. Thats a nice idea, maybe I'll test with him in a week or two, if it comes to that! yep, I've been taking folic acid for months, so if I'm pregnant it's all good :)
Ruth86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruth86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 6:43pm
Oh it seems my username changed from Jenn..... now I'm ruth....weird! anyway, same person :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 153>