FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHealthy Weight loss while TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>
Author
Jessaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Healthy Weight loss while TTC
    Posted: 24 June 2013 at 11:42am
I'm feeling motivated and want to get HEALTHY in the build up to becoming pregnant! (Hopefully sooner rather than later!)

I have been steadily losing weight for a year now but am still overweight and want to work on this so I don't balloon when the time does come and to ensure my body is well nourished and ready to support a pregnancy!

My concern is that my obesity nurse said to be careful doing things like Optifast while TTC as the calories arnt enough to support a pregnancy - generally speaking. Optifast is about the only thing that's worked well for me and while I know healthy eating is the key (and exercise) its the convenience of it that greatly appeals!

Is anyone else also on a careful weight loss journey?

I'm 5ft 11 (not short) and weighed this morning at 91kg - heaviest being 105KG August last year and my next goal is 84.9KG (I like getting on the other side of the 5's haha). I'm a steady size 14 clothing wise.

Anyone wanting to chat or help motivate each other etc?!

Sponsored Links

HelloYellow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloYellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2013 at 11:58am
I'm in the same boat Jess. Pre getting preg with my DD I was 85kgs. I ballooned while pregnant and put on 15kgs. I lost most of that and at the beginning of the year did a 12 week weightloss challenge with the ladies in my baby group. I got down to 88kgs and then fell off the wagon.
Then I decided I wanted another baby, and wanted to sway boy, so stopped watching what I ate as boy diet is high everything. I now look like I'm a good 16+ weeks preg when I'm not.
But because I want to try conceive a boy I can't excessively lose weight. The number on the scales scare me now. I think ill need to drop at least 5 kgs before getting pregnant.
It's so hard to decide what's more important.
Need to find my motivation to get my exercise DVDs out and work my ass off!

Jessaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2013 at 1:07pm
I think my first bit of decent motivation was reading back through my maternity notes and reading that I was 92KG the day I gave birth to DS! Thats 1kg off what I weigh now and I'm not preggers! That and my best friend is coming off her pill in August and wants to lose a bit before then and be well on her way to good health so I have a walking buddy and some good healthy competition!

I would LOVE to have a lil girl - healthy baby at end of day blah blah but I am not ashamed to admit I would like a wee girl! Havnt done much reading up about diet relating to swaying for a girl so maybe I should look into that.

I also lost a bit more at begin of year - lowest weight this year was 85kg roughly but moving towns and jobs etc meant exercise got pushed aside somewhat :/

At home DVDs are a good idea I thought of getting Zumba but I'm so un-co I dred to think how I would explain a broken bit of furniture to DF or injury to a nurse haha
kazzanz05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazzanz05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2013 at 10:29pm
Hi guys. Am in the same boat wanting to get rid of a few kilos. Well more than a few. I was 76kgs pre pregnancy with DD. Before birth I was about 103kg I think. Got down to 88kgs. And over the years I am now back to 95kgs currently. I have lost 5 kgs in the past month. Just need to keep on it. I actually love bike riding and swimming but find it really hard to get out now. I kept very fit before having DD. Played soccer right up until 4mths preggers. And went out for a bike ride every 2nd day. I was 69kgs for my wedding in 2006. Hard to believe in the year 2000 I was 108kgs. Lost it all doing weight watchers. That was all pre marriage..LOL.. But am determined to get more healthy and loss a bit more. would like to be in the 80's before having child #2. But may not get there. If we get preggers before that I will try and not eat too much crappy food and get out for walks.
Jessaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 7:26am
Hi Kazzanz05!

You could easy get into the 80's if your currently 95 :D that's only 5kg and as you would know that first 5 comes off so easily! then say goodbye to the 90's forever! (Except maybe during preg) lol It must have felt good to get below 100! I'm going for a walk into town to get my fruit and veg for the week this morning and thats all my exercise is going to be - I'm just aiming for any kind of loss a week even if its just 100grams! Better than nothing right? Once I'm well and truly in the 80s I'll be on my way!
kazzanz05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazzanz05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 9:59pm
I put on 900grams this week. Back on the wagon tomorrow. Got Weight Watchers weigh in on Saturday so hoping for a loss on those scales. Fingers crossed.
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:24am
Hi ladies, I would love to join in here. Back in Sept 2011 went to the doc as we had been ttc over a year and nothing. Was told I was boarder line obese and that wasmy motivation (plus wanting a baby!). Im 5"5 and was 81kg. Having now had two specalist appointment with fertility doc that has been a real motivation. My lowest was 68 but I am 69 and a bit at the minute. Trying to get back into it.
Initailly I watched what I ate and started jogging after reading run fat b!tch run!!!
This year I joined the local pool and gym and try to swim once a week, run 5km once a week (both during my hour lunch) and also a longer gym session.

It is hard and especially this time of year.

Got diagnosed with PCOS so that is even more motivation to lose weight and keep my hormone levels 'normal'

My goal is 65kg to get into the normal bmi for my height and have 2kgs to play with.

Jessaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:03pm
Sounds like your doing awesome ice cream! I also like running/jogging once I get into it. trying to get walking everyday this week then run/walk next week then runnnnning the following! Once I fall into a routine I feel restless without going for a walk and thats great - then I notice my eating is better because I don't want to let myself down with poor food choices!

Having said all that I just wolfed half a bar of white choco with my DF :/ haha oh well good most of the times better than bad all the time right?? :)
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 7:08am
Chocolate is my down fall and cadburys has 2 new bars, not fussed on one but have to try the other one still!

It is all the small things that you need to watch. I am healthy at work as I bring my food in but then there are morning teas - our teams shout tomorrow, yummy banana cake- have to have some!!

Went to the gym yesterday and had a mini victory (in my head) 2 young guys either side of me on the treadmill came and went whilst I was still running - the small things matter. Love running (okay so I jog) outside but at the gym with music it is good too and I try some fast sprints.

I think portion size was a big downfall of mine, can't waste food so we eat it. Now I have extra for lunch the next day or freeze it for later. Save time money and kgs!!

Any top tips ladies??

Edited by Icecream - 27 June 2013 at 7:09am
Jessaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 7:46am
I'm not very flash in the kitchen and since I'm at home all day I find optifast/kate morgan stuff good. I have a shake for breakfast and a soup for lunch then just whatever we are all having for dinner. My downfall is also my sweet tooth. I tried WW but found it wasn't teaching me good food habbits cos I saw that coke zero was 0 points and while I know its bad for me I was choosing it as my main drink - often over water!

When I was seeing the obesity nurse - she told me to cut fruit straight out of my diet. At first I thought it was ridiculous but she explained that you can get all the same nutritional benefits from eating more leafy greens and fruit are high calories when trying to lose large amounts of weight. So I cut fruit out after losing the first 6kg then was shocked to lose another 4kg over the following two weeks! (only thing I changed was taking fruit out of my diet!). Also, going against what I had been told all my life regarding weightloss - she told me to weigh myself every morning before shower and after a BM. Then chart it and you can see at certain times of the month where you retain fluid - so you dont get disheartnend if you dont lose or only lose a little.
monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2013 at 12:56pm
I have been focussed on losing weight the last 7 week and have lost 7 kg. Feel great! A long way to go but happy I am doing it a healthy way and a sustainable way for the future. Also like that it is giving me something else to focus on other than TTC, which has consumed me for the past 3 years.
3 little Angels July 10, May 11, Apr 13
kazzanz05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazzanz05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2013 at 1:34pm
Thats great monkeys. Chocolate is my biggest downfall too Icecream, what are the 2 new ones by Cadburys like?

Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2013 at 5:37pm
I got digital scale and weigh daily too - helps you keep on top of all those little increases. I seem heavy right now and I feel bloated so blaming the clomid!

Thankfully I was not fussed on one of the new cadbury bars as it had mashmallows in it.

Must try and cut down on the fruit intake, i have started taking pickled onions and gerkins for a snack with my sandwich at lunch.

Soups are a great idea but got to keep an eye on the bed, i try not to have more than 2 slices a day and aways grainy / whole ones
Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2013 at 8:28pm
I'm in here too! But I'm trying not to weigh at all and just make sure I drink plenty of water, eat unprocessed food but whenever I'm hungry until I am full. Also trying to get my exercise up with zumba CDs and walking with the kids.
I'm concentrating on getting healthier for my own good with my own motivation rather than losing x amount of weight. I also want more energy :)
Chocolate is also my downfall :)
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
JuniorO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuniorO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 10:52am
Hey girls, I'd love to join you all in this journey.

I've been overweight all my life. I'm currently weighing in at 98kg and I'm 5 foot 10. I'm reasonably 'healthy' but I definitely have a sweet tooth - I would currently eat something sweet/sugary every day. Which is such a shame 'cause I'm really good at eating healthy otherwise (lots of vege, high protein, low carb etc). I don't believe in dieting (ie. cutting out certain things, special foods etc) but I want to find a good balance of healthy eating. I play squash at least twice a week (45mins) and have now started walking my dog for 40mins every morning. But that's all the exercise I get. I don't know how I'd fit anything else in time-wise as I always seem to be busy!

I've started seeing a nutritionist which is good - I see her every 3wks and I'm learning lots about food. But I'm not losing any weight - but if I'm honest, I haven't really been trying!

Got married in Dec '12 and have been TTC since March this year. No luck so far.

After reading all of your posts, I'm really motivated to lose some weight and maybe that will help me get UTD.
Jessaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jessaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 11:02am
Hey Junior! Your story sounds similar to mine - Im incorporating exercise just wherever possible ie walking with kids - did go for a jog last week and surprised myself at being able to run entire distance without stopping!

I also have something sweet every day :/ Coke zero is my biggest addiction! I do eat well the majority of the time too - so not sure why I let myself down so easily! I'm at 85kg now so thats 6kg lost since I started this thread! Woop

Hoping for BFP this month - one thing I dont mind putting the weight back on for is pregnancy (in a healthy way of course haha)

brownie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 11:17am
ohhhhh ive just found this thread and im hoping to join in :)

Ive always been a nice size 10 or 12 but over the last couple of years have put on some weight and now weigh 74kg! After being diagnosed with PCOS its motivated me to get healthy and do exercise! I go to the gym now 3x a week and am starting to notice a difference.
Im hoping that between, no alcohol, Metformin, femera and exercise I get my BFP too

Nice to know other ladies doing the same so we can all motivate each other!

jess I also have something sweet everyday lol I find I have to with the drugs im on this month.
PCOS, 5 rounds of Clomid. 1 round of Letrozole 5mg & metformin
Puregon injections Aug & sep 2013
March 2013 Angel Baby
TTC #1 for 18Months+
IVF early 2014
When is it going to happen for us?
JuniorO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuniorO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 10:15am
Hey girls, how's the weight loss going? I had an appointment with my nutritionist yesterday and had lost 400g of fat - not a lot, but small steps right! Focus this fortnight is no desserts - if I really, really feel like something sweet then I'm allowed a half milk/half water hot chocolate (Evil Child brand as it's very low in sugar). And I'm going to try to drink herbal teas - love the smell but have never loved the taste! If I just keep trying, I'll hopefully begin to get used to them and then eventually like them. They're so good for you!

Also had a Doc appt, was talking about TTC etc. and I found out that if your BMI is over 32, you cannot go to the Fertility Clinic! I'm on 31! Yikes! She was lovely and said, just don't put any more on, and if you can, then lose some! That was a timely reminder!

How's everyone else going?
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 9:07pm
Hey ladies
I have put on a kg and a bit and I think it is partly due to clomid and if I am truthful not being as good as I had been. Now I have 6kg to lose to get to where I want to be :(
Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2013 at 7:28am
I've lost a couple ok kgs, down to pre-toddler weight, just 12kg to go to pre-3 yr old weight :)
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>