FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone due Dec 07??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 92>
Author
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 9:28am
If we were to buy a stroller (we were given one) I think I would get one like yours sally belly. I love it!

I think she looks more like me in the scan pic as I have a nose like that. However, babies all kind of look the same to me!!!

I decided to open the breastpump last night for a looksie. Me and DP decided we would try it out on each other just to see what it felt like. Imagine if someone was looking through the window when I was pumping DPs little man booby!!!

Ooh and we did end up buying a ring!!! Just waiting for it to arrive by courier as we had to order a smaller size
Sponsored Links

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 9:59am
Ha ha Topsy, what a brave DP you have letting you pump his man booby!! I'm not sure mine would be that keen

Yay you got a ring. What style did you end up going for? We're currently trying to choose an eternity ring but we're not having much luck finding what we want in NZ...
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 11:04am
Hey there Girls,

Love the stroller, Sally. Eternity ring...nice. have you tried Roccabella. awesome jewellery shop and think they have just opened one in Auckland...they also make to your design and are really good at it.

Scan pictures are awesome, Topsy, and my god your bump is small compared to my massive one. Very exciting about the ring...we will be waiting for the official announcement and proposal story!!!

Am just cruising along....anyone have any swelling? have noticed my fingers are getting slightly swollen at the end of the day.

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 12:51pm
Wow Topsy, that is such a great pic of your wee girl. I really want a 3d scan now! And my gosh have you got a tiny bump. Have to get my camera back off DH to upload my bump pic. Bet you're excited about ordering your ring Topsy, I want to hear all about the proposal etc when it happens!

Sal - great stroller. Re the eternity ring: if you find a pic you could always get it made? We got DH's wedding band made through Michael Hill from a pic he had and it worked out about the same price as if we were to buy something similar.

Swelling: my fingers have been swelling, just been monitoring them. Didn't wear my wedding/engagement rings on Friday and Saturday because after I got them off, I couldn't get them back on. Better to be safe than sorry, don't want to have to get them cut off if it gets worse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 7:25pm
I haven't had any swelling but it sounds as if a little is ok just as long as you don't suddenly swell up massively overnight or anything

Here's my latest belly pic at 32 weeks. I've really noticed a big difference in the last few days. A bit different to Topsy's aye??!

">

ETA: sorry about the large size, I've resized it but it doesn't seem to be working...

Edited by sally belly
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 8:20am
Cute bump, mine kinda looks like yours.

Not too concerned about the swelling, only about the fact that my engagement ring doesn't fit anymore!

Must get my last bump pic posted. I use photo bucket and find that sometimes it takes forever to download and as out internet is playing up it takes 3 times as long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 11:10am
Well it seems my photo resized itself after all...

How's everyone feeling today?

I'm feeling tired & very unmotivated about work My tummy is also feeling blardy squished & the heartburn has returned. Otherwise I am all good & looking forward to seeing the MW this afternoon & our 2nd antenatal class tonight. I think the classes will be good, esp for DH, who hasn't read any books or anything so he should learn a lot
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 12:55pm
Hi all,

No swelling yet.....touchwood! I am finally enjoying this pregnancy as all the pains such as heartburn and aches have gone and my belly actually looks pregnant. Sorry to hear your heartburn is back sally belly. I found having ice cream after dinner worked quite well and what a great excuse to pig out!

I am studying for exams at the moment and because I have been so slack with study while pregnant I am stressing that I may not pass. Only two weeks to go though! Anyway, If I dont pass it just means I will have to do a couple of papers next year. No real drama as I dont think I will be wanting to work next year anyway. Its a beautiful sunny day outside and I hate being stuck inside working

Sally your belly looks great! You can definately see the differences in all your pictures.

I just had a spending spree on the internet and bought the last of the stuff I need- mountain buggy sun and rain cover and Avent via storage. I have bought alot of things that are "luxuries" but I want to be prepared!!!!
I also bought evening primrose capsules and red raspberry leaf tablets. Does anyone know when you are supposed to start using them? I know it is soonish.
Oh, and I bought birth aid spray (recommended by a friend) and ural (good for alkanising wee after birth so it dont sting so much).

Just need to pick up the bassinett (and buy a mattress. doh, one more expense!) and wash all the babys stuff then I am sussed. Cant wait to finish uni so then I can beach myself on the back lawn
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 4:47pm
Can you buy ural just from a chemist? I remember having it years ago and I needed a script to get it?

I've got all of my assignments due in over the next couple of weeks (all but 2 due in the next 5 days!) so am starting to stress out. But I feel kind of on top of things, no worse than other non-preggys I've talked to anyway.

What does the raspberry leaf stuff do Topsy?

I have my first AN class next Monday, see the spec next Tuesday and m/w next Wednesday. I'm hoping the spec will decide to induce me before Xmas (if I haven't already given birth as we are going to do everything in our powers to get Jack out before then!)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 6:15pm
I'm not sure exactly when we should start taking the tablets you mentioned Topsy but have a feeling it's 36 weeks??

Yip, emz you can just buy Ural from a chemist. I'm not sure what the evening primrose does but I think the raspberry leaf tones the uterus in prep for birth??

Everyone sounds like they're on top of things. Good luck with your last assignments emz. As I've said before, I don't know how you do it. I'm really starting to feel pretty tired lately & my motivation levels are dropping off.

MY MW appt went well & I was only there for 10 mins! BP is fine & baby is still head down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 6:16pm
When are your exams Topsy? Good luck Will you be able to last 3 hrs without a toilet stop?! I wouldn't...
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 6:45pm
Oh I feel for you emz re assignments! It will be all worth it in the end though! My first exam is next tuesday and luckily they let you use the toilet during the 3hrs, otherwise I would have to wear a nappy!

Emz, the raspberry leaf stuff tones the uterus which can make labour a bit faster, it is also supposed to be good for recovery and can encourage baby to come earlier. The EPO is supposed to soften the cervix and perenium and prevent tears (yip you put them internally as well as orally). I think thats what they are for. You may be able to find a better explanation somewhere else.

I have just been at the MW too. She recommended the 5w stuff as she has seen good results (encourages baby to engage and come earlier). It contains the raspberry stuff and other things as well. Everything was good at appoint but she did mention another scan if I dont have a substantially bigger belly next time she sees me . She has me worried now! I have to go and do the glucose thing tomorrow too. Glad your appoint went well sally. Hopefully plain sailing for everyone from now till exit day!

Edited by Topsy
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 11:40pm
Topsy you seem organised! I need to get my arse into gear.

Note to all: We should give our text digits to someone else, to notify others of a birth. So someone can let all the Dec mums know. I have a feeling that one of us will go early.

Just been packaging up Trade Me stuff all evening for tomorrows post, and I am shattered. Probally the latest night I have had in the longest time.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 8:34am
Ladyluck, I thought the same thing last night about doing a wee phone chart. If you all want, rather than posting numbers on the forum, you can PM me with them and I will compile the list of everyones and PM them to you all.

I don't envy you with exams and assignments, it is amazing how little you retain when you are pregnant and how unmotivated you become.

I have been recommended the 5W tablets also but am not keen on the baby arriving early as not finishing work until the 7th Dec. I think all those sort of tablets you start taking around the 35 week mark but they don't do anything unless the baby is ready to go.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 9:49am
Topsy I'm sure you & baby are fine. You are obviously just carrying differently to other people. I think one of the worst things we can do is compare ourselves to others cos we're all so different...

I was noticing the different women at antenatal last night & there's so much variety in size there even with the 3 other ladies due on the 18th or 19th of Dec...

Good idea about the phone list. I'll PM you shortly Peanut. The instructor last night said that usually at least one person delivers early from each class of 12 couples...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 12:26pm
The loveliest thing happened to me this morning. I work in an office building and my office shares the floor with another company. I always walk past their receptionist on my way to & from the loo countless times a day. When I went past this morning she said she had something for me (now I don't even know this woman's name as she's only worked there for a few weeks). Anyway it turns out that her mother has knitted me some beautiful little booties Her mother apparently knits every night & gives most of to it the prem unit at Starship & Middlemore Hosps.

It made my day what a sweet lady she must be.
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 9:33am
Thats so nice of her Sally!

Its such a nice day today but I am stuck studying inside TGIF though!!!!!!

Yesterday I had so many braxton hicks, has anyone else been experiencing them more regularly?

I wonder how floss, DaniT and sarahcular are doing (I think thats who is one the list but we havnt heard of for a while). Floss must be counting down the days to her two arrivals.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 10:53am
Thats so sweet, Sally! Its amazing how tiny all the knitted things look, rather scary!

I was thinking about them to Topsy, our wee forum is dwindling. At least Ladyluck has come back!

I have got PM's from Topsy and Sally, will wait for LadyLucks and Emz and then Pm you all.

Am rather swollen today but no other symptoms so not concerned. Its just annoying and looks ugly!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 11:43am
Yip I was thinking that too, we're such a little group especially compared to the Jan girls. Oh well, it's all about the quality not quantity

I honestly don't think I've felt any BH yet??? Is this normal? I don't seem to be getting kicks as such anymore. It's more that I can feel baby moving around. I guess he's starting to run out of room in there... Has anyone else's MW asked them to count the number of movements each day? I see there's a table in my pregnancy book but I haven't been told I should be using it. Maybe that comes later??

Edited by sally belly
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 12:25pm
Well for me at the moment (busy with exams!) I quite like a small group as it is easier to keep on top of what everyone is doing and how they are feeling. When we move to the other group (when we have babies!) we may want to have it as a Dec/Jan group so that we can chat more about experiences and questions.

Apparently we have braxton hicks all the time but cant feel many of them. Sally, im sure you are just not feeling them so enjoy that because they can be a little uncomfortable.

As for the table, I dont think I will use it but I am always conscious that I feel baby move regularly. Movement for me is also quite different now so I am guessing she is running out of room. In a week we can say "we are due to have our babies next month". How scary is that!!!!!!

Sorry to hear you have swelling peanut. Apparently it is quite normal and we will all probably be balloons in a couple of weeks....ah the joys of being pregnant!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 92>