FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF advice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 23>
Author
CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 8:32am
Oh thats right they no longer give you daily updates on your embies. I'm sure you'll have a few goodies :) Fingers crossed for you.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
Sponsored Links

Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 12:02pm
Good luck for today Kiwigirl, hope it goes/went well :-) Very interested to hear how you get on!

I had first scan yesterday, I cant remember the numbers but there were 'plenty' of eggs, going well, next scan tomorrow, and the Dr thought I might even be ready for triggering tomorrow maybe... so anyway, see how it goes! So, back in the car super early tomorrow, not sure whether we will be coming home again or staying a couple of nights- playing it by ear!
Worst bit is I have a really horrible cold and am feeling terrible - Sneezing and coughing and really snotty and miserable - boo!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 12:30pm
Oh sucky you're feeling miserable Merrily. Nice its all going smoothly for you :)
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 2:48pm
Kiwigirl - hope you got your transfer today and everything went well!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 6:43pm
Good news on the scan merrily. Long may it continue.

Well girls I managed to live like I'm 21 again on Saturday and had a great night - one of the best I've had in a long long time. Yesterday was certainly a couch day though....was feeling rather seedy but couldn't work out why I still felt blah later in the day until I realised hello AF had shown up. Hangover and AF cramps fully blow lol. And good ole AF is the gift that keeps giving today with aches all over and general flatness....hope i start to perk up tomorrow as its dumb.
Anyway not to worry - appt with FA on Friday....bring it! I'm even going with a list of questions this time. Something I never do.
Hope you're ok Kiwigirl and things went ok today.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 9:39pm
Baby crazy- sounds like you had a wonderful night. I hate as I have got older my recovery rate from a night out is so slow it has me questioning whether the night out is worth it! 😃 Merrliy all the best for the next part of the journey. Don't worry about being sick, the day we travelled down to Christchurch I was so full of the cold my work tried sending me home. it passed as quickly as it came and I am sure it was related to the drugs. I hardly ever get sick.
The transfer was a breeze in and out within 20 mins. Two embies put In And we were told they were a great quality. No grading given but apparently they send a report out in the post. Photo sent to email of them was cool. One for freezing and maybe another one or two tomorrow when they check them. So as good as we could of hoped for. Just fingers and toes crossed for the next bit.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 9:22am
Great news Kiwigirl! Hope the next 10 days don't drag on too much for you!!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 12:43pm
Yay Kiwigirl - Pregnant until proven otherwise! Glad transfer went well for you :)

I can't remember - are you doing a privately funded cycle? I'm just a bit curious about you getting to transfer 2 embryos as I understand that is an exception these days.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 8:22pm
We went private as we did not qualify for public. As I turn forty this year the Dr had no problem letting us put two in. I kind of figured why not, if we still have some in to freeze and it does not decrease chances of it working.

Edited by Kiwigirl75 - 09 June 2015 at 8:23pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2015 at 8:52am
Ok that makes sense :) We had the opportunity to put 2 in last time, and I kinda wish we had, though i doubt it'd have made any difference, but they thought we'd end up with some in the freezer again, but we didn't, even tho they'd made it to blasts on day 5 they were the right quality for freezing, so i wish we'd just given another one a shot at sticking..... the silly 'what ifs' that go through our minds!

hope the waiting isn't doing your head in xo
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2015 at 9:55am
babycrazy - good luck for you appointment tomorrow!

Kiwigirl - yay for 2 embryo's! Hope its all going OK and the times not dragging too much!

We had second scan Tuesday and egg collection will be tomorrow morning. I'm quite nervous about that now! Anyway its nice to have no injections today. I'm getting really tired so will be nice to have a few days after that before we have to go up for embryo transfer (fingers crossed of course!).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2015 at 11:40pm
merrily how did egg collection go? had my fingers and toes crossed for you. hopefully you found the process ok. I found it fine but the next two days I was really sore. Manageable but not comfortable but it passed!!

We got letter from clinic and they managed to freeze two so we pleased with that. Have been doing ok with the waiting. Some days I feel positive vibes other days false ones like thinking I have brought a winning lotto ticket. Wednesday is blood test day and I am nervous about it. It's like when I buy a lotto ticket I never like to check it straight away. It's nice to hold on to the hope! As some said preggie unless told otherwise!! 😊

Sending good vibes out to you all💛😆
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2015 at 8:52am
2 frozen is cool :-) Fingers very crossed for wednesday then!

Well egg collection wasnt pleasant, but it was ok really. I was so scared before hand i hardly slept all night! But anyway it was ok - I pretty much slept all the way home, most of the evening, and aaaallllll night. Finally awake!!
As for the score... 7 eggs! woohoo! We've been told to call today around 10 to find out how many fertilised. Fun :-)

Its funny because its exciting but I'm nervous about being excited in case it doesn't work!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2015 at 7:14pm
Merrily, 7 is good! hope the call about how many fertilized went well. Remember its not about quanity but the quality!! Hope you feeling ok today
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2015 at 7:44pm
Hope everyone else is going well and embies are growing.....
We are transferring our only frozen embryo on Wednesday. My wife had a good scan and bloods on Friday so as long as it defrosts we are good to go..... 95% chance of that but still nervous.
We are snappy and nervous..... Possible down side to two women
IVF 1- No embryos to transfer
IVF 2- BFN
IVF 3- BFP, miscarriage at 7 weeks
IVF 4- BFP, Joshua born 15/12/2013 and one frozen embryo
FET- CP
IVF 5- Baby number 2 due 21/2/2017 and 1 frozen embryo ❤

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2015 at 8:31pm
Good luck ambk11!! Hope it all goes well.
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 9:16am
Good luck amk11!

So 4 of our eggs fertilised, which is cool. 1 didn't and 2 fertilised abnormally - I'm wondering if the abnormal fertilisations might be a sign of maybe whats been going wrong with us - since we are 'unexplained' still. Will be interesting to talk to Dr about that.

Transfer on Wednesday - exciting
Hopefully our little embies are doing what they should!
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 9:27am
Just a note to say I'm thinking of you all. Kiwi I hope you're coping with the waiting ok! Best of luck for Wednesday amk and Merrily :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2015 at 2:56pm
Thanks Dolly!! Driving myself a little nuts at the mo trying not to think about it too much or read into anything. Merrily wishing you all the best for transfer!   Hope egg collection wasn't too bad. I am still tender and am assuming it's from that. Noting too much but sneezing isn't fun! amk wishing you and your wife all the best!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2015 at 7:06pm
Good luck to you all. sending lots of sticky dust and hope all those embies are growing well xo
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 23>