FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 309>
Author
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: November Mummies
    Posted: 22 November 2006 at 11:45am
I thought it was time to start this thread off...

Xavier is now 6 days old. He's sleeping well, eating well (2-3 hourly), burping not quite so well (so is a little spilly at times), and is starting to have awake periods during the day. Kiya and Josiah are both very proud of their little brother, and there hasn't been any jealousy so far that I've noticed!

I'm doing good... my tummy is disappearing, but given that Xavier is quite a bit bigger than either of the other two, there's a bit of work to do! I'm going to start going for walks now that the weather is finally getting nicer.

We got our new double pushchair yesterday - a Phil & Ted one... Nathaniel loves it! He wants to get all the accessories, its so cute! We walked to Kiya's school for parent/teacher interviews last night, and the puschair is so wonderful to use... much better than our old single one, even with both boys in it.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Sponsored Links

Gracielou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gracielou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 12:47pm
Good idea Becca. Glad to hear you and Xavier are doing well, hopefully Xavier starts burping as I know what a spilly bubs is like. And it sounds like Kiya and Josiah are adjusting really well.

The Phil & Ted buggy sounds great, ideally that would have been my first choice but I had to settle for a side-by-side umbrella style one, haven't been brave enough to use it yet.

I am going for daily walks, mainly to try and shift this jelly belly (its driving me nuts) and just getting out of the house is great. My mum has been staying with us so I have been able to leave the girls with her and have some time to myself. But unfortunately she took off this morning so I don't think I will be getting out and about as much.

Stephanie is doing well, growing heaps, shes almost grown out of her newborn clothes already! Just have to work on her night time routine, at the moment the longest she will sleep for is 2 hours, then she'll be awake for 1 1/2 hours. I've been sleeping on the sofa so that DH can get a good nights sleep.

Went clothes shopping on Monday (early xmas present form Mum) as I don't want to wear my maternity stuff but it will be awhile before I can squeeze back into my pre-preggy stuff, so its really nice to have some clothes that fits properly. The lady in the shop did ask me when I was due which was rather embarrasing, never mind.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 12:55pm
ok Becca.....have you posted pics yet? have I missed it? man I cant wait to see him!!!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 2:05pm
Sticky!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 5:33pm
Thanks Emma!

No, Roksana, I haven't posted pictures yet... next day or so, okay?
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 3:17pm
oooh, do i count as a november mummy even though mikey was born last year?

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 10:31pm
hi girls,
just a quick check in to say all is well i was going to post a pic but Rhyley is hungry and i am tired so will do tomorrow instead.

good to see alls well with everyone

Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 8:37am
ann! glad to hear everything is going well, can't wait to see a pic of the new wee man.

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 12:31pm
Here is my gorgeous wee man... Can't stop calling him 'your so cute"

2 days old

Taken today (5 days old)

My three children

Just been born in the recovery room
Ann

SuziE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuziE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 12:39pm
Oh my he is gorjus!! your big two look very proud ... Mine are so taken with Thomas especially my girl ... she just dotes over him constantly ... Thomas has really gelled us as a family... my big two really see us as a family now instead of 'us' and 'him' (him being my husband lol ) ....huge contrats to you and your whanau Ann :)

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 12:40pm
I do have a photo of him jst been pulled out of my tummy but thought it might be a little gorie for some people ... Blood stuff.
Will post birth story when I get my head around everything.. baby brain to the max.

We went on our first outing last night to see Rhyley's older sister Brooke in her drama play, I went prepared with pillow, water and blanket (hey I just had a baby) Rhyley slept thru the whole thing even when the lady behind us was taking sooooooooooo many photos the flash was giving me a head ache DH said he thought I was going to turn round and give her an ear full (the mood I was in - don't mess with a just given birth mother in pain hehe) but no after all she just wanted to get her kids/grand kids on camera.

First night at home I decided to put Rhyley in with us --- hence he is in his own room tonight. He slept 2 1/2 hours then woke up and messed about on boobie and dummy (yes I get it out to give it a go anything for some sleep) for 2 hours then finally settled again and slept from 3.30am till 8am, I lay him in bed with me for another half hour then we got up, he actually didn't feed till around 9.15am but then it was a good feed. He is getting to like the dummy as the Midwife at the home said he seems to suckle on me for comfort alot of the time, and that can get sore. Hes also go a bit of jaundice but feeding and is alert when awake so no biggie just yellows skinned.
All in all things are going good and I a surprised how I feel quite good after only having surgery 5 days ago. I have tried not to push it though and only done 'easy' house work.
Ann

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 1:22pm
Thanks Suzi I am guessing your older two are not your husband biological children? Same here, but Dh is getting sick of people asking him how it feels like being a dad , he keeps reminding them that he was already a Dad (very cool to say that).
I do have to fight for the 'my' time with Rhyley when he is awake and alert as Dh and Brooke are always wanting him - fair enough I guess but I do like to have time with him when hes not just feeding off me. Josh is saying he is always sleeping when he wants a cuddle. Oh to be that popular.. :-)

Edited by AnnC
Ann

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 1:28pm
Wow! He's gorgeous! And love that your hubby says he was already a dad

Congrats November mummies!
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 1:51pm
He's just gorgeous Ann. Congrats and well done welcome to the world Rhyley

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 2:37pm
he's gorgeous!! big congrats.

Carmel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 3:09pm
hes so cute ann I cant wait to give him a cuddle (eyeing him up as pipers future toy boy lol)
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 10:14pm
He is so cute Ann.
Deborah Mum to:

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 9:13am

Such a little cutie.

I read on another forum I belong to that a December baby has made it into November. And then Trish did too.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
LockieandLiam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 1:49pm
What an adorable little bub.

shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 1:58pm
Wow what a wee cutie - love the family pic. Well done.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 309>