FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedneed something like Huggies or Home Brand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need something like Huggies or Home Brand
    Posted: 28 November 2007 at 10:05am

I put Ella in Huggies overnight and sometimes when we're going out and I don't want to chance having to change her clothes thanks to a leak, and other than that, she's in Home Brand nappies from Countdown or Woolworths.  These 2 brands seem to be the only ones that fit her with her skinny little thighs and her heavy wetting habits.  But there's no Home Brand's on the shelf... anywhere!  I dunno if they're discontinued or what, but really can't afford to keep her in Huggies alone! 

Is there another brand of naps that has a similar fit to these two out there?  All the Treasures ones, Pams, Budget, Loving Touch have been useless and she just wee's outside the gaping leg opening on them.  TIA

Andie
Sponsored Links

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 10:46am
Have no idea, but just want to say THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR LAST NIGHT. I am usually far more organised then that did not expect another poo in one day not like my kids the nappies fitted the boys fine too by the way.
Deborah Mum to:

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 10:58am
We always used Huggies for Bay cos they were the only ones that didnt leak but when we were having some rough financial weeks i would buy bulk packs of a certain brand from "nappies for less" (in tauranga...im sure they have this shop other places?), a friend had leant me one and they worked exactly like huggies!!, they didnt have a name and were just packed in a big bulk bag - $15 for 70 nappies!!! they were the same design as the new huggies but green with frogs on them! sooo cute!!
I know they still sell them too.
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 11:07am
I just found the website for nappies for less so here is it if you want to go have a nosey

nappies for less through babyonline
fairsk8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairsk8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 11:56am
Andie where do you live? We use Home Brand as well and find them excellent for day time use. I got some yesterday from our woolworths here and they had tonnes there.

PM me if you would like me to get you some and post them to ya.
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 1:33pm
Have you tried the Signature Range ones? When we used disposables we found them excellent.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 1:44pm
cloth ,...cloth,...cloth *runs and ducks for cover *
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 11:03am

I see you hiding there, Kellz!!!  He he.

Thanks for the advice, Ladies.  I asked a nappy store what brands are similar in fit, and they sent me 2 samples to try, so I'll give them a shot and see.  They're bot a bit pricey still, but cheaper than Huggies so if they work as well, I might have to move on from my obsession with finding Huggies on special!

Andie
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 4:56pm
have you tried that nappy store in terrace end?
Peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 9:18pm
Pam's are great, do exactly the same job as Homebrand and are roughly the same price. Olivia has no arse and chunky thighs and a lil old mans gut and they are perfect.
DD1 May 2006
DD2 March 2011
DD3 August 2012
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 1:02pm
Our local supervalue has budget ones, maybe you could see if there is one near you
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 2:46pm
countdown in auckland has huggies on special this week, $8.99 a packet.
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 5:17pm
We use huggies if they are on special... or Pams Ultra, they are really good :o)
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 7:21pm
I use cherish and giggles during the day, and tried home brand the other day and loved them, but have been told they are changing them, so thats why they aren't ont he shelf. Got put onto budget by another fellow huggies or ultra for the mega peer user, who uses these by day and she said they are they same as home brand, so will let you know... (am meant to be TT at the mo, so..)
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
fairsk8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairsk8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 9:07pm
Our woolworths are completely out of Home Brand at the moment and when I enquired the other day to when they would have more, they said they are having trouble contacting Home Brand, who are based in Australia, to order more.
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2007 at 2:14pm
budget are great too
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2007 at 2:51pm
i use budget on jack overnight when i can't use a cloth and they are good

Post Reply Post Reply