FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHealthy Weight loss while TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 39>
Author
Jessaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2013 at 8:56am
Hey all!

JuniorO I LOVE herbal tea - I dont have anything else! You can always add a little honey to it to make it a bit more palatable while your getting used to it? The benefits are fantastic! :)

I got into a pair of jeans yesterday that I bought a month ago as a weight loss incentive so that was pretty cool - were a bit tight but I went with it! Haha

Icecream - shiz happens! I find when I put on weight it super motivates me that week and I end up losing it plus some - maybe that will work for you? Not sure about weight gain with clomid but that would frustrate me! Especially when your trying to be healthy to support a pregnancy - but you need the clonid to assist conception etc vicious cycle!

Getting right into the garden today! Super excited - taking kids shopping after school to chose what they want in their planter boxes so that's our mission for the weekend! Cant wait for salad season :D

Sponsored Links

JuniorO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuniorO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2013 at 4:57pm
I agree Jessaroo, don't let 1kg get you down - could be attributed to anything! Take it as motivation to be 'good' over the weekend. Make great choices and you'll feel better :-)

Just discovered a pita pit near my work - so excited as I love it and although I bring my lunch to work 4 days a week, it's nice to have Friday off. For hubby it's "Pie Day Friday" but for me, I've tried to buy sushi or something else as my "treat". I totally love Pita Pit and I think it's quite healthy so am stoked! Gotta be happy about the small things!

Have a great weekend ladies, and good luck :-)
Wynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2013 at 9:14pm
Hi ladies, you all sound like your doing really well with you weight loss I really need to join in and lose some serious weight... at the moment I'm just too ashamed to even say how much I weigh !!

My travel time to work can be up to 3 hours each day. I no I have to stop using that as an excuse but by the time I get home and make dinner i'm so tired I have been thinking about joining one of the 24hr gyms or hiring a treadmill

I am getting better at work though, last week made sure I took my lunch to work everyday. Just trying to focus on the small things. I bought a book Lose Weight for Life, haven't finished yet but it does makes a lot of sense... had previously tired the 17 day diet but too restricted for me. Anyway sorry for the long story but there is it...     
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2013 at 9:23pm
Hi Wynn - I posted to you in the other thread.

Can you take the stairs more at work or take your trainers and go for a walk at lunchtime? You don't need to go to the gym for hours a week. Grab your partner and go for a nice evening walk. Try 20mins each day but that could be 4 sets of 5minutes.

Well done on the lunches - keep that up

It is hard but I say to myself - I want a baby, I want to wear nice clothes and I don't want diabeties (my mum has it) and it works.
Jessaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 10:22am
Hey Wynn,

Like Icecream said walking in the evening is a great idea - somethings better than nothing! Or hiring a tredmil cos you can plonk it right in the living room and no excuses - you could be walking/jogging and watch tele if thats what you predominately do in the evenings - or for me it would be propping the laptop/ipad on the display and watching youtube vids or something :) Before you know it you've been walking for an hour!

Good luck!
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 2:45pm
Hi everyone,
This is a good place for me right now. I have told my story on many threads so will try to bullet point here:

Trying for 13 months, 2 m/c in that time. 1st was missed m/c, found out at 12 weeks. 2nd was slow growing and stopped at 9weeks, also classed as missed m/c. Have been under FA for 5 months now, but am trying acupuncture and naturopath, as well as changes in diet and exercise in a bid to carry to full term, before trying fertility drugs.

I have been overweight since a teenager and have lost a reasonable amount of weight 3 times. The last time I was on Sureslim and got down to a healthy weight range - 75kg/5'9". It's the first time since I was a kid that I have been in the healthy weight range. I was a mad runner, completing marathons and triathlons. Then I got married. My exercise routine changed, I put on a bit, then injured the cartledge in both hips and had to give up running. 3 years, hip surgery, a move to a new city/island, job change, earthquakes, and 2 miscarriages later, I have put all the weight back on, plus some. I hate where I am at right now. I eat healthily, but could do better. I pig out on treats if they are around. I am not exercising much at all. DH and I have decided to take 3 months off TTC as my acupuncturist thinks I have a blood deficiency. I do know I have a very thin lining, and this can be caused by a blood deficiency. So, I am taking the time to get well again.

I am thinking this thread might be a great place to start. I am not going to diet, but I am cutting out gluten, processed foods, refined sugar, as well as watching my portion sizes. I definitely need some motivation - you'd think wanting to have a baby would be enough, but I think hope is a little sparse right now and not a great motivator because of this. I have also started cycling to work, and I do need to get back to the gym a few times a week - aiming for 3 at this stage.

I currently weigh in at 105kg, although I have been reluctant to get on the scales for about 3 weeks now. At this stage, I am aiming to be in the low 90's before we TTC again.

Looking forward to the weight loss journey with you all.

2 Angels - Aug '12 & Mar '13 Always in our hearts.
Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 7:31pm
Hey Everyone! I would love to join this thread. I have been actively trying to lose weight for 18months now. Ive lost 24 kilos. Which is great but I have another 16 to go before I get to my goal weight, We are in month 4 of TTC. I am 167cm and I currently weigh 86ish kgs. I would love some support and help. getting this far has been amazing but hard and it gets harder every step I take. I am currently swimming 2 nights a week I do 40 lengths of breast stroke in a 33m pool and I run 2 mornings a week on a treadmill for 15 minutes. my food has always been my issues I am a boredom and comfort eater. I LOVE food!! so It is the thing I struggle with. also DP is a baker and cake decorator.. that doesnt help... 
Good luck everyone with their journey :)
Angel Baby Nov '13
BFP Dec '13 DD1 born July 2014 at 35 weeks

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 7:37pm
Wow...that would be a challenge. You have done so well, Lease, well done! You are well over halfway!

Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 7:50pm
Thanks Tan. I can acknowledge how far I have come but I still feel like there is a long way to go!! I really want to lose those last kilos before getting pregnant. and am so concerned about putting the weight back on as soon as I am pregnant!!
Angel Baby Nov '13

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
brownie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 7:51pm
Lease your amazing!!! Well done! I bet you feel great
PCOS, 5 rounds of Clomid. 1 round of Letrozole 5mg & metformin
Puregon injections Aug & sep 2013
March 2013 Angel Baby
TTC #1 for 18Months+
IVF early 2014
When is it going to happen for us?
Jessaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 8:23pm
Tan - I was also 105kg at my heaviest - I made my first goal 99.9kg which came around surprisngly quickly then the next goal 94.9kg and once I got to that I was in such a good routine and feeling so pumped that getting to 89.9 wasnt too bad! I lost a further few kgs but then went back to 90ish and floated around that for a while. Iv recently started heading towards 84.9 which is awesome! I make "appointments" with my friend to jog so I am letting her down not just myself if I bail! Its helps!

That's awesome lease! Far out you would have to roll me everywhere if DF was a baker!
Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 8:29pm
Thanks everyone for the support

Jessaroo, It wont happen smoothly god knows mine hasnt... I am sitll in shock that I have lost that much weight, in mid june I was a kilo to 2 kilos lighter than I am now, I still go up and down quite a bit unfortunately its getting less down and more up.., or stand still. It takes patience. The big things I have learnt, are that it cant be a diet. It has to be a life style change. You have to do it for you because no one else will be there when you are down and lonely and eating that chocolate cake... and you have to enjoy life while you are doing it. I still go out, i still drink I have dinner with my friends, but I 'manage' it. So dinner out at a fancy restaurant = salad for lunch. that kind of thing. but if I mess up it isnt a big deal. tomorrow is a new day and I can start fresh.

Angel Baby Nov '13

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 8:39pm
Well done all of us I say. Brownie I lost heaps for my wedding back in 07 in about 9months but it gradually all went back on. Still not down to were I was and last two cycles I have put some back on!
I worked so hard before my second clinic appointment and then they did not even weigh me. Have another appointment in Nov and need to have lost a bit more by then or be pregnant!
DH back at work tomorrow so back to normal routine and running the dog every other morning and evening in turn. Works because we have to do it!
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 8:47pm
It is totally a lifestyle thing hey? I do know that I do not want to be the weight I am. I feel uncomfortable, heavy, and slow. More than anything, I keep thinking that when I do hold on to a baby past the first trimester, I don't want to be this weight plus some! Imagine how heavy and slow I would be then! It is all about planning, making good choices and, as you said, Lease, managing your eating. I tend to get a bit carried away.

Jessaroo, I think I will aim to be under 100, then under 95, then under 90. I know it will be a long row ahead but even minus 10 kg will make a difference.

Lease243 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lease243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 8:51pm
Its really good to have an end goal in mind but to have smaller goals to focus on in the mean time, the end goal can be overwhelming. but honestly If you really want to lose the weight the first thing to do is move, it doenst matter what, it doesnt matter how, all that matters is that you move today more than you did yesterday. 10 min walk? Goal achieved. Vacummed the house? achieved. That is as easy as it needs to be at the start. 
Angel Baby Nov '13

Mrs. Sinclair April '17
TTC #2 since May '17
monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2013 at 8:51am
I am definitely in this bank. I was originally a few years back 117kg, and lost quite a bit, but lost motivation. I stayed at 93ish for years, then 3 months ago found my motivation Mojo again - I had just had my 3rd miscarriage, and started acupuncture. He didn't want us to TTC for 3 months so decided to throw myself head first into healty food and exercise. Have lost 10kg in that time. Still want to lose another 13, but hoping a baby will mean I need to put that on hold for a while.
3 little Angels July 10, May 11, Apr 13
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 10:00pm
You've done so well, Monkeys! Well done.

AFM - weigh in yesterday - 103kg. I lost 2 kilos! Pretty happy with that. Just being more thoughtful about what I eat. Cutting out unnecessary snacks and exercising a bit more. Go me!

Jessaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 10:01pm
That's a solid effort Monkeys I'd be stoked with that! I've had neither a gain nor a loss this week but meh - other things on my mind! I'm finding I'm really having to remind myself to eat during the day because I get so busy I literally forget then gorge at about 5pm which isn't good for weight loss at all! Also worried about switching to night shift next week and how that will affect things. Trying to focus on eating well MOST of the time - not being too hard on myself and making a decent effort to do some form of exercise a day to at least maintain a certain level of fitness.
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 6:47am
Super work Tan - well done you!

The scales are not saying what I think they should this week but I have been running the dog each morning for half hour and I am going swimming today.

We have the japanese student still with us and too much food to try and I was tired and hungry when we shopped yesterday and bought chocolate and ate it in the car on the way home before dinner - very bad!!

Any one else find they are heavier the second half of there cycle??
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 1:57pm
Yes, Icecream, definitely! Then a few days after Af arrives I lose the weight again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 39>