FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy foray into cloth nappies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:56pm
I knew the name of the thread (from many searches before)... oh, and I'm at work (which explains why I am on here )
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:07pm
its funny reading back over this now...such a lot has happened since we all started cloth.
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 7:46pm
Hi everyone,

Im new to all this, due aug with my first..
Iv bought heaps of disposible nappies but have been on trade me tonight and seen fuzzi buns.. I want them.. Anyone know the best place to get them or is trade me the way to go?

Also this may sound stupid, but the booster and inserts, do you need both? and whats the differene between hemp? and microfibre? it says not to use microfibre booster without insert?? im confused!

Sorry didnt really know where to ask this.
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 8:25pm
Hi BT... Most of the Fuzzis on TM are s/hand I think. I would recommend getting them via an agent in your area (there are a few agents on here who could look after you or point you in the right direction) because then you can make sure you have the right size etc for your bubs.

You can return the sposies you've bought, or my recommendation would be to almost use them up over the first 3-4 mos, by which time most babies will fit medium Fuzzis. Medium size fits much longer than smalls, generally speaking, so they work out heaps better value for money.

Inserts are the absorbent part of the FuzziBunz system. Boosters are basically half-length and half-width inserts. I'd say that most babies/toddlers any age are wearing (during the day) 1 insert and 1 booster together, for the added absorbency. Night times are anywhere between that and 3 inserts. (My 2yo and 4mo have 2 inserts and 1 booster at nights.) If you are planning to have more than one child, I'd actually recommend you get small size inserts instead of boosters. They are the same length as boosters but thicker, so you can use them as boosters but also as inserts for the small size if you decide to buy them for baby #2. That's what I've done but it was actually an accident lol

Sorry I can't answer your question about microfibre/hemp, but I'm sure someone else will soon...
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 9:04pm
Hi BT,

Microfibre and hemp are 2 types of absorbent inserts for the nappies. Microfibre draws moisture away quickly and hemp is slower yet holds more. It is a good idea to use the 2 together with the microfibre on the top layer (closest to the stay dry liner next to babys bum). Knowing what type and how many inserts you will need to use depends alot on the baby and how heavy they wet... It's probably a good idea to get an agent who sells nappies to visit you so then you can ask lots of Q's and get to see and touch the nappies and inserts before making a decision as to what you go for.

There are also inserts made of bamboo which are REALLY absorbent and super soft. Some places also make inserts that are a combination of hemp and microfibre so saves you using 2 inserts.

Feel free to ask as many Q's as you want...we are always happy to help!
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 2:42pm
just found this again and it still is funny reading back over it... maybe it will help some of you who ae newer to cloth too...

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 2:52pm
Just had a quick skim through, sounds like you ladies have all come a LONG way! And man this thread was started ages ago!
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:39pm
hehehehe It makes me laugh to read it now!
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 6:00pm
Haha what a laugh it even had my old name with a pic of Jack as a wee baby.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 7:29pm
Wow, Toby was just a baby, Gabriel wasn't even two, Nikki didn't have a laundry and Aimee's Hannah was still a bump! Oh and no gremlins in sight! What a blast from the past!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 1:02pm
just bumping up this blast from the past for those new to cloth asking questions.

what a read!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 3:30pm
hehe. still cracks me up!
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 4:13pm
Wow so much info to read up on, lots of good info I am up to page 8 lol.

I have brought a trial pack of Real Nappies, and I am looking for cheap tryouts on TM. That seems to be the best way to go, buy a few different brands and see which fits and works best with bub.

Cant wait for my trial pack to come so I can show DH what I keep going on about. (he thinks I have gone mad lol, but understands the long term cost saving)
Ladybird84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 6:28pm
My hubby thinks I have gone completly mad too. I just cant stop thinking about nappies!!!!!!
I have even dreamed about them for the past two nights..... hmmm, cloth nappies are addictive even before babies are born!!

PCOS
3 Clomid Cyles
Conceived on a Break Cycle while waiting for IUI
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 8:15pm
Yeah I totally agree, I just lost an auction for some fuzzi nappies darn it.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 8:23pm
OMG, Taine was a bump, and i was at the beginning of my teaching diploma....hmmm, wonder if I was in the country yet???
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 1:33pm
i dont know if you were liz..   i was thinking about that when i was reading thru it yesterday.

Nearly three years ago that was...my baby is now 3 yrs old and the other one is off to school this year!

I still like my prefolds, and fitteds, but my faves now would be designer bums, i just dont have any for eden. of course itti bitti's werent in the country when this thread was started...and some of the brands we talked about dont exist anymore...

its been a long foray into cloth nappies for me...

Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 2:40pm
So it seems like Itti Bittis are the favs???

There are some going on TM and I wanna get them to try out for bubs.
Alianasmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alianasmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 2:45pm
Itti biit are my favs. Just got 6 more today, ive already washed them and im trying to hurry up the drying process so i can put them on her now!
tickers" /></a>
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 7:07pm
no. was in japan. Jake turned one one the 25th of Oct, and we flew back three weeks later.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>