FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF advice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 23>
Author
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 5:22pm
Yep September start. My AF is pretty regular so I can predict within a day or two when it'll arrive. It'll be late August or early sept when it starts. Will ring with my day 1 in August so I can tee up the drugs etc.

Merrily stoked your scan went well.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Sponsored Links

CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 8:47pm
Like baby crazy said, don't be surprised if they do a freeze all - they did that for me, but unfortunately didn't mention it til we went in for collection...the scientist assumed we'd already been told but we hadn't so i was quite gutted, but of course it was for the best.

Ladies testing - if you find waiting for the blood tests too stressful, you can say you don't want to take more bloods and leave it til the scan, a couple of my friends did that and found they worried less.

We managed to get an appointment in a couple of weeks with our FS (he's normally booked out about 6weeks in advance!) so will get a bit more info on our options and then look at starting another IVF round soon after that - have to decide between buying Fertility Cover, or pay as we go.... in-laws have said they'll help us out financially which is lovely.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 11:15pm
Crafteachic, that was good about getting the FS appointment a bit quickier.Whether to get fertility cover or not is such a hard question, we didnt but that was in part due to my age and the FS saying it was unlikely i would qualify for it.

I agree about blood tests i was offered another one but i thought if its good thats great they will send me for a scan if its bad they would still send me for a scan. 7 week scan is next wednesday so we will know whats happening then.In the meantime I am trying to keep busy and my mind off it, which is a bit harder said than done. I feel like at the moment i have a lotto ticket that may of won the big prize and Wednesday is the day when you find if it is or not. I am the person who often wont check her tickets for ages as its nice to have the dream!!
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 4:44pm
Appointment went well today, there seemed to be about 12 follies of good size, so we're doing the trigger tonight and collection is booked for Monday morning. We checked into our hotel and I was delighted to see a nice bath with jets, so there's my evening! My partner has just gone out for bubble bath :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 9:08am
Oh Dolly thats good! Good luck for Monday. I am a little freaked just put in one of my pressies and my finger came out with bright red blood on it.. Thinking that doesnt bode well..
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 12:00pm
Oh kiwi I hope everything comes right. Hugs hun xx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 3:23pm
*hugs* kiwigirl. Might be that the pessaries are irritating your cervix and causing some bleeding there?
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 3:56pm
I really hope so. apart from the bright red colour initally I have had very minor/minimal brown spotting (hardly anything and one tissue/clot thing which could of been anything). I used pressies again and no blood.. Just spent day on couch, and will see what happens over night. Just so hard the ups and downs and to be honest prob wouldnt be too worried except for the low hcg results. Had to embies put in and its possible one didnt make it? Husband has hit the wall today, he said "as soon as we get to relax something happens and then we on pins and needles again". He's headed off for a big run so home that helps his head space. Its weird as friends only see us at nearly 7 weeks and think this stuff happens and it does, what they dont see is the stress, and the highs and lows of trying for over two years and then the last 2 months doing ivf.

Its weird i feel ok about it all so far, there just so many reasons for a bleed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 5:42pm
Fingers crossed its nothing to worry about - apparently early bleeding/spotting is common. and as you say it could be that one of the embies didn't make it, but maybe the other one has.

yeah really hard to know about fertility cover - also if we don't choose it this cycle and we need to do more than one we won't be eligible for it any more. I kinda wonder too if we just do the pay as you go and if that cycle doesnt work if we should start looking for a second opinion. ugh. so many tough decisions on this journey.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 9:17am
Kiwigirl, so hope this all turns out ok for you! So horribly stressful for you both

Crafteachic fertility cover is a hard decision ay! We very nearly went for it, but we would have had to borrow about $6k from parents to do it, and at the last minute we decided it was silly to borrow money for it, and we would just mentally resign ourselves to the fact that we would do 3 rounds, and save the money to pay for them all. As it turns out, that has (so far, cross fingers, touch wood, anything else lucky...) been the best decision as it would have been a giant waste of money for us. BUT, it could just as easily have been the opposite, so its SO hard to choose. Because its not like you can 'know' the right answer!
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 7:04pm
Hi everyone, small update from me - had ec today, they got 8 eggs. I'm a little surprised (read worried) at how dramatically the numbers have fallen since the original scan, I sure hope that doesn't continue! Nothing we can do I guess but wait til that phone call tomorrow... It is tough on the nerves huh? Hard being stuck in this hotel room too, I would love to be home with my pussycats :)
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 7:36pm
Been thinking of you today Dolly xx hope you're not too sick or sore!
8 is a good number, don't be too worried about numbers.. You really only need one ( but it is nice to have some backups in the freezer)... It is very normal to have a reasonable drop off rate. My first cycle they collected 15 eggs, by day 5 I had one to put in, and one to freeze. This last cycle(4th) we had 8 collected, then day 5 we had 1 to put in and 3 to freeze. It all depends on the cycle, but I know your feelings well! Everything about this is a waiting game - I hope to read about some lovely fertilized eggs tomorrow, but don't be disheartened if not all make it tomorrow xx
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 8:02pm
Dolly know how you feel. Will share my story - first ivf I got 26 eggs, 16 were useable of them 8 fertilised normally and 2 made it to 5 days and freezing.
Ivf 2 got 11 eggs, 4 or 5 fertilised and one made it.
Fully sucks but guess it's also normal to a certain degree.

Hope tomorrow brings good news.

Kiwi are you ok?
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 8:06pm
Hugs Dolly. 8 eggs is good though! Hoping you get the best news tomorrow!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 8:30pm
Hey Dolly, its hard not to sweet the numbers. Christchurch they told me how many they collected 12, then how many fertilised 10 and then nothing until transfer day. Where I learnt 2 good to go, 1 for freezer and one they were watching. So end of the day we had 10 fertilised and 4 made it.

As others had said it really doesnt matter, its all about the one that makes it!! Though its nice to know you have at least one in the freezer. How is the body feeling? Trust me take your time getting back to your norml routine. I didnt expect to feel so uncomfortable (not painful) for so long. You kind of think eggs out and then in all good but you forget your body has been on hormone overload, your brain on high stresslevels and someone has stuck a needle through the wall of your uteuris!! So you are entitled to relax.

Things at this end: Well apart from intinal stuff described earlier nothing else has hapened. Called FS today just to update them. Dr rang back said she wasnt worried as it wasnt a heavy bleed so they relaxed. Basically keep on pressies, and see how u/s goes on Wednesday.
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 8:41pm
Thanks ladies. Yep the painkillers were pretty sweet but I've been pretty uncomfortable since they wore off! Haven't strayed very far from my hot water bottle!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 9:50pm
The reason there can be a big drop in numbers from how many collected to how many fertilise is that not all the follicles have mature eggs in them - but they can't tell that til they've got the eggs out. Hard watching the numbers go down tho, always nice to get some in the freezer if possible.

Take care of yourself Dolly - i once read that ovaries are the size of walnuts, and then the follicles get to around 18mms, just imagine having a bunch of those inside something the size of a walnut....its really stretched, and takes a while to go back to normal, and be comfortable again - and thats not taking into consideration the bloating too, or the needles involved.

Good luck for wednesday Kiwigirl
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 8:44am
Kiwigirl - well thats good they're not worried - good luck for tomorrow!

Dolly - We had a similar thing - heaps of follies, and then eventually 7 eggs collected. Of which on day 5 there was only one suitable to transfer, although he was very good quality (5AA apparently). the next day there were 2 to freeze, so that was super exciting, but they did tell us that only 40-50% of people actually get any to freeze. And quality is more important than a big quantity. In the info it does say that 6 - 10 is the 'normal' number to collect, so you're right on track!

I was also surprised at how long it took for the 'discomfort' to subside - I think it wasn't till the day 5 transfer that I really felt ok again. Anyway, good luck!

Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 9:19am
Hey team, feeling better this morning after a good sleep. The lab called and just 4 of our eggs fertilised, but I'm actually feeling ok with that. On to the next wait!

Yay for Boris Merrily :) Thanks so much for your support everyone xx
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 9:34am
Thats good Dolly, we had 4 fertilise as well. Hope you get to have a nice lazy day today!

Yay for Boris all right Had another blood test today - why is it that tests make you SO NERVOUS for the results, even when you have no reason to think they wont be fine!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 23>