FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2007 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 246>
Author
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 8:19pm
What lovely photos LL, he's absolutely gorgoeus. I love his dark hair. Daddy looks pretty proud too . You're lucky getting some much needed sleep - I hope it continues for you.

Liam was weighed today & is now 4.12kg (9lb 2oz) so he's gaining VERY well . The night sleeping thing is still a bit of an issue but hopefully it'll improve soon.

Off to check out your birth story now...
Sponsored Links

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 7:51am
Oh my gosh Tara is totally adorable!!! Makes me want to meet my lil man sooo bad but he about 5 months more of cooking to do! Aww well done, and omg about the rude MW's and staff, I read your birth story and wow I would have self discharged myself too!! Thats shocking service, especially for a first time mum in labour and not knowinf what the hell is gloing on! Poor you! **hugs** at least you are home now and your wee man is here

Edited by Sheza

Snickerdoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snickerdoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 8:02am
Tara he's just lovely! I love the one of him having a bath! I love baby wrinkles! heheh

I'm glad you're feeling better

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 3:07pm
Thanks heaps everyone, I am totally in love with him. He's a lil star! His umbilical cord fell off this morning, I was so glad (man those things smell funky!).

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 3:49pm
Tara - I feel for you having to go through such an ordeal with the birth etc.

Phoenix is such a wee cutie!

I'm on straight EBM now - Jack's so lazy that he doesn't feed properly off the boob but does really well with a bottle. He's supposed to be sleeping right now (on 3 hourly feeding as opposed to demand as he's too lazy to wake up and slightly jaundice as well) but he's just started grizzling and we need to go out Oh the joys of parenting hehe he's such a gorgeous bubba though, can't stop staring at him.
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 4:15pm
Wow Phoenix is soo cute - I love the hair.

Emz 3 hourly feeding is the pits aye? Rowan is on demand feeding at night now but she's decided that 3-4 hours is ok with her . In the daytime I'm still doing 3 hourly feeds and sometimes she's really just not that interested. It does put a damper on going out unless you are all geared up to feed while you're out.

My little girl is giving cloth nappies a try - she was in prefolds yesterday and in a fuzzi today (although it's a bit gapey around the leg so she might have to grow a bit more yet). I spent ages with her on my shoulder yesterday trying to get wind up and I realised how chemical the smell of the huggies is so I decided we might just use those for nighttimes. Overall the cloth seems to be working well despite her small size.

LL lol at the umbilical cord smell - I never thought to smell Rowan's - I'm glad about that now.

Oh we've started to do an EBM feed at around 10pm and I can't believe how much she's packing away - 80mls the other night and 100mls last night

Edited by Bobbie

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 6:31pm
Jack's doing 60ml per feed and did an 80ml this morning. I was thinking, surely there's no way, but yep DH showed me the bottle and it was empty.

I don't think I'm going to try Jackson back on the boob, after all the trouble trying to get him to latch after he was born (didn't feed until he was about 8 hours old) I think he's got a complex about boob. I don't mind expressing though, as I pump and DH feeds from a previous pump so we tag team it quite well. Am worried about when he goes back to work in a couple of weeks but I kind of figure we'll be in a routine by then.

Bobbie after reading about Rowan's poopsplosion a couple of weeks ago, we had our first one today and I just peed myself laughing! The look on our wee boy's face was priceless, he thought it was awesome!
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by emz emz wrote:

Bobbie after reading about Rowan's poopsplosion a couple of weeks ago, we had our first one today and I just peed myself laughing! The look on our wee boy's face was priceless, he thought it was awesome!

We're keeping a score now. Currently it's:
DH hit = 4
Me = 2
Wallpaper hit = twice
Floor hit = every time

80mls is pretty impressive for a 4 day old - he'll be growing right before your eyes.

The fuzzis are a success - Changed her before and it was soaking (booster and inner) and a bit dirty but it hadn't leaked at all. Probably won't stand up against the mega-poo but pretty good all the same.

Edited by Bobbie

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 8:19pm
Glad to hear all is well.

Sally, Liam is gaining weight so fast for such a little one when born.

Emz, 80 mls is impressive! Good on you for expressing. One of my friends is doing the same as didn't like the thought of breastfeeding but wanted him to have breast milk. She is managing fine on her own so am sure you will too!

Mac was weighed today and had his imms. Has been a very cuddly wee man today and has now hit the 11lb mark.

LL, he is def very cute.

Best go, he is crying beside me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 8:52pm
Congrats & welcome back Emz. Are there any photos of little Jack anywhere? I'll have to go investigate. It sounds as if things are going pretty well for you. 80mls is very impressive alright. Liam was only having 20ml at that stage I think... (plus whatever he got from boob).

We're having major issues getting Liam to sleep, especially at night. So much so that we've caved & had him sleep in our bed the last few nights. I really am not happy about this but sometimes you'll do anything for a bit of sleep. I'm planning on spending a day at the Plunket Family Centre in the hope that they can help us get into some sort of routine. We can't go on like this for long. I'm lucky in that DH is still off work until the end of the month - he's been a godsend.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 8:56pm
PS: Bobbie, we've just started putting Liam in fuzzi's too. So far they seem really good & look so cute. We've been using prefolds too but to be honest I'm finding them a bit of a pain to get on properly. Dh is way better at it than me
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 10:25pm
Sally, you may not be into dummies but we have found them a godsend in getting Mac to sleep at night. I was so against them but he settles really easily with them and only has them after we have tried other methods to get him to sleep so prob uses them for about 2-3 of his sleeps. Just a thought..... apparently babies suck to sleep so that is way they often fall asleep while feeding...but who would really know.

Am off to bed now but am guessing he will wake very soon for a feed. Whoever said formula fed babies sleep longer was so lying!

floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 7:31am
Congrats Emz can't wait to see some pics of your little guy!

Tara well done such a cutie!!!!!! Read your birth that sucks how you were treated I would have self discharged as well.

Noah & Lola are doing really well only waking up once a night which is awsome for my sleep!!! We had to take them to the hospital for a check up the other day and they found Noah has a heart murmer so we had to have an ECG scan and X-ray and have to go back in 6 weeks to get it checked again.

Our nanny started this week it is sooooooo great having a bit more help so I get a break and can go out and get stuff done without having to take all 3 kids.

Noah & Lola got there 6wk immunisations this week and since I am such a woss took Noel with me to do the holding but they were both fine and only cried a bit.

Right better get back to what I should be doing which is paying some bills while it is all quite here!

Have a good weekend all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 10:41am
Hi Floss, yay for the nanny. I bet it feels great to be able to get out & have a little time to yourself. Sorry to hear about Noah's heart murmer though. I hope you get some good news at the next check-up

Peanut, believe me I am seriously considering getting a dummy. I think DH needs a bit of convincing but I'd guess he's at the stage where he'll say yes to giving anything a go... we are both so tired which doesn't help. I really hope baby improves a little before DH goes back to work or it won't be much fun for him .   
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 1:17pm
Hey all. On the dummy subject, I was always open to the idea, I mean babies love to suck (especially Phoenix, his hands are his favourite toy).

We had a really grizzly night 2 nights ago and I was still weak and tired from all that time at the hospital and caved into the whole dummy thing, now I wouldn't be without it.

He only gets it as a last resort but I always carry one with me. The Avent one that came with my breast pump is the best, he doesn't seem to like the Tommee Tippee ones (as they are bigger).

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 3:15pm
Yip, Avent all the way for us to. It came in my newborm bottle started pack. I always carry one to, as really don't want an over tired baby. i think the trick is to feed first to make sure its not hunger etc then use the dummy.

Sally, lots of good research on here for convincing DH if need be. Theres an article in that section showing that dummies can help in the prevention of SID's and also my MW said to me..."let them suck a dummy as you can always get rid of a dummy but you can't get rid of their thumb".

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 9:03pm
where can i find your birth story ladyluck?
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 10:22pm
Hi Janey, I haven't put it in the birth story section yet. It was under pregnancy, and I believe there was a thread made about a week ago about PJ's arrival. It goes on a bit, and I left loads out... but I couldn't go on typing forever.

Who out of you ladies tore? If any of you did?

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 10:51pm
Finally found it! Man u had a rough time hope u r feeling heaps better now that you are home and in control of things. Hope your tears etc. are healing well!
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 11:04pm
Tara, I didn't as was cut due to having a vontouse(?) delivery in the end. Was really worried about healing etc but its all good so am pleased about that.

My poor wee man is strugling with the heat tonight so is up and grizzly. Best go!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 246>