FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF advice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
Author
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 7:40pm
thanks everyone. Clinic rang and its a blighted ovum. They offered another scan in a week but I really got the impression that was for people who struggled to accept what has occured. I saw the scan it really was an empty vessel. WE have to make the call to d and c or let it happen naturally. Thinking we will do d and c as at least then i can control that side of it. Also just want to get on with the Frosties as soon as possible as cant really cope with this rollercaster for much longer.

What I really want to hear is success stories from you girls out there!!
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 7:51pm
Bugger Kiwi!!! So not fair. My thoughts are with you xxx

TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 8:08pm
Sorry Kiwi- that sucks xx if you have health insurance you can get the d & c done privately... Although a friend of mine had one through the public system and found it good too... I was able to do another FET a month after the d & c, so hopefully you won't need to wait too long to try again..
Make sure you give yourself time to grieve though, and make sure you and your hubby talk about it and know how to support each other through it too xx
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 9:35pm
I'm so so sorry kiwi, it is just not fair :( I wish there was something more I could do or say. It really sucks. Hugs xxx
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2015 at 9:38am
Kiwi I'm just so sorry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2015 at 12:44pm
Thanks everyone for the support. Have rung clinic and asked them to refer me to Hosptial for d and c. Am loathed to put my body through any more procedures but need to know when this will be over and I can look forward to giving the frosties a chance.

Making the call upset me more than i thought, ended ringing work and have taken the next 2 days off.
What will make me feel much better is hearing that Merrliy and Dolly have success this time!!!
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2015 at 1:05pm
Kiwi thats good you have some time off work. Such a horrible thing Look after yourself!

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2015 at 2:13pm
Good idea taking time off kiwi. I never really lost it till I was sitting in the cubical waiting for it to be done. They have me some pill to take and I sat there and cried. Sucky suck.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
youngfreeaninlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngfreeaninlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2015 at 2:32pm
Hi there,im quite new to this forum posting business and not sure if this is aloud to be asked but how is ivf? If anyone could tell me roughly please and thank you
poppy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote poppy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2015 at 4:09pm
Hi youngfreeaninlove!
Did u just want to know what IVF is like?
Everyone goes through a different procedure or plan. As for myself I had to go through ivf in feb this year due to having endometriosis and my fiance having antisperm antibodies, which was our main problem. Our ivf procedure consisted of starting injections the first day of my period in feb. I also had to do another injection midway so was doing one morning, one night. Had to go to the clinic to check progress, then came egg collection day and sperm collection. This was a little uncomfortable but not too bad. They collected 14 eggs but out of the 14 only 4 fertilized. They poppednone back inside me on day 3 and then came the horrible time of waiting to see if it worked. I didnt enjoy this part, was really emotional. But a week and half later we got the call to say it worked and im now pregnant with a little girl, due November so was all worth it, but everyones stories are different
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2015 at 6:58pm
Poppy yay!!!! I didn't know you were having a girl :) I know everyone feels differently on this, but I think it must be such a wonderful feeling to find out. How has everything been going? X

As for me, I don't think I've ever been so happy to get home! Had our little blast transferred this morning, then hit the road and made the long drive back to Nelson. Well, my partner did while I snoozed :)
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2015 at 9:26pm
Dolly - did you get any frosties? Good luck for tww.

Poppy congrats on the wee girl - exciting xxx

Youngandfree - welcome poppy covered ivf very well. All I'll add is that if you're not publicly funded it costs around $13,000.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2015 at 1:06pm
We're not sure how many frosties BC, the other 3 were still going yesterday morning and they were going to check which ones were suitable for freezing later in the day :)
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2015 at 1:32pm
That's sounding promising Dolly that the three left were still going ok.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2015 at 1:46pm
Dolly that sounds great!! Hoping the trip home to Nelson went well. 'got my fingers and toes crossed for you!!
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2015 at 1:55pm
Thanks ladies :) Man it was good to sleep in our own bed last night! How are you doing kiwi? Have been thinking of you, hope you're ok. Let me know if you'd like to grab a coffee or something :)
poppy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2015 at 5:09pm
Thanks ladies,
yes i totally understand people wanting to wait for the surprise, but for us we honestly couldn't wait, were far too excited!! Everythings been going good, although they found a wee cyst under her chin, so gotta get that checked out in wellington this week.
I wish u ladies all the very best of luck for upcoming/current treatments. Dont give up!!!
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 10:27am
Hey Kiwi - thinking of you and hope you are doing ok.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 11:17am
thanks merrily. Am scheduled for a d and c tomorrow. Not sure what to expect. Just want to get back to some normality by trying to hit the gym etc. Not sure if that's allowed straight away. then I guess we will look at when we go ahead with the frosties! how everything at your end?
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 11:43am
D&c are pretty straight forward Kiwi. They put you under, do what they need then you'll be home the same day. I was told to take it easy for a couple weeks eg no heavy lifting, gentle exercise etc as your uterus is recovering. Huge hugs hun xxx
Have you made a review appt with your clinic?
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>