FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone due Dec 07??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 92>
Author
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 10:28am
Down on all fours, Emz! Crawling round the floor or scrubbing it apparently....sounds like fun!

Sponsored Links

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 1:45pm
I think there's still plenty of time for bubs to turn emz although I guess it would be easier if he turned before he starts running out of room

I think there are a few yoga poses you can do to try & turn him. Not sure if they work or not...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 1:48pm
I know this one apparently creates more space for baby to turn...

">

Just don't try after eating
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 11:47am
Haha, mmm I could see that one not going down too well on a full stomach! Thanks for it though, might start giving it a try!
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 2:45pm
Howdy all.

I haven't used the internet for at least a couple of weeks... wowee. Been relaxing and reading alot, which forces me online to sell alot of the books I have in storage on Trade Me. Going to see midwife at 4pm, she called and she's at the birth centre and can squeeze me in today instead of a home visit tomorrow afternoon (suits me better).

Tom has been awesome, he comes home from work and then does any outstanding housework that needs to be done without question, makes me feel bad, but he is being really understanding.

Emz, good luck on turning bubs. I swear my lil man is in the funniest positions all the time, he gives me kicks in the most random places.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 9:22am
Morning Mums to be,

Had a very relaxing weekend which was nice. I still have not finished the room tho but that is my plan for next weekend!...seems to be my plan for every weekend. Will post a pic in the enxt couple of days as am due to take one today. I am feeling like i haven't grown a whole lot so will be interesting to see.

I only have 8 weeks to go!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 9:57am
We went away to Paihia for the weekend which was also very relaxing...

Wow Peanut, 8 weeks to go. I can't believe how fast the time is going by.

I think we have most of the little things we need but we still haven't made any decisions on the car seat or stroller. So that's our project for the weekend...
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 2:01pm
Hi ladies,

We have been rather quiet on here lately- we will have to pick things up when we all have stopped work and will probably be bored

I had a busy weekend. Watched DP in his Ekiden Relay, went for a bush walk(6km!!!!), went out for dinner and visited friends and went to SILs place for dinner too. Hmm dosnt sound like that much when it is written down but I hardly had a chance to sit down.

I have officially finished all my assignments- Yay for me!!! I just have 3 exams to do in a couple of weeks and then thats it. Woohoo!! Maybe we should do countdown tickers for our jobs/study too.

I cant wait for the long wknd as we have our 3D scan on friday, going to the beach till monday and also DP wants to look at engagement rings. He would rather me choose something that I like and he hold onto it for a little while then surprise me with a proposal. What has everyone else got planned for their weekend?

How is everyone feeling lately? My heartburn is bothering me at the moment and titralac dont work that well. Tell me if I am being rude but how is everyones weight gain going? I think I have gained about 12kg so far and hopefully not much more to go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 2:55pm
Ha ha Topsy, I love your new ticker and yay for finishing all your assignments. I bet that's a big weight off your shoulders. Good luck for the exams too... is this your last year?

How exciting on the engagement ring front. I never got to choose mine as DH bought it overseas. But he did well & I'm happy

My heartburn has settled down at the moment. I take gaviscon tabs which did the trick for me. Might be worth a try??

I've gained about 10kg so far. At my last MW appt I'd lost 200g . But she wasn't concerned as baby is getting bigger.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:33pm
Topsy, how exciting...I love rings. I didn't get to pick mine but as I am jewelley obbessed DH had been dragged into plenty of shops prior to. Congrats on your assignments!

I haven't had heartburn but apparently quickez (?) work well.

I have gained 11 kgs so far. I also haven't grown in the last 2-3 weeks and haven't gained weight in that time. My MW isn't concerned as was measuring larger than I should have anyway.

No point adding a new ticker for me. I only finish 3 days before my due date.

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:43pm
Congrats on finishing your assignments Topsy. I've still got quite a few to do that are due in the next 3 weeks, but alas OhBaby is too addictive! Actually I'm doing a lot better than most of the non-pregnant, live-at-home, don't work younger ones at college on the assignment front, so I'm pretty proud of myself!

I got to pick my ring 'for future reference', then DH sneakily ordered it (as I wanted a few things changed) and proposed about a month after we initially went looking. I love rings
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 6:36pm
I weighed myself last week and my total weight gain was 8 kilos. Probally more now that it's a week later, but I haven't been too bad. I think I snack less than most pregnant women, I don't exercise but I was already overweight before I fell preggers. I still feel massive.

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 8:27pm
I've put on about 10kgs, I eat crappy food and double the servings I used to. My m/w just told me to eat what I feel like which was such good advice - I was obviously lacking dairy because all I eat at the moment is chocolate and icecream between meals!

I've been getting there's really weird pains in my *area* today - way too low to be kicks so I checked to see if bubs had turned a bit and doesn't feel like it. Argh, probably one of those wonderful pregnancy mysteries!

This may sound horrible (and I know I am behind most of you) but is anyone else completely over being pregnant? I just don't feel human and I've got so much to do that I need to feel 100%. Unfortunately my insomnia's come back again, hopefully it doesn't last for 3 weeks like it did last time, I swear DH was just about to pack his bags to go and live with my parents as I was such a b***h!
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 9:23am
Im with you emz, I am over it too!

Sally, It is kinda my last year at Uni. I just have one paper to do next year. I stupidly decided to take on two full year papers which meant I would have 6 papers to do for second semester (normal is 4). I decided that it may be too much and would end up failing all of them because my stress levels would have hit the roof. So glad I did that because even 5 papers was extremely hard going!
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 10:46am
I LOVE being pregnant and am def not over it yet. I think in another 4 weeks I may be but at the moment am really enjoying it!

Its good to see you back Ladyluck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 11:47am
I wouldn't say I'm over being pregnant just yet but I'm sure it'll happen in the next few weeks. Sleeping & getting comfortable in bed is my main problem at the moment. I get such sore hips from continuously shifting from side to side   
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 12:35pm
Maybe its just me and Topsy then... My cousin told me the other day that the only other person who didn't enjoy their pregnancy that she knows never wanted to be a mother and maybe I wasn't connected to my baby. This from a woman who's never actually been pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I feel blessed that we could conceive and I am dying to meet Jack, I'm just having a lot of other health problems at the moment that can't be sorted until after I give birth. eg. I'm on the waiting list for an op which has had to be postponed twice since being pg (after being on the list for 3 years), can't eat the foods I'm supposed to for IBS because they make me sick, can't take my migraine meds that I was on for 6 years before TTC. So its just waiting for him to be born so I can fix myself. But on the other hand I want him to stick in there for the whole time as he's more fragile than I am!
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 12:40pm
**lurking**

sorry to be the bearer of bad news ems and topsy, but it gets a whole lot harder and theres a whole lot more pains in these last few weeks!! Believe me, I am struggling big time!!

**lurking out**

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 12:46pm
I totally understand what you're saying emz. Hang in there for a little longer & hopefully the next few wks will fly by so you can get back on track with your own health

I may or may not have mentioned before but from time to time I find it really difficult (& sometimes virtually impossible) to eat & swallow. At the moment, I'm going through a bit of a bad patch which has me pretty worried about bubs, even though my MW assures me it will be ok. So maybe, I am resenting being pregnant a little cos if I wasn't then I'd only have myself to worry about... Only 9 short weeks to go though.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 1:09pm
I so understand where you are coming from. I am just lucky in that I have had no issues at all. If I had, I would be dying for this wee one to be out! It wasn't my intention to make you feel bad and I honestly believe that everyone gets "over being pregnant" in the end. I have never heard anyone that wants to stay pregnant past the 40 weeks! As I say, give me another 2-4 weeks and I will be joining you!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 92>