FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF advice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 23>
Author
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 8:21pm
Wanted to make review appt but they all booked up this month. They not up y way again until August. Not sure if thats all booked out thou
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2015 at 4:40pm
Right am home, everything went well. Made the nurse and hubby laugh as she asked me if i needed anything. I was still out of it and replied all i want is to go to the gym!! Hubby impressed with my focus! Feel quite good at the mo. Overheard nurse say surgeon saying my levels were at 16 so he thought i was in a lot of pain so gave me 4 morphine, turned out after procedure levels were at 16 so opps didnt seem like I needed it! Not complaining as I think its helping now. Looking forward to plannning to try again.

Hope everyone else has had good hcg blood results!
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2015 at 4:43pm
*hugs* kiwigirl. Glad things were straight forward and you are home again. Hope hubby is looking after you really well tonight!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2015 at 4:47pm
Haha kiwi that's funny! Glad it went ok, hope the recovery goes well for you. How soon will you be able to try again? Sorry you are having to go through all this.

As for me... feeling SICK! Constantly. Which is awful. But of course its a good thing. I was having a freak out earlier in the week because all my symptoms had disappeared... turns out they were just gearing up to hit me harder, which is very relieving! 8 week scan next friday...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2015 at 5:23pm
Oh Merrily here's something I never thought I'd say but I am so glad you are feeling sick!! i kinda of knew with me as after week 3 I stopped feeling sick and had other indicators. So it was no surprise when I went for my scan.

Here's to having an awesome scan next week.. Not sure when I get to try again, but as my 40th looms closer ie November I'd like to get a move on..Plus there a very real hance hubby will be out of town next year for 5-6months and although technically he is no longer needed its something I'd like him to be there for so he feels part of it all!!

All the best for next week, make sure you jump here and let us know how it went!!
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 8:46am
Thanks Kiwi, Haha yeah who'd have thought feeling sick would be a kind of relief!

Hope you're feeling ok today and can have a nice relaxing day. That must be weird re hubby being away - I fully get that you still feel like he should BE there. Imagine telling your kid in 15 years time 'oh no, dad wasn't around' - hoho.   
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 8:51am
Hi guys! Merrily YAY for 8 weeks! That feels like a real milestone, stoked for you :) Glad things wend well Kiwi - onwards and upwards!

We got our letter from the lab yesterday, they froze two of our day 5 blasts, so we're super happy with that. Like you all said, you just never know!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 11:37am
awesome news Dolly! Very reassuring to know you got two in the bank!! It certainly has helped me knowing that. Am back at work today, and have started back at gym and being good on my diet. Not that I'm a nut about those things but for last couple months I let things slide as it wasn't my focus. Just need to feel in control again so good to put on some goals. Clinic tang this morning to see how we want to move forward but typical I was on the phone! Playing phone tag now. Does anyone know after d and c they will let us try again? As always all the best. merrily good luck for Friday!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 11:59am
Brilliant someone has cancelled and the dr is in Nelson tomorrow! Really didn't want to wait a month until she was up again.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 12:11pm
Yay Kiwi!
6+ yrs TTC#2
FET#2 - BFN
Oct 16 BFP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 12:48pm
Yay Kiwi.

I presume they'd maybe wait until your bloods are zero and you've had a normal period / cycle? Not 100% sure.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 1:39pm
Kiwi thats great you dont have to wait!
CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 5:57pm
Have ay of you ladies had PGD testing done?
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 5:59pm
appt done, saw Dr sarah Wakeman, Our Dr greg philipson has left to work in Aussie. She was nice and matter of fact, which works for us. We like it striaght no sugar coating and no hand holding. Basically she is happy for us to straight after first AF. Given us script for estrogen so when we feel ready after an AF we just ring and then get started.

She did ask us to thik about whether we put in one or two embroyos. She stated its up to her but she had to state one is safer than twins especially as I am a little older but its our call.

She said chances of concieving arent less with two but pregnecy risks are higher.

So we are now having a wee debate.. Previously we did two as we couldnt see us trying again after the first was born due to our ages. Now not so sure, has anyone else had any thoughts on whether they went ahead with one or two. We only have two in the chiller!!
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 6:31pm
Hi craftea, I haven't done pgd but if you jump over to the ttc 12+ months thread, a.girl is doing it for an upcoming cycle.

Glad your appt went well kiwi. We have transferred to dr Wakeman also, and have really enjoyed her. I personally am pro-SET but it is such a personal decision. Funded rounds have to be SET because of the higher risks associated with multiples. On the other hand a friend of mine transferred two (on a privately funded round) because one wasn't suitable for freezing and she conceived twins - I think I would have done the same in that situation :) Good luck making your decision. Was she able to give you any more info on the blighted ovum?
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 6:32pm
Great to hear your appt went well Kiwi.

Personally I would stick with one but probably because I one I put it split into two anyway!! I can see where you're coming from. I guess you have to consider whether you want to literally hedge all your bets on one more transfer by putting two in now or put one in and if it works yay if not you've still got one more shot.

All the best with that debate!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 9:30pm
Thanks Dolly
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
Spikey1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spikey1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 11:09am
Hi ladies,

I’m just wondering how long everyone has had to wait for treatment once placed on the waiting list for public funding. We have been told the list is now 24 months in Hamilton and that we get to start IVF in June 2017. I’m just curious as to how long you have been told it would be, compared to how long it was before you actually started.

Thanks 
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 3:03pm
Hi Spikey,

I'm afraid that is the actual wait time now. I'm just starting IVF in Auckland after having been on the list for 18 mths (scary how fast the wait time is increasing). My allocated month didn't change at all.

Best thing to do during the weight is to concentrate on your health and fitness to give you something positive to do that will help at the other end as well :) It seems like forever, but the wait does go by faster than you'd think! Good luck!
6+ yrs TTC#2
FET#2 - BFN
Oct 16 BFP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 4:15pm
Really? I am super glad that I went through public when I did even if it didn't flipping work - that's a ridiculously long time to wait especially if you've already waited 5yrs due to unexplained infertility. You poor girls I feel terrible for you.

And thinking about it even back when I got into the public thing a couple years back I was told 6mths to start IUI using a donor and it was bang on 6mths. They seem to be pretty accurate...dang it.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 23>