FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedItti AIO Vs SIO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Itti AIO Vs SIO
    Posted: 01 November 2009 at 5:14pm
I am looking at getting a Bakers Dozen pack of Itti Bitti's and am debating whether to get just an AIO pack or a half and half pack. At the moment we mostly have AIO's and only 2 SIO's. Two isn't really enough to compare - so I haven't really noticed a difference in absorbancy. I have noticed that the snap in's take just as long to dry as the AIO's (although the outer obviously dries much faster).

I've noticed on here that most (I think?) people like the SIO's better - is that for any reason that I should be aware of before committing to buying just an AIO pack? I want the nappies to last for quite a long time (i.e. for more than one child) as it is quite a lot of money - is there any recommendation for one over the other for this reason?

TIA

Sponsored Links

SarahJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 6:16pm
poo can get caught in all the layers of the SIO, making it to clean.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 6:16pm
I like them both equally!!

I do find that it is easier to tell when the SIO is 'full' whereas the AIO is a little more difficult cause the hidden padding.

Also I bought an extra set of inserts for my SIO's so doubled my quantity at a cheaper cost.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Muz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 7:53pm
I have been wondering the same thing!! I know someone on here commented on one of them being more absorbant than the other - but for the life of me I cant remember which way round it was! I tried searching for it yesterday but couldnt find it.
I have two of each - i like them both equally but am wanting to buy more too.
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 8:03pm

I had an equal quantity of both and ended up swapping or selling most of my SIO as I prefer the AIO's. I found that there was a lot of droop at the front where the snap in snaps were and the fit of the AIO just seems better on Joel. Thats just me though.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 8:10pm
I think that SIO are more absorbent, they have more bamboo in them, but certainly seem it to me.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 8:30pm
I definitely thought that the SIO's were a lot more absorbent. Livvy was a very heavy wetter and the AIO's would only last a short time compared to the SIO.
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 6:58am

I have mini booster in my AIO's and they go 3-4 hours, and J is a heavy wetter.

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 11:03am
I like the SIO. I find them to be more cost effective cause you can buy more inners as the outers dry so quick.

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 11:05am
I'd have a bamboo mini booster in Livvy's AIO and she'd be lucky to make 2 hrs in it.
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 2:56pm
SIOs definitely worked better for James when he was doing his mega pees! I couldnt understand what the problem was until I asked at mothers instinct and Karyn said they are "slightly" more absorbent..
Muz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 8:20pm
itti bitti NZ have a sale on their website at the moment - might have to get some more!!!
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 4:47pm
I have mainly SIO and so wish there were AIOs when I bought most of mine they are so much easier and just sit better. I also find other people can't get the hang of SIOs and seem to leave bits hanging out which lead to leaks.

Also I never could just take the soakers out as the fluff would always have a wee bit of wees on it so for me buying extra snap ins was a waste of money.
kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 9:20am
I have used both and prefer the AIO over the SIO. The SIO weren't as soft as the inserts can get quick stiff when line-dried and also the poo can go through all the layers which is messier to clean up. But my biggest issue was that we got pull down at the front from where the insert snapped in and this caused leaks. The AIOs fit so much nicer & flatter at the front and are generally softer to the touch from the inside. When I used the SIOs I very rarely resuded the outer without washing it so I didn't find it an advantage or cheaper. Plus there's the snapping & unsnapping of inserts which was just a pain compared to the AIO's. I didn't find much difference in the absorbency between the two.

Vic xx

palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 4:38pm
i like snapping mine too.

i prefer SIOs, can definatly tell the difference with the absorbtion compared to the AIOs. Like have the AIOs for DP and others if they are changing him. SIOs would boggle him lol.
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 9:43pm
Yup SIO are more absorbant BUT if you have bubba with chicken legs you may find the fit of the AIO is much better.

I have equal of both and find I get the same length of time out of a AIO if I add a booster and they fit snuggly around the thigh. Jake had moved into his med AIO for about 3 weeks before the SIO would fit nicely around the thigh.

That said, Jake is not a big wetter....

I also sit down at the end of the day and snap mine together (and stuff my pockets).

?Lolly? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ?Lolly? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 10:23pm
hmmm food for thought and no closer to deciding! I haver twins so will be getting 2xbakers doz. Just not sure which! Leaning towards aio's though :)

This is the girls in there first itti's. one is a aio one is a sio

Edited by Emiloly
Captain Chaos (5) & the Trouble Monsters (2!)
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:30am
aww emily they are adorable!! So so precious. Do you have any home help with them? How old is Ethan? What baby is in the aio?
?Lolly? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ?Lolly? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 11:22am
Erynn on left is wearing the AIO,Violette on the right is in the SIO. I am not getting any home help at this stage, going to winz and getting it all sorted out is on my list of things todo though! so slack. Ethan is going to be 4 next valentines day. I'm luck he is such a good boy (Most of the time!) I posted a the other photos I took in the photo gallery if you want to have a wee look at them. Em's DIY itti bitti photos shoot

Edited by Emiloly
Captain Chaos (5) & the Trouble Monsters (2!)
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 11:58am
I guessed your little man was about 4yrs. I nannyed for a family that had 3 month old twin girls and a 4yr old boy, I loved it, but it was hard work!

Aww the cry-face on Violet is precious

Edited by lostAmber
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>