FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCHCH Mums only evening?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHCH Mums only evening?
    Posted: 28 January 2009 at 1:07pm
Hi lovely Christchurch ladies!

Just curious to see if any of you guys would be keen to leave your kids with Dad/Grandparent/babysitter for an evening and come have a Mummies only meet up at the Dux or something to that effect? Was thinking it would be nice to get away from the chaos, have a drink (or 10) and sit around venting about the men and children in our lives
I try to catch up with my girlfriends once every 2 weeks and do this but alot of them are overseas at the mo and to be honest the only thing I ever have to talk about is babies which bores the heck out of them! So I thought it might be nice to get together with some women that would like a break and don't mind talking and hearing about babies.

Anyhoo just thought I'd see if anyone would be keen so if we get a few interested we can organise something.

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Sponsored Links

IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 1:29pm
No babies here but Id love to meet up and Im sure E would to - maybe E?

Thats if TTC Mums to be are aloud!
TTC 6 years
IVF it is
IVF/ICSI round one
10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilised BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 = 22 eggs!
20 mature, 15 fertilised, 1 fresh transfer and 2 frosties
BFN
2 Frosties still in freezer thank god
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 1:40pm
ooo yes I'd so be keen for that, we used to have a 'craft' night (and by craft I mean sit around eating choc and drinking wine) and we had quite a few mummies come along.
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 1:49pm
Yep sounds great!
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 3:22pm
Yip, I would be keen.

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 3:42pm
Booboo - Absolutly you and E are welcome! The more the merrier

Woohoo great response already! Well how about next week I was thinking either Wed or Thurs around 5 or 6pm?
I'm in Brisbane from Fri till Mon so can't do the weekend. But if majority prefer a weekend we could do it the weekend after next?

Also was thinking the Dux de Lux as its nice and central and if the weather is hot like it has been its a great place to sit outside with beer or wine in hand Any other suggestions are welcome.

Edited to add possible time

Edited by lisa85

MC April 2010
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 4:51pm
Maybe later than 6pm if it's a weekend... otherwise I think that I will be too pissed to drive home!! Or earlier? after lunch?!!

How about lunch then some wines? or would that roll on and on! Might have to get DH to drop me off and then pick me up!

Usually I am gone these days on 1/2 a glass!

Ooohhh Brisbane sounds devine, have a blast.

Edited by Lisha
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 5:20pm
I like the way you think Lisha O.K. so how about a lunch session? I think that sounds like a great idea! A few wines, some nibbles, baby talk, Sunshine
Well like I said next weekend I'm missing in action so is this Sat or Sun too short notice for everyone? If so the weekend after next?

I agree I might have to get Jess to drop me off and pick me up either way I'm such a light weight these days!

MC April 2010
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 5:25pm
weekend would be better for me.....DH doesn't get home til 6-6.30pm weekdays, so i wouldn't get there til everyone was almost ready to go home

and i'm always looking for an excuse to drink wine

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 5:30pm
Vanessa - This weekend or the weekend after next?

Jack_&_Charli wrote
and i'm always looking for an excuse to drink wine

I hear that! Its called Mommies Medication!

MC April 2010
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 5:38pm
I am busy this weekend, first this year! And away next weekend, being Waitangi weekend... but the following weekend!!! or is that too late?
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 6:30pm
I just remembered DH is working this weekend anyway

O.K. So the weekend 2 weeks from now sounds good I was thinking if anyone is keen for sooner we could do 2 seperate days Mayby an evening next week Wed or Thurs and a Sat or Sun lunch in 2 weeks time. Either way I'm definitly up for the weekend lunch session Lisha

MC April 2010
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 8:50pm
i don't care what weekend, i'm free most of them anyway lol

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 8:54pm
I don't finish work on a Sat until 12.30 but would be keen after that.

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 9:56pm
im in, just let me know when you decide and will see if i can make it and get a babysitter if its during the day on saturday cos hubby plays cricket. Im busy this weekend and waitangi weekend but free after that.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 8:38am
O.K. so if we rule out this weekend and next. The weekend after that is Valentines day on the Sat. So is that kool with everyone or would they prefer Sun and have valentines day with the men in their life? I personally don't do Valentines so would be fine with either the Sat or the Sun.

MC April 2010
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 9:08am
We don't do Valentines Day either! So I am cool with either Sat or Sun
surfergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 9:23am

Thanks for letting us TTC people join in. I'm terrible for times (Dal (BooBoo) will confirm!).

I can do week nights, except the first two Wednesdays in a month (Book Club nights) and then I travel a lot for work, so I'm away between the 16th of Feb until the 13th March - BUT, I am back every weekend in between, expect the one that goes over the end of Feb beginning or March).

We don't do V. Day either so that might work.

Now I don't know if i want the BFP I'm trying for, as if I get it....I can't drink. Oh, well, you'll all be able to tell me how it's worth it! LOL.

E xx

ETA - I'm the 'E' person refered to by Dal...

Edited by surfergirl
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 9:39am
Cool so valentines day could be the go :) Is everyone O.K. with Sat 14/2 around say 12.30

Is everyone cool with the Dux or do we have other suggestions? I thought Sol square is another good option? Thats probably a better spot for food.

E - I just checked out you real name I was going to call my daughter Esme that! I love Esther but DH's sister is called Esther so I felt weird calling my daughter that lol.
Will be cool to see you guys there

MC April 2010
IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 9:47am
Yah E - ps man your busy!

I cant do 14th Feb - not because its valentines day but because were away that weekend, but thats all good I can join in on another one or one during the week.

Its so hard to find a day that suits everyone and since Im childless at the moment dont change it for me!

Dux is a great idea though - especially in the nice hot days we WERE having!
TTC 6 years
IVF it is
IVF/ICSI round one
10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilised BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 = 22 eggs!
20 mature, 15 fertilised, 1 fresh transfer and 2 frosties
BFN
2 Frosties still in freezer thank god
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>