FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF advice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 23>
Author
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 3:33pm
Just got results, level is 3980 so that's perfect

No more tests now till 8 week scan on the 24th... woohoo!
Sponsored Links

Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 5:58pm
Awesome news Merrily!! Hope the scan goes well, and the wait to get there isn't too tortuous ( it probably will be though!)...
4 fertilized is good Dolly 😊 I hope they continue to do as they are meant to! Are you going to do a day 3 or 5 transfer?
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 6:17pm
They have booked a day 5 transfer on Saturday. Man I can't wait for all the clinics to have embryo cameras... and then to be able to watch them live online, haha!
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 6:50pm
Ooh do they do that in some places? We paid for time lapse this last cycle- pretty amazing to see how they develop over the 5 days! Will they call with an update on day 3 too?
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 7:19pm
No, the at home surveillance is my addition :) wouldn't it be good though?! It would be taking the nanny cam to a new extreme ;)
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 7:23pm
Yes, hopefully we'll get an update on Thursday...
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 7:41pm
Awesome HCG results Merrily!!
Dolly I have my fingers and toes crossed for a succesful transfer for you!!
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 7:52pm
Thanks kiwigirl :) and I second that Merrily - yay for those HCG results! Good luck for your scan tomorrow kiwi xx
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 8:55pm
Great news Merrily! Now you can hopefully relax for a little bit! :)

Good luck with your scan Kiwi - rather cool to see the wee flicker of a heartbeat!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 9:39pm
Great news about bloods merrily.
Dolly I hope those 4 keep on trucking for you hun x
Good luck for tomorrow kiwi.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 10:15am
Scan done and I feel shell shocked! A big sac but empty. Radiologist said in her 'world' we are 5.5 weeks and it maybe that we need another test later and it's the bloods that will really tell us stuff! Think she just being polite. Not sure what happens next. Wondering when I can ring clinic.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 10:43am
Oh Kiwigirl - I'm am so, so, sorry Cry
I'm sure you will be sent for another scan later to make sure - and it does depend on the skill of the radiologist, but certainly not what we all hoped :(
From what I've read, sometimes the baby can be hiding behind the yolk sac, so there is a chance  that nothing is wrong. If your hcg levels are still going up, then I think it's a very positive sign, which is probably what the radiologist was trying to say.
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 10:55am
Thanks Mushroom. They didn't even see a Yok sac so I'm not very hopeful. Was just a big empty black space!! They haven't tested my hcg levels since 29 June so I imagine you are right and they will order more bloods. Either way I would just like a definite answer so we can know what we are working through. hate feeling so out of control! At work trying to focus.

Edited by Kiwigirl75 - 08 July 2015 at 10:57am
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 11:01am
Hugs kiwi!!
How far along are you? They will def send you for another scan in a week to check again - if not then insist to be sure. Your clinic get the results pretty quickly so this afternoon you can ring if they haven't called you. When I had this happen my clinic nurse said bloods wouldn't tell anything at that point (8wks).
I fully know how you're feeling right now hun I was the same after mine. She'll shocked is a good way to describe it. Did you have dh with you?
Meh it fully bites!!!!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 11:37am
thanks baby crazy. our egg transfer 5 day wa on June 8th so we had been told that meant we were 7 weeks today hence the scan. Dh was there and he's in more shock than me. I had tried to prepare him for all possible outcomes but all he keeps saying is I don't understand what's going on. I kind of get it and am fairly realistic partly cause of Google and this brilliant forum which has helped with lots of info. If it is worse case when do we get to try with our frosties?
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 12:09pm
So sorry kiwigirl xxx hugs. This is what I had last year, scan at 8 weeks showed an empty sac. Hcg levels were rising perfectly and still up on the day of the scan. Went for a repeat scan 4 days later, but all was still the same. I opted for a d and c as I didn't want to wait for it to happen naturally.
I'm so sorry that this has happened to you, I know how devastating it is xx
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 12:52pm
You'll be able to use your frosties as soon as you're ready after the hcg is back to zero. Like Charlie I had d&c (a year ago this week actually) but waited a couple weeks more due to Wanting to wait until school hols then it took awhile for my bloods to go to zero. A month almost exactly after I got a bleed but hcg was still not down then another month after that normal AF arrived.
Huge hugs again - have you spoken to clinic yet? We're here for you hun.
What did the scanner mean when she said in 'her world' you're 5.5wks? Was she meaning that's what you're measuring?
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 1:14pm
Oh Kiwi hugs this is such an awful time for you So sorry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 1:15pm
Yeah the 5:5wk comment confused us but she takes her dates from day of fertilisation not lmc so technically she is right but our clinic had bee saying we 7 weeks. It is a huge difference when knowing what to expect to see. Have rung clinic and asked them to call me when they can. Just want to get next step started no matter what the outcome is
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 2:10pm
Interesting Kiwi. Basically mine said at the time that given we knew fert dates and transfer dates things weren't looking as they should for how far along I was.
Whatever.....it still doesn't help the fact that right now things suck butt though!!

HUGS HUGS HUGS xx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 23>