FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone due Dec 07??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 92>
Author
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 2:09pm
Sal, I think you do it from about 30ish weeks from the pregnancy book, but I wouldn't stress if the m/w hasn't told you to do it. I'm not recording either, I'm definitely getting more than 10 kicks a day that's for sure! Although I do think a lot of them are BH as a lot are more the tightening feeling than actually getting a beating. I still think its bubs trying to turn though.

Is anyone else getting pain really low down (it actually feels like its right at my cervix). I don't know if it's bubs trying to ram his head into position or not?

Peanut, will PM you my number now.
Sponsored Links

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 4:47pm
I still feel bubs turning. All the time. He moves into the funniest position. But always seems to be in the right position for the midwife.

Getting braxton hicks every week now, but I am dealing with them. I am sure the real thing is much worse. I find having a hot shower and a cuddle works well.

My heartburn is still out of control. Gah. I am chewing so many Mylanta tablets that its not even funny.

I start my Antenatal classes on Monday evening (mine are for 2 hours every monday for 6 weeks). Hamilton was booked out for ages when I was looking to get myself in months ago. But at least everything will be fresh in my mind.

Having trouble bending over without discomfort now. I think DP will be glad when the pregnancy itself is over... hes the house work king at the moment.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 9:08pm
I haven't felt any BH! Went to my MW about my swelling today and she isn't concerned...I am just one of the lucky ones destined to be a blimp!!

I don't count my movements as kinda pay attention to it anyway. You should be feeling about 10 movements a dayw hich is easy to keep track of. My wee one is head down and nearly engaged so they don't usually move from there! Yah!! I am having a wee pain every now and again down low but only lasts like 3 seconds.

Will PM you all with the numbers now!

BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 10:15pm
Just to let you all know my real name is Kirstin. Thanks for the ph list peanut! Now who will be first to go into labour??????
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 10:25pm
Hopefully not me as I'm due last! But you never know, I'm determined to evict our little critter after 37 weeks anyway (hope that doesn't sound bad, but they're full term then so no probs).

I'm really nervous about AN classes, not so much for me but for DH. We start on Monday too. I've heard from one of the Jan mums that they separated them and made them right lists in gender groups. My DH would hate that on the first session. And me, well I can imagine I'll be one of the youngest, if not the youngest one there. At least I know one lady already, she's due a week after me and we work together.
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 4:47pm
Yeah it will be interesting to see who pops first. I wouldn't mind if mine came about 38 weeks or so - as long as he's ok...

We've just got back from the Parent & Child Show. It was ok & we did get quite a few samples so I guess it was all worth it. I did buy some baby massage oil & some pre-birth spray...

Emz, who are you doing your classes through? We've been to 2 of our classes so far & haven't been divided into gender groups. On the first night we did have to play a couple of those terrible "get to know each other games" but everyone was in the same boat so it was fine
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2007 at 9:41am
Emz, I did mine thru the hospital, and no seperation, we did some group work in the 2nd session but always as a couple. I have friends doing theres thru parents centre and they have had there 1st session and weren't seperated. So hope that makes you feel better. I have my last class on Monday night.

I am hoping that I will be 1st seen I am due 1st, if not I will sulk big time...not cos I want to be 1st just cos I have to wait! As long as I stay in with you Girls I am happy.

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2007 at 12:11pm
Oh Peanut that makes me feel so much better! I'm doing them at the hospital too. Yeah Dh's friend said they had to play stupid 'get to know you' games and introduce other people etc, so cheesy but like someone said, you're all in the same boat. Will let you know what I think of them after the first one.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2007 at 7:13pm
Emz, we didn't even have to play getting to know you games. Our partners had to introduce us and say when we were due, where we live and what we want to get out of the classes. So really easy!! We have done two group work things which have been good to get to know people without the stupid games.

floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2007 at 9:04pm
Hi all

Sorry I have been absent for well agers and can't bring myself to read all the pages but Emz I am glad everything is ok with your bubba.

I am going for me to be the first to pop, mainly cos its twins and they already tried to come early at 32weeks which was damm scary as I was hooked up to all the mointers and if they couldn't get my contractions to stop they were going to move me to Waikato to deliver the babies but thankfully after a night in hospital the contractions stopped, so now I am ment to be on bed rest (eaiser said then done with a toddler) I have also been put on super strength Iron pills cos I am anemic so I can't wait to get these babies out!!!

I intended to be on here more often now cos I can't wait for all our babies to arrive, take care all
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2007 at 9:21pm
Hope you dont have anymore stays in hospital Floss and those babies behave
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2007 at 9:49pm
Oh gosh Floss, you make sure you take care of yourselves and those little buns you've got baking! I was lucky that mine (or whatever they were) managed to stop on their own. Glad you're doing OK, had kindof wondered where you'd toddled off to!

Peanut - you've reassured both DH and I. He was so reluctant to go after other stories we'd heard, so I hope our classes are OK too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2007 at 8:24am
Good to hear from you Floss. That's great that the contractions stopped on their own but I can only imagine how worried you must've been.

Are they going to let them be born naturally (a little closer to the time) or will you have a c-section or anything?

Edited by sally belly
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2007 at 11:19am
Morning all

Sally I am allowed to have them naturally as the boy is already head down and engaged, the girl is breech but aparently they can manually turn her once the boy is out (I don't even want to think about this, its far to scary)

I had a scan at 32 weeks and they were just over 4lb each which is really good for twins so I have 2 little fatties growen!
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2007 at 11:33am
Glad to hear things are going better now floss. You must have had quite a scare

I have my first exam tomorrow and feel like I know nothing. I cant seem to absorb anything. I am finished in a week though so am thinking of that.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2007 at 12:22pm
Good to hear all is well, Floss. Nice to see you back in the thread!

Topsy, Good luck for your exams tomorrow. I am sure that you have retained more than you actually think and with only one week to go, thats so exciting.

I still have 5 weeks of work left but have them very well planned.

Emz, pleased I can be of help. My Dh was really reluctant to go but has actually quite enjoyed them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2007 at 12:42pm
Good luck Topsy. I agree with Peanut, I'm sure you've got more info in there than you think. Just keep thinking of the end & it will keep you going

I've got 3 weeks of work left - only 15 days & I have a lot to get through before then. But every morning in the shower I think it's one less day I will have to get up when the alarm goes off. I've already got a little list of things that I want to do when I finish up. I think my nesting is kicking in as I've decided to make a Christmas cake for the first time in my life
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2007 at 5:24pm
I've got 3 weeks left (I think?), then its only my part-time job up until Christmas. Very excited about finishing my degree, but also kind of sad that its over because I like my 9am starts I won't know what's hit me when Jack comes along and wakes me up every few hours! (Although my cat does a good job of waking me up to be let out at *approximately* 3.30 and 6.41 (on the dot) every morning)
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 8:26am
I had the first bads night sleep since being pregnant and had to be up twice in the night and was awake for an hour both times.....did not enjoy it...but at least I am getting some practise for when bubba arrives.

Had last AN class last night and it was good. Everyone was so much more relaxed and there is a couple of ladies there that would be cool to catch up with every now and again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 8:37am
Sorry to hear you had a terrible sleep Peanut but it does sound as if your body's starting to get you ready for the sleepless nights ahead. My sleeps have been pretty good recently. I wake up quite a few times but don't have too much trouble getting back to sleep. The lack of continuous sleep is one thing I'm not really looking forward to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 92>