FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGeneral TTC Chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Fingersxd4#2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fingersxd4#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General TTC Chat
    Posted: 13 November 2013 at 12:25pm
This is the people who don't really want to jump threads all the time. So be that you are NTNP or waiting to OV or in the fun TWW, or trying a small break but want to keep chatting or maybe just waiting to start ttc'ing...

Sometime we get caught up in the whole am I pregnant or not etc and if you are like me testing becomes an addiction, I accidently put my family on the back burner, and you suddenly realise this... You just want to vent about it, but the TWW thread isn't the right place...

Maybe you have questions about ttc'ing but not sure where to ask...

Perhaps you aren't trying but at the same time not preventing but wanna talk anyways...

Maybe you are a board 'whore' and wanna chat anyways :p

THEN YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!

Jun 08 - TTC #1
Dec 11 - Found out I was UTD
Jul 12 - DD was born
Jan 13 - TTC #2
May 14 - Early Miscarriage from final round of 50mg Clomid
Dec 14 - Miscarriage at 8.5weeks from 100mg Clomid
Sponsored Links

Leishamaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leishamaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 12:28pm
I'm in! The only board I'm part of at the moment is the TWW, and when you are waiting to OV/dealing with AF, sometimes you need somewhere else to vent!

</a
Kamile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kamile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 12:44pm
Great idea fxd!!

I'm still just spotting waiting for AF to finally arrive.

Just spent $70 on babyforyou - TTC can get expensive. I got HPTs, OPKs and blackmores pre conceive tabs. Any tips on how to save $$, I can't be spending that every month!!
DD born Nov 2014
BFP Aug 2016 #2 due April 2017

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leishamaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 12:45pm
I spent $100 on HPTs last cycle.....

</a
Kamile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kamile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 12:49pm
oh no LM!!! Its crazy how expensive HPTs are, I've only bought the pregnosis ones so far cause they are the cheapest. But was so tempted to get a digital one as well!
DD born Nov 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fingersxd4#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 12:51pm
My advice is ebay it. pre-seed, hpt and opk are all extremely cheap on there.

I will dig out my links for the cheap digital opk and hpt on there for us :)
Jun 08 - TTC #1
Jul 12 - DD was born
Jan 13 - TTC #2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fingersxd4#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 12:56pm
Digital OPK's

Clearblue Digital Ovulation Testing Kit Pack of 7 Tests Approximately NZD$32.65

Clearblue New Advanced Digital Ovulation Test Pack of 10Approximately NZD$39.76

Digital HPT's

Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test Sticks Kit (Pack of 2) Approximately NZD$23.50

Edited by Fingersxd4#2 - 13 November 2013 at 12:57pm
Jun 08 - TTC #1
Jul 12 - DD was born
Jan 13 - TTC #2
miss_bling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_bling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 12:58pm
Great idea… I'm in. CD10 for us, and on the SMEP plan - so far, so good… Not sure when to start OPK'ing. My cycle seems to be normal - I OV'd CD 14 last month. Earliest ever.    I just bought Trademe OPK's… but I've still got a handful of my David ones, so might run them in parallel this cycle.. HPT's I bought from baby4u. I have a digital one in the cupboard reserved for that moment I know I have a BFP LOL.   Not using preseed - I hope that's not a 'must have' for SMEP. I am on Vitex though - which is what I took when I conceived my little boy…and it was third time lucky for him, so here's hoping for this month for everyone!

Bubno1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 1:03pm
Great board fxd, not sure I'm a "board whore" just yet but plenty of time lol

Whooooa $100 - I wince at $18 for 3 pkt htp from countdown lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fingersxd4#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 1:04pm
MB - They reckon you should start opking 2-4 days before expected ovulation. I hope that helps.

How old is your wee man?
Jun 08 - TTC #1
Jul 12 - DD was born
Jan 13 - TTC #2
MrsT2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsT2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 1:14pm
im only on my 2nd month TTC. but i feel like im going mental.

i work for a hospital, and had to go over to the delivery unit. which was lovely but depressing.

and then waiting for the staff bus i saw a newborn with the new parents going to their car and got all teary.
my husband thinks im loosing it!

only 2nd month. i don't know how some ladies do this for years, they're much stronger/braver than i!

/rant

whats TWW?
trying to get pregnant - its like learning a second language.
Kamile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kamile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 1:16pm
thanks fxd, if not luck this cycle I will be getting my supplies from there next time.
DD born Nov 2014
Kamile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kamile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 1:18pm
MrsT - TWW is the two week wait, the 2 weeks from OV until AF is due.
DD born Nov 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Leishamaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 1:29pm
Yeah I start using OPKs about CD10 and tend to get a pos on CD14 or 15.

I did go a little OTT with HPTs last month - I kept getting faint positives, so kept testing to see if they got darker - which they didnt, ended in a chemical pregnancy. My adivce - don;t test til AF is due! Not only will it possibly save some heartbrak, it might just save you some money too!

AFM - 5DPO today. Was a bit slack with the BDing this month - only got 3 in, but all around OV time. Not holding out much hop for this cycle, but it is only our second cycle trying this time round.

</a
miss_bling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_bling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 2:33pm
My boy is 2yrs 2mths. I'm a photographer so I'm constantly photographing babies and kids .. which is so lovely but a bit heartbreaking as well when you're TTC - especially when I see my little boy cooing over each baby that visits for their session - he thinks babies are awesome heehee…

with my chemical last month I got an early faint positive, and loads of symptoms, and then the symptoms all vanished ….that's when I knew it was heading backwards :( Thankfully it all went back to normal quickly and I guess at least I know the body is geared up okay for getting pregnant - I'm 38 so my age sits at the back of my mind….

I guess I should start the OPK testing :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leishamaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 2:35pm
The frustrating thing with my chemical is the symptoms hung around for a while after the bleeding started. I still had nausea for a week afterwards, and my boobs haven't shrunk!

</a
Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 3:47pm
Just bought 20 opks for $10 and 2.50 for shipping. I'm all set for this cycle.

TTC#1 Jan 2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leishamaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 3:48pm
Where did you get them Oxy?

</a
Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 3:53pm
Trade me sellers name joeypansy

TTC#1 Jan 2009
Pitchperfect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pitchperfect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 4:51pm
Hey :)
I'm currently waiting for AF my first cycle since July. Had a miscarriage in August and October :(.
We are giving my body time too heal and our hearts before we ttc again.
AF is suppose too arrive on Friday according too FF fingers crossed it does and we can look at starting again we were going too wait until next year and a few cycles but i'm so impatient and want too try again soon.
Be nice too hang out and talk too people in a similar situation. Oh and I have a total poas addiction I already tested 3 times this month even tho I knew there is was maybe not been using withdrawl method chance. I just had too pee on something :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>