FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe ladle, part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The ladle, part 2
    Posted: 04 May 2006 at 8:09am
I thought this'd give you all a giggle first thing in the morning, or else leave you unmentionable horrified

So, I took the ladle home last night and plonked it in the kitchen. The husband thought it was great (we don't have nearly enough to get excited about, obviously!), and said that he wants me to get some more utensils from the same place today so we can have them sitting on the bench and looking very 'French kitchen'.

Uhhhhhh .....

Interesting.

I can either buy the utensils and spend a fortune, or I can explain to the husband why I'm not going to buy the utensils, and find myself strangled to death.

*snort*

That'll learn me
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Sponsored Links

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 8:12am
OK, that is amusing!
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 8:17am
That is really really funny. Ooohhh I would like to have all matching green gingham utensils - they would be sooooo pretty!!
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 10:12am
haha, what are you going to do? fun dilema for you......
Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 11:10am
I have a horrible sense of foreboding ...that's for damn sure Hehe

I also have a horrible feeling it's going to involve buying more utensils, and burning the visa bill when it comes in!!
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 12:31pm
Phew! I went back and I now now have a jam spoon, a serving fork and spoon and a something else ....Oh! A cheese knife. And, I'm pleased to announce, they were a lot less than the ladle!!

I was also very good and double checked the actual prices of everything, and that they were in the right bin before I bought them! It must've happened to a few people yesterday, as everything had been rearranged today into their proper places.
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 12:38pm
maybe someone else complained about it? nice that you will have matching utensils, but i hope you arnt planning on actually USING the ladle? its far too expensive for that!
Lyla - mum to

and
Jordis - 1 year old
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 12:54pm
Oh, no xanthesmum! They don't actually match! Crikey - I hate to imagine what I'd have had to pay to get them to match!

They all have different designs on the handles ...but they still look great together. I could've bought them the same, but I'm big on stuff not matching. I have no idea why ...it's just a weird thing I've developed!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 1:04pm
were the matching ones more expensive
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 1:11pm
No, they weren't. I was just being a twit Admittedly I don't think I would have been able to get more than a couple of things the same, which is why they're 40% off I guess (I got 40% off because I bought 4 things) - but the range is designed so that you can mix and match the designs anyway, if that makes sense.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 1:20pm
makes perfect sense.
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 1:54pm
me, i am a matchihg girl.....bordering on ocd about "matching" if there is one in a set, i cannot rest till i have all the set. xanthe has my little ponies, and i busted my a** getting her the "butterfly island" set, which i only have one more to get of, then they bought out the "crystal palace" set. aaaaghhh!
Lyla - mum to

and
Jordis - 1 year old
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 1:58pm
*Singing*

Ly-la's a nut-job ....Ly-la's a nut-job ...

Hehehe

Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 3:54pm
< language=> LOL ginger that is funny. I too like matching things ie bedding. towels etc but somethings i will let slide as long as they are colour co-ordinated LOL
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 7:52pm
lol You guys are great! I love the ladle stories!!!

I'm all for unmatching... like an eclectic homely mix The utensils sound verrrry cool.
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 8:19pm
hey ginger, have you been talking to my husband? he sings that too, the refrain is probably more like
" lildo is a weirdo lildo is a weirdo " ( his nickname for me, long story) or he is likely to sing "matching, matching" in a high falsetto voice at me if i say anything.
yes it is my problem, but i love it...... so nice to see all of one set of something.   I always wear matching underwear too..... haha
Lyla - mum to

and
Jordis - 1 year old
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 10:31pm
Lildo? Cute but, um.... sounds too much like *cough*dildo*cough* for me
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 8:11am

< language=> Only cause your mind is thinking of that Jax !!

Dont worry Lyla I too like to have matching underwear & nice underwear cause you never know when you may be in a car accident (well thats wot my mum always told me but I do know from my work on the ambo the last thing your worrying about is your patients underwear!! apart from the fact hopefully they arent commando!!)

Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 8:27am
i was thinking something similar Jax!
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 10:24am
yea, exactly. here is the sad story... My entire family call me lil, have since i was a baby, scott used to alternate between that and lyla, after a few drinks one night at a friends place i did something a bit blonde, a bit dumbass ( cant remember what it was, years ago now) and he and his friends started chanting at me "lildo the dildo"...... and it stuck with that group of friends. s even wanted to get me a personalised plate with it on, but i talked him out of it..... (be very easy to turn an L into a D with a vivid) How sad, really! we are all alot more grown up now
Lyla - mum to

and
Jordis - 1 year old
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>