FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly mummys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 81>
Author
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: July mummys
    Posted: 24 July 2006 at 4:50pm
Im going to class myself as a july mummy even though Addison was born in June (only by a day) I was just reading through the names and thought how simialar they are we have
Addison (Addy)
Amelia
Ashlee
Erin
Ella
Caitlin
Any I have missed? And all girls, how funny.
So how are all you July mummys doing? Im loving having a wee baby again and we have settled into a routine quickly which is handy. It amazes me how much I love my children everytime I look at them. Right have to go at 'catch the bear' that has apparently gotten into our house and is eating Kobes banana.

Edited by my2angels
Sponsored Links

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 6:00pm
Hi ! Thanks for starting this thread for us Robyn, I had it in the back of my mind to do it, but then nap time came up. I do think it's quite amazing and neat how all the July babies have been girls, and the names are all gorgeous too. I don't know if I can really say we are into a routine yet, but Erin is feeding roughly four hourly, which I'm finding reasonable to manage, and am also finding it easier to sleep when she sleeps. Am secretly hoping she starts sleeping through the night sooner rather than later, but know that I can't really push it, and will just have to keep up with the cat naps. It's been great having her daddy around to help out, he doesn't go back to work until the 8th of August. I'm sort of thinking I will go back to work at least part time at this stage, although again it's not fixed in stone - I haven't got around to bugging Barnardos about why they never sent me the registration forms that they said they would. Ah well, I guess that will be my next project ! That's really it for now though, dinner time for us soon and then Erin will be 'due' for another feed - oh ! that reminds me, I think she's going through the growth spurt my midwife warned me about - not that she's been extra grizzly or anything (yet), but fed for an whole extra half an hour this afternoon. Her 'feeds' usually take just inside an hour if you include the nappy change in between. I am also contemplating whether it would be worth trying to change her to being changed, then fed, then put back to bed without a break in the middle, but will wait and see. Right, enough of my rambling - hope to hear from some of you other July mums again soon
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 7:09pm
Hiya, great idea to start this up!

Ashlee and I are doing great. Was lovely to have a week with hubby, but he's back at work this week so I'm kind of stressing myself out a bit because when he was at home, he'd settle her and be able to put her down so easily. Takes me just a little bit longer!

I can't believe how strong she is already. She initially loved being wrapped up with her hands and arms tight but recently has been wriggling and getting them free so she can have a good suck on them. She's yet to learn how to keep her hands there though so it's a bit of a hit and miss game for her!

We too are feeding basically 4 hourly (although like you Jax, we've hit a growth spurt I think too!) during the day, then having her last feed about 10ish, then letting her sleep through the night until she wakes herself which is usually around 2, sometimes later.

Ashlee gets rather overwhelmed with too many visitors and not enough sleep during the day which can be rather tiring on us both! But we're managing that and I'm much happier with her having a grizzle during the day than in the middle of the night hehe. Can't complain otherwise!

Looking forward to hearing from the other July mummies!
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 7:41pm
We are into 4 hourly feeding to, 2,6 & 10 which is great plus I know how much she is getting with bottle. She doesnt seem to wake up much yet, has one time during the day where she might be awake for a couple of hours but thats it, she even sleeps if someone comes over and picks her up. We tend to give her half her bottle, change bum then rest of bottle and bed. Sometimes though we have change her first to wake her up!Hubby went back to work after a couple of weeks but its been pretty flexible so far which is great. Im going back to work part time only 8 hours a week once the paid parental leave is over but thats only cos hubby will be able to look after Addy so she wont go into care yet.
shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 10:33am
Oh it's so nice to hear all about the new babies!!!! I so can't wait for our wee precious to arrive (not long to go now). Thanks guys for all your input....Take Care and rest up while you can.

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 12:21pm
baalamb good the hear thing's are going well it is rather sucky when the hubby goes back to work i bet your's found it rather hard to go back. see I have to keep sneaking into the July babies now to keep updated.
Deborah Mum to:

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 2:01pm
Well, Erin slept through the night last night but mummy didn't - kept waking up thinking she'd be hungry and waiting for her to start crying ! Eventually shut off again and dozed back off. However, during the day today has been completely topsy turvy, she is definitely having a growth spurt - feeding for longer and more often, not settling etc. Our midwife did warn us but... oy... tired mummy AND daddy. Going to have a shower and try to nap now, she may or may not be hungry again in a couple of hours *sigh*

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 2:13pm
oh it's so fun huh.There is something that was suggested to me that might help with increasing supply and helping bubs not feed for so long... if that's any help

i mean you can usually hear and feel when you let down.. cos baby start guzzling etc... but once they get to the point where they are sucking sucking sucking and really only swallowing every 6 or 7 sucks them they've drained that side...and you swap....
it was suggested to me to watch for signs that the milk flow has slowed, then switch sides and do the same.... then could change her bottom once she thought she'd had enough, give her a play, start with the side i'd finished with and swap back to the other side again once it was all drained.... worked really well and i soon learnt to know when she had finished each side and wasn't getting anything any more... cos Ayja was like al eech - she'd just suck all day even if she wasn't getting much.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 3:16pm
We are doing well here, Ella is a big baby and shows it with her eating lol, we had our first really good night where i only had to get up once to feed and change her last night it was bliss hehe

Her umbilical cord came off today, thank god for that coz man did it stink! lol

Shes started the pooing faces LOL its hilarious! I managed to catch one on my phone camera i was larfing so hard hehe
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 9:00pm
oh what good babies during the night we all have! Addy is pretty good too unless she is having wind issues. She has started the grunting pooing noises and faces too, sooo funny. Im sure she has started smiling but not sure if thats possible at her age or if its still wind. I cant believe she is 4 weeks this thursday, its gone so fast. Jess now you will have to watch her belly button doesnt get infected, quite common apparently its all pretty gross really
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 9:10pm
I'm sure she's old enough to start smiling!!
Han started smiling at 10 days... tried to tell my midwife who didn't believe me until I put her next to the washing pile and she started gurgling and smiling away. (Didn't smile at a person until much later... but she's always been a weird one!)

We need pics to see the smile! (any excuse to cluck over a little baby )

Edited by nikkiwhyte
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 9:23pm
Had my midwife come over today and Addison is now 9lb 7oz so has gained a whole pound in 4 weeks. I cant believe its been 4 weeks already, the time has gone sooo fast.
I will try to take some smiling photos, she looks so cute when she does but I never have the camera handy!
baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 11:21am
Yeah it does go way too fast! Our lil precious is 2 weeks today. I had a bit of a moment last night where I was looking at her thinking 'sheez, I'll never get this moment again' which is all a bit sad really haha! She's just growing so quickly.

I've put a couple of new photos on my website . I've just noticed too that most of them are of her frowning!! Must get some 'pretty' ones haha
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 3:42pm
Robyn - Yeh the midwife said that, but its all healing really well

Shes just got really dry skin from being overcooked so im oiling her up and using moisterising baby massage mousse to discovered she loves to have her nappy off to kick around cept i dont leave it off to long otherwise she pees or poos and catches me off guard lol
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 4:38pm
Aw cute! I love the frown!!!! - it's ike she's staring at you saying "Whaaat Mum??" *in the really grumpy teenage voice*

Edited by nikkiwhyte
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 4:38pm
Addy has really dry skin too, it looks like its peeling on her hands and feet and just dry everywhere else. She hates having her clothes off though. we are trying to get her to settle herself back to sleep but not with the bottle because she always falls asleep drinking.
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 4:40pm
cute wee photos of Ashlee, she is beautiful! Just out of curiosity are your babies in 0000 or 000 clothes?
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 6:19pm
A bit of both, depends on the make !

And Miss Erin is now feeding 2 hourly. *sigh*

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 6:53pm
Ashlee's in 0000 for the moment (she's got short legs like her mummy ) but that won't last much longer, and it really does all depend on the brand.

She had a grizzly afternoon, but I shouldn't complain because she generally is a really good wee girl. She makes a complete liar out of me though because I'll send hubby a message saying 'Just about had enough of her crying' and the minute he turns up, she pipes down and doesn't make a single noise!

Jax, is Erin over her growth spurt or is it still going?
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 8:47pm
I didn't even get to finish that post properly before she started wailing again LOL Has been feeding on and off since 4pm, had to balance my dinner on one side of the chair and her on the other just to get something to eat - she's finally gone down now for a little bit, although I'm not holding my breath. Just feeling a bit edgy since I didn't get a chance for an afternoon nap, she was too awake ! Hopefully tonight will be another good sleep for her, and that will be the end of the growth spurt - but at the same time I wonder if she's just going to be more awake during the day from now on? Also not sure whether to wake her again late tonight for a "last" feed, or just to zonk out myself and then get up for what is bound to be a feed at a more ungodly hour... meh. I think poor Roland finds it frustrating too, I REALLY hope she settles a bit more soon. We've got visitors tomorrow, well, the midwife is coming over for Erin's 2 week checkup and my mum is dropping some stuff off - thankfully not staying too long (not that I don't love my mum, but she knows what it's like, plus has a student to teach tomorrow morning as well).

*takes a deep breath and then exhales slowly*

Tomorrow is a new day, and we'll be fine !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 81>