FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF advice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>
Author
CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2015 at 12:57pm
Yeah fingers crossed it does the trick.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
Sponsored Links

Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2015 at 6:05pm
Good luck Craftea... Will you be doing the Colorado protocol too? I generally did both?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2015 at 6:11pm
Thanks Charlie - I'm not sure about Colorado yet, they hadn't mentioned it to me this time round (have done variations in the past), but Dr brought it up today thinking I was on it, so he was going to check my plan and decide if he wanted me to try it again or not. They had stopped me doing the antibiotics part the last few times I'd done colorado as I'm allergic to penicillin and they didn't want to risk me being allergic to other antibiotics.

Feel like i've being taking the pill for ages already but its only been a week - gonna be a long wait to start taking the proper drugs lol
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2015 at 6:20pm
Does anyone else find the Pill gives them pimples? I don't normally get pimples til the week before AF is due, but I'm getting this week (AF was only last week) :(
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2015 at 7:56am
Off for another blood test! Does anyone feel like a blood test pro? Almost reckon I could do it myself now! All the staff know me there now. I think they will be almost as excited as me when I finally get a bfp!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2015 at 11:27am
We should get frequent flyer miles for the number of blood tests we get!
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2015 at 11:32am
I know!! They no longer getting blood but from my hands which hurts a little bit! On the up side they all know me there and it's quite fun seeing them all!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2015 at 11:35am
I had one of the phlebs tell me I should start using bio oil on my test sites as I was starting to get scarring on my veins! I generally offer them my left arm first cos my easy vein is in my right arm and I don't want them using it all the time and ruining it. I had been known at one lab, but then started going to another, now I'll probably start going back to the first one. Think hey get to know us FA clients quickly.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Trying trying! View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trying trying! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2015 at 6:04am
Hi all
Haven't been on for a while. Wondering if anyone knows what will happen at Otago Fertility Services this summer (since FA taking over)?
I am 39yrs 7mnths - trying to conceive 2yrs 8mnths. We qualify for private in Jan '16 and by then it'll be FA in Dunedin running the show. But since I turn 40 in April they've said that's the cut off point for funded ivf. :/ have paid for one private round late last year unsuccessful two transfers and can't afford to pay for another . Have this fear that I'll get to next year and they won't see me by the time I'm 40 therefore it's time wasted, and my chance to have a baby will be gone. Maybe therell be a miracle and it'll all happen naturally and easily (haha yeah right as if!!)
Thoughts? Experiences?
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2015 at 8:46am
Hi Trying. It is your age at referral rather than your age at treatment that qualifies you for public funding - ie if you qualify in January then you'll be on the list regardless of turning 40 in April. I can't tell you how the changeover will affect the wait time though.
Trying trying! View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trying trying! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2015 at 11:18am
Hi Dolly. Thanks for your message :)
Yes - we will just be on the three year point of trying that pushes us into getting 'accepted' on public funding as at 1 Jan 2016.
I had a lap/hyst in Feb that showed some endo which gave us a few extra points towards the acceptance too.
Thanks for the encouraging words...
If I knew it was worth it we would probably try for bank loan to pay off over a few years to get another private IVF cycle before January rolls around and my egg store is '4 months older'... but there are no clear cut answers as we all know!!
Hope your journey is going ok Dolly.
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2015 at 11:48am
I so relate to what you're saying - Its so frustrating thinking about one's eggs aging while waiting to get to the top of the list! On the plus side, the fact that you have had one cycle already will arm them with more information to make a plan for next time :)
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2015 at 3:11pm
Hi can anyone whose gone or going through the Christchurch FA publicly let me know the approx time line of things?
I've submitted my forms for FA to score they said they will write to me with the outcome so assuming I qualify there's an approx 12mth wait for first appointment is that right?
And is that 12mths started from when you were first referred to FA to be scored?
Also once you have the first appointment how long does it take to start IVF treatment?
TIA :)
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2015 at 3:32pm
Hi Kristy, for me it went like this:
July '14 - referred to Chch FA by my gynaecologist
August '14 - funding letter from FA, first appointment 1 week later
May '15 - pre IVF appt
July '15 - started treatment
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2015 at 4:11pm
Awesome thank you Dolly
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 4:56pm
Hi all
I've been stalking on this forum for a while so thought it was about time I actually participated, as I think over the next wee while I'm probably going to need more than just the vicarious support I get from reading what's going on with you all!
A little about me: 35years old (DH 43), TTC #1 for 3+ years and officially unexplained, so no public funding for another couple of years. Had hysteroscopy D&C a month or so ago to remove small uterine polyp. Today is CD1 of our first IVF cycle; doing short antagonist cycle, so EC will be in a couple of weeks. Trying to balance hoping that this will be only IVF cycle, with the need to avoid the crushing disappointment that has come at the end of every TWW so far.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 6:09pm
Welcome. Hope your ivf goes well and you end up with the baby at the end.
The ttc 12mths thread is quite active with many doing ivf right now so feel free to pop in there for support too :)
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 6:15pm
Hi roubaix. It's definitely a balancing act between being hopeful and protecting yourself from disappointment.
Looks like we might be close to cycle buddies :) I'm due for EC the week starting the 14th. Fingers crossed this is a lucky time of year for everyone :)
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
nicsa122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicsa122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 8:30pm
Hi guys,
Actually new to this forum and only just started TTC, but thinking of asking doc if we can skip the whole clomiphene/IUI stage and go straight to IVF since it sounds like there will be a wait. Can anyone give me an idea of our likely hood of public funding for IVF in Chch and anything that will speed up the process eg pay for the first appointment ourselves? Our story: me 26, DH 29, have just had my 4th Endo op and surgeon has said it was the most severe he has seen. Hubby has low testosterone, going to get semen analysis soon but suspect will have low sperm count because of it. Going to see the doctor for follow up operation consult on Thursday and he's going to arrange blood tests then, although I have to have another lap in 3 months so can't start trying until after then anyway. Just wondering what I can do to improve my chances, if I'm going to get IVF I may aswell start Zolodex while I'm waiting to preserve what's left of my fertility. As an aside I had a restorative justice meeting with a man who assaulted and robbed our pharmacy recently, and whilst there they were pleased to tell me that him and his partner had conceived a child via publicly funded IVF WHILE HE WAS IN JAIL. What is wrong with our system!!! How can some women get refused treatment but a career criminal serving eight years in jail is allowed funding!!!!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 9:09pm
Firstly welcome.
Secondly wtf re the criminal and ivf??? That is very wrong.

So I'm with Wellington but highly recommend paying for first appt as sped up our journey by about 5mths. Not sure of the waiting list down there but generally it's upwards of 12mths. You're best to get that private appt now and get on the list ASAP. You can still have your lap in the meantime. Have they recommended clomid and iui already? Personally had iui x4 and nothing close to it working so I'd save your public funding for ivf. However others have had iui success so who knows?!!.
All the best with wherever the journey takes you :)
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>