FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOlder Mums TTC in 2015/2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 8:15am
Hey ladies how's everyone doing??

Sponsored Links

ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 5:12pm
It's been a bumpy ride. Being pregnant doesn't suit me lol!
Rin007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rin007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2016 at 11:38am
Hi ladies, hope you don't mind if I join you here. I am 35 (turning 36 in November) and we are TTC #2 at the moment. Our DS was born in August last year - after a bit of a rough ride TTC him, 2 miscarriages in April and July 2014 and then finally conceived him in December 2014. After 2 miscarriages I am super-anxious about getting on the TTC rollercoaster again. I have been charting my temp since April (did this in 2014 too) and I wasn't sure I was OV'ing from the look of the charts, so I went to see my doc a couple of weeks ago and got some Day 3 blood tests done and all my hormone levels are looking ok. This is only the second month we've been trying so will see how we go. I joined a forum after my first MC in 2014 and the support helped me soooo much. Hope we can support each other here too   
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2016 at 1:59pm
Sorry it's been rough Yts, pregnancy didn't sit well with me either I can't believe inn signing up for it again lol. We're trying for #2 as well Rin. My son turned 2 in April, I'm 38 in a few weeks time (although my husbands only just turned 29!). We got pregnant quickly with our son so hoping things are straightforward again this time but you never know until you try so trying to be positive. Sorry you've had to go through loss, have everything crossed things run smoothly for you this time round keep in touch, you have my support. This will be our first month properly trying

ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2016 at 6:31pm
I am 36 and expected TTC #1 would take ages or be difficult as my GP told me after incorrectly interpreting blood results so we went straight to FA. By the 3rd month I was pg. Have been so lucky not to have any MCs that I am aware of. I had a really scary stay in hospital overnight a month ago because my mood plummeted and my anxiety was so high. I feel bad for not liking being pg but it's ok as everyone has different experiences. All the best for ttc.
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2016 at 11:58am
yeah the hormones really mess with your head dont they yts, its not all butterflies, roses and 'glowing'thats for sure!!

PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2016 at 2:32pm
Hey Tinka and others, how are you getting on? The "waiting to TTC" thread seems very inactive so I thought I'd pop in here instead! I'm 35, 36 in September, incidentally about the time my current pill script runs out. We'll not be getting anymore, so thats exciting, but it took us 2.5 years to conceive our daughter so I won't get my hopes up too soon. How are you getting on everyone?

TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2016 at 7:27pm
Hey Porter

We're doing okay, had a first try last month without any luck. Was in two minds about trying this coming month as I'd end up due on my sons 3rd birthday! I figure it could take awhile though so will probably just give it another go anyway!

JW206350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW206350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2016 at 10:00pm
I am in my early 40's and TTC for 3 months. I was happy to call the fertility clinic (Repromed) for an appointment and was told 'we have had heaps of women in their 40's get pregnant recently'...that cheered me up!
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 5:33pm
Yah that sounds promising JW!

Karenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 8:01pm
I'd be very interested to hear how you get on with Repromed JW. I'm a similar age and FA won't do anything to help me besides IVF with donor eggs (which we can't afford).
TTC #2 April 2014.
MCs: May 2014, November 2014, April 2015, August 2015.
MMC: 10 weeks August 2016.
JW206350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW206350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 10:59pm
Karenka will let you know. When I asked what types of treatments these women had they told me they were varied, so fingers crossed.
Julzaye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julzaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 9:34pm
Hi all!! I'm Julz. My partner and I are jumping on the TTC wagon. I have a child from my previous relationship but it has been 7 years since I have given birth and for that whole time I have been on both depo and the contraceptive pill. So I'm rather nervous as to how long it will take to get pregnant......but like cheese good things take time lol
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2016 at 7:57am
Hey Julz, welcome on board! Hope things happen quickly for you, keep us updated :)

Bonnie7725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnie7725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 5:26pm
Hi all. I'm joining too. I'm 37 (38 in January) and we are ttc our first. We've had 3 miscarriages in the last 2 years. I've had surgery for a uterine septum and we're back to trying this year. We're in month 4 now and I am secretly positive. But we all know how that can turn out! Where's everyone else at?
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 6:37pm
Welcome Bonnie :) I turned 38 this week. We're about to try for our 2nd, our son turned 2 in April. We got pregnant with him straight away but feel like it may take quite a bit longer this time since its been 3 years almost to the day since I conceived my little boy. Hope you get your bfp quickly!

mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2016 at 4:02pm
Just like to say hi. Im 42 and just about to start ttc my second child. I have a 6year old boy. Hopefully get my iud out next week and then we're all go. Not sure how it will go this time as I'm quite a bit older but was easy (only took 2cycles last time). My cycles are still as regular as always so let's hope nature is not against me. Am prepared that things might not work but dont want to look back in years to come and say what if?
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2016 at 7:24pm
Welcome Mizpix :) I'm in the same boat as you, want to give number two a go so at least we know we've tried. Good luck, hope it goes super smooth for you

TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2016 at 12:06pm
Hows everyone going? Any updates? Would a Facebook page make it easier to chat??

mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2016 at 1:43pm
Hi tinkaelle. Seems like there is not a lot of chat on here these days. Back when i had my last child there was heaps of ladies chatting away. Now it seems like a ghost town. Maybe they are all on private Facebook pages. I guess thats more secure. My due date group moved to facebook when our babies were around a year old and we still mostly keep in touch on there even now. I found it very useful joining in with the conversation for which ever time i was in esp the charting thread when i was ttc. Am charting again this time as i get a much better idea of what my cycle is up to. Any way iud came out yesterday so am about a week away from my period and then let the fun commence! So where are you other "older" ladies up to with ttc?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>