FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPretty mad right now!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Esselle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esselle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pretty mad right now!
    Posted: 23 August 2007 at 1:56pm

I'm still waiting to MC so my hormone levels wont be helping me and I do apologize!
I put my my angel on the DD list on the pregnancy board, I didn't remove it at all as I think that it would be nice to remember when the time comes around. But someone has wiped it off! I have already had someone basically say "Oh well, you'll get over it" and that really hurt but this feels like another prod about how unimportant or shushed it should be.
I am happy for the name to be wiped with all the others at the end of March 2008.
Sorry
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 2:32pm
Awww Esselle you're right it is a very emotional time (I've had one too.) Everyone deals with m/c differently so you can be sure that no one has meant offence or more grief for you. If you want it back on, just go back into the list and get it put back on, but you may want to reconsider: at your due date, you could get a lot of new/uninformed people asking whether you've had your baby yet and that could be even harder to take.

What about an "in rememberance" thread? Would that be a nicer way to have your baby remembered?
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 3:07pm
Sorry about your lose but Im sure it wasnt done to hurt you, probably more to save you the pain of doing it again. Maybe explain in the thread that you would like it left there and put it back on but I tend to agree with busymum, when your due date time comes around its pretty hard and you might not need the added questions you will get.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 7:50pm
I was relieved to have mine taken off there, sad, but releived that i didn't have to ask to have it taken away which is probably what they were trying to save you from doing. Soo hear you about the darn hormones and waiting to miscarryy.. i waited a couple of weeks before going to have D&C.
I left my due date on my profile for the longest time before taking it off as it was actuallyupsetting me aftera while to know how far i should be. although when ihave a bad day, to log on and see something saying "you have 2 children" when i feel that i have 3, sucks just a little.

Teresa a rememberance thread was something that I had been thinking about starting up actually, funny you should mention it, I know Emma told me about another site she goes to where they have something similar, maybe the idea should be run past her? i think it's a nice way for some to remember, even if they want to forget sometimes it's nice to have other's remember too
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 8:15pm
We could just start one And anyone can just add their baby's due date or loss date or whatever date you choose to remember your m/c baby by.

I remember getting a bit antsy (is that a word? lol) when people started introducing me as "mother of 2, soon to be mother of 3" (when I was pg with Kryssi but only a couple of months after the m/c) because I was a mum of 3 already! You just couldn't see #3! Thankfully my emotions have settled down a lot since then. I really have had a lot of healing in time, it's now been 1 1/2 years for me.
Esselle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esselle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 8:15pm
Have emailed the person in question and they have told me "That's fine you can be offended" and I have to wait for Emma to have her say I don't really see why it is a problem for me to remain on the list. I can understand why people would choose not to be on there but my grieving will be just as different as everyone else's.
Maybe it would have helped if I had been asked first? I am sure people dislike it when I am presumptuous by assuming that this was done in ignorance and thoughtlessness. Surely being notified would of not been too much of a hardship?

I should have changed the title of this topic to I am so sad/ let down right now, because I am not really angry, just sad.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 8:20pm
eselle - no one can tell you what to post or not post so if you want it on there you go right ahead and put it back...if they want to give you schtick tell them to come see me...

actually just saw you have put it back - good on you.
If you ask me it should never have been taken off at all considering you put "my angel in heaven" next to the due date.   

Edited by GandT
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 8:43pm
Good on you, that's exactly what I was about to suggest.
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 8:49pm
oh hunny i am so sorry you are feeling like this, i know its hard, and im sorry your name got taken off the dd list, what you are going through is a rough journey but i just wanted to let u know that i am here if you want to chat as are all the other girls

(((hugs)))

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Esselle Esselle wrote:

Have emailed the person in question and they have told me "That's fine you can be offended" and I have to wait for Emma to have her say I don't really see why it is a problem for me to remain on the list.

well that is just down right rude and plain ignorant of your feelings!! that makes me mad no one 'owns' the dd list so it's open to who ever. good on you for putting your name back up....and big to you

emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 11:08am
Esselle huge hugs to you, we are all here for you in the March thread so please don't go away!!!

It still hurts me when I open up the pregnancy page and its say January babies started by emmaohara, everytime a little something in me goes ouch, I never even went back into the thread once I miscarried it was too painful, so I know how hard it is for you right now

Big hugs and positive healing thoughts coming your way girl x

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 3:52pm
OK, I'm getting splinters in my butt (again) from being perched up on this fence, so I'll say this: I can understand *why* your due date was taken off, but I do think it could have been handled in a more sensitive way.

For me personally, I wouldn't have WANTED to see my due date stay on the list as a constant reminder of my loss, and of everyone else who hadn't lost their babies. But I accept that everyone deals with grief in different ways, and maybe this is cathartic for you. Janine is right that there is a site The Lost Ones that has a Candle page for remembering lost angels. Both of mine are there, and I still shed a tear or two when I go and 'visit' them.

Bottom line: I don't think that the Due Date list is an appropriate place to remember our angels, I think that isn't fair to us to have to remember our angels alongside everyone else's growing babies, and I think it's not fair on those who haven't miscarried, the Due Date list has become a special place for them.

I am happy to sticky the Rememberence thread that Teresa started, and to format it the same as the Due Date list so that it is a special place where we can remember the little ones who briefly touched our lives and left such a lasting pain.

That said, I am not about to remove anybody's due dates from the Due Date list, miscarried or otherwise, I think that is a decision that you individually need to make.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 8:15pm
Aww the candle room is so sweet, I have added our Angel there :)

Esselle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esselle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 8:42pm
Well there has been no time to wait around for the D&C to be booked. I got the fright of my life as I miscarried this afternoon.
I pray to God that I never have to go through this again.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 8:53pm
Awww natural m/c is the best way but it's difficult and lengthy and very hormonal. Take it easy for the next couple of weeks and take iron supplements if you need to           
 Post Reply Post Reply